PDA

View Full Version : May 1st

vikingshadow
05-01-2006, 04:07 AM
What do you guys think about the May 1st "No Immigrants" day walk out that is being planned today?

First, let me say that my problem is with those immigrants that are here ILLEGALLY. Not the ones that are here honestly and TRYING to get along with the society they've chosen to immerse themselves in. Personally, I'm for immigration, so long as the immigrants are working towards citizenship and becoming a US citizen. This country was built on immigration.

Unfortunately, I just see it as a bunch of kids wanting to get out of school, and a lot of people taking a day off so they can shout a little and wave a flag that isn't Red White and Blue. Since when do people who are breaking laws in this country have the right to protest what happens to them in this country? What, they want more welfare? More money? Less taxes? OMG!!! That's like biting the hand that feeds you, so to speak.

Sorry, but I figure if I had several employees that walked out today, they'd lose their jobs. Anyone that isn't in my class today gets counted absent like anyone else. I don't care if their Italian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Canadian or Mexican.

I have a lot more to say, but I'm sure this is hurting someone's feelings already, and I'm late to work. So, what do you guy's think about this???

durrell
05-01-2006, 04:26 AM
I think it's rediculous. Sure let them go ahead and walk out. I hope they get fired and somehow end up back in Mexico, there's plenty more unemployed already in the country that could take their place. If they want to come over here and work hard labor for cheap, then that's fine..but when they start acting like they have a say in what goes on when they're supposed to be illegal "aliens", pretty much invisible to everyone so that they're not caught, then something's wrong..

Chris Cole
05-01-2006, 04:48 AM
Illegal immigration would not be as much of an issue if the government would enforce the labor laws we already have. Blame the employers, not the workers. Also, let's not make the assumption that all people protesting are illegal aliens. I have several co-workers who are naturalized citizens that will be protesting because of the draconian measures in the proposed law. Things like loss of citizenship for the children of illegal workers, lack of healthcare and education for these same children. The adult are fully responsible for their actions, but what the heck did the children do? Or how about making it a felony, a federal one at that, to give aid to an illegal immigrant? That's right if you offer lodging, money, or buy lunch for someone not here legally, you could be doing time in a federal institution and carry that mark for the rest of your life.

I think the guest worker measure is a good thing, but his proposed bill goes way too far. Durrell, if the unemployed folks wanted to do these menial jobs, they would. While managing a McDonald's sometime back I had a customer complain about all the Mexicans, who were all legal to work in this country, I assure you, that I had working in the grill. This pompous jerk had the audacity to tell me that I should hire some Americans. I then proceeded to ask the customer if he knew anyone that would like an application and he looked at me like I had just punched him in the face. Let's be perfectly honest, your average immigrant worker, legal or not, does jobs most people do not want to do. I spent several summers working for a landscaping company, and I never want to do that again.

Someone who is here legally and that is employed legally should not have to pursue citizenship. People have aright to be proud of their heritage and should not be forced to become something they do not want to be. I read a post sometime back on Doc Nickel's guild forum from Simon 'manike' Stephens, and he said he had no interest in naturalization. He's here legally, he's employed, he pays taxes, and he has skill that his employer values over anyone else. So tell me again why he has to seek citizenship?

Look at the big picture folks, not the easy one.

vikingshadow
05-01-2006, 05:02 AM
Someone who is here legally and that is employed legally should not have to pursue citizenship. People have aright to be proud of their heritage and should not be forced to become something they do not want to be. I read a post sometime back on Doc Nickel's guild forum from Simon 'manike' Stephens, and he said he had no interest in naturalization. He's here legally, he's employed, he pays taxes, and he has skill that his employer values over anyone else. So tell me again why he has to seek citizenship?

Look at the big picture folks, not the easy one.

And in this case, I agree. The key words are "here legally", "pays taxes" and "has skills that his employer values over anyone else." In this case, fine. I have no problems because I'm not supporting him with my taxes. Same goes for anyone who is here LEGALLY. I have no problems with them.

It's those that DARE to complain and are here illegally, the ones that fly their countries flags OVER ours and all over their tee shirts and vehicles, talk about me, my wife and kids behind our backs when they don't think I can understand - (I understand a bit of Spanish, can't speak it, but understand a lot of it,) REFUSE to accept the laws of this country and such that get me. Woodward is getting overrun with these people.

My question is: if we were suddenly to break out in war with Mexico (I use this example because these are the illegal immigrants we see around this part of the country) would you feel safe with these illegal "aliens" in your town? Would you trust them? They never once said a positive thing about the country or it's laws. In fact, they are BREAKING these laws.

chubb0rz
05-01-2006, 05:44 AM
somehow end up back in Mexico
its more than just mexicans d...gez :p

I'm all for immigration, even illegally because I have worked and work with a few people who are in the process of obtaining legal status and than are working on their citizenship. They are great people and hard workers.

I had a discussion with a guy at work, who is from Israel and he explained it well. He came to america and he lives american, he doesnt try to live like an Israeli, he says he saw the same in Israel. People coming and trying to live like they did in their old country, and it just makes things harder. I mean America doesnt dictate how you live but you should respect it to a certain degree.

Just my .02

DFSniper
05-01-2006, 07:06 AM
eh, might as well throw in my 2 cents. i'm a legal resident, lived there for 10 1/2 years, and hope to move back next summer and start college and/or get my citizenship before the german army comes knocking again...

if theyre here illegally, throw em out. some people actually work to get where they are. if they want to be here, they at least need to get legal residency and stop being lazy.

all i can think of right now, gotta work on a chemistry project.

marvin-martian
05-01-2006, 10:24 AM
for the past year or so, i have completely agreed with most everything vike has said, and i will continue doing so.

druid
05-01-2006, 10:38 AM
WELL......for years, the government **** the bed about this very subject and even through last year I got to witrness it first hand...

Our District Attorney made it a personal campaign to collect illegal aliens in the various and topic appropriate 'stings'...we had 2 LANTA bus-loads of illegals (most Mexican, by the way) and he filed for their deportation. When he contacted the INS, they said this: "If they aren't on the Suspected Terrorist Lists, forward us their names and addresses and then let them go. We don't have time for them right now." He was furious and even held a press conference about it.

But now that they are litterally blocking the streets, it should be easy now...go get them, arrest them and ship them out....all of them...

OtterSC
05-01-2006, 11:28 AM
so, lets see... if they do not want to respect our laws for coming in legally, then should we then disregard them in case they are robbed? i mean, it is not legal to rob a person. then "technically", it is legal to rob them.

i have not seen any stores here that are closed. or, "missing" employees.

though, i do find it amusing that the "foregners" that got me fired from my job are "out" today. just thought i would call into the office and chat with a former work mate.

xNinja-Dolphinx
05-01-2006, 11:56 AM
My question is: if we were suddenly to break out in war with Mexico (I use this example because these are the illegal immigrants we see around this part of the country) would you feel safe with these illegal "aliens" in your town? Would you trust them? They never once said a positive thing about the country or it's laws. In fact, they are BREAKING these laws. Im not sure if this directly applies, but it sounds similar to the Attack on Pearl Harbor. We sent all the Japanese-American people to camps in the Rocky Mts. because we thought we couldn't tust them(Although the legality of them being in the U.S. Im not sure about). Looking back on that I think it makes America look quite moronic on their part.

druid
05-01-2006, 12:00 PM
yeah...but if only Lucile Ball only heard the commy communications sooner....:D

MatthewTheTheif
05-01-2006, 12:28 PM
i have no problems with immigrants being in our country and taking jobs that noone else wants, i do have a problem when they start trying to make OUR country (everyones, yours, mine, theirs) like their past country. the American flag goes above all others here and the national anthem is in english, not spanish.

This is america, we speak english, it is the official language, there is no other official language, so why do we have most of the important signs in both languages?

i think we should remove everthing that helps someone who only speaks spanish, there should be no signs in spanish and there should be no translators, that should make people realize that they need to learn english to survive. If you go around in italy knowing nothing but english, your going to learn italian pretty quickly, right? Well, suppose that the italians start putting signs up in english and providing translators for you everywhere you go. There is now no longer a need for you to learn italian. This means that you can ignore the rest of the things that make italy, italy.

tl;dr-no more spanish and everything will be better

WhatThaSmurf
05-01-2006, 02:08 PM
not to sound redundant, but people here illegally are breaking our laws. and since they are not citizens, we can't put them through our process of law, and they are to be deported. at least that is the way i understand it. and for the spanish/english thing, they need to learn our country's language. i plan on going into engineering, and i am continuously told that a minor in spanish will get me a job anywhere i want. this pisses me off. why should we accommodate them? like matthew said, italian in italy. if they want to come into an english speak country and want the people who were there first to accommodate them, they have the wrong idea. sure, they do jobs nobody else wants to, but if it really came down to it, people would do those jobs. i support a nation wide crackdown on illegal immigrants

chubb0rz
05-01-2006, 02:46 PM
sure, they do jobs nobody else wants to, but if it really came down to it, people would do those jobs.
No they wouldnt...because they dont now, hence the reason for huge immigration "problem".

claustrophobia9
05-01-2006, 04:32 PM
for the past year or so, i have completely agreed with most everything vike has said, and i will continue doing so.
id say im about 25/75 with the 75 on agreement, and this is one of them

Recon by Fire
05-01-2006, 04:38 PM
It is no surprise they do not respect our laws. The US ignores their own laws and do not enforce them. So it is only natural that these immigrants see this and push the evvelope further and further.

What rather chaffs me though is protestors carrying the US flag flown upside down and under the Mexican flag. Along with the signs declaring America is theirs, the US was stolen from them, etc... These people have no interest in becoming Americans, they just want to take and take from America.

Immigrate to America all you want, just do it legally!

smakdacrak
05-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Hey I never hear about this.
Maybe because Im from Canada lol:p.
Is this a high profile issue in the United States right now?
In my opinion, illegal immigrants should be punished if they dont follow the country's laws.
We had the same problem in Canada where illegal Chinese or Japanese:confused: immigrants arrived on our shores several rusty old boats.

DexGtr
05-02-2006, 07:18 AM
best post i saw on another forum....

There are no illegal aliens, no legal aliens, there are, in fact, no aliens at all. It was just swamp gas and lights reflected from the nearby interstate. Don't take my word for it, just ask the Air Force.

DFSniper
05-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Im not sure if this directly applies, but it sounds similar to the Attack on Pearl Harbor. We sent all the Japanese-American people to camps in the Rocky Mts. because we thought we couldn't tust them(Although the legality of them being in the U.S. Im not sure about). Looking back on that I think it makes America look quite moronic on their part.
yeah, the japanese were here legally (most of em were even citizens!)

vikingshadow
05-02-2006, 10:10 AM
These two issues aren't the same. The Japanese Americans were loyal patriots, many of which had their own units in the war. They flew OUR flag and spoke OUR language. They were trying to assimilate into the US culture. They also didn't openly speak of taken back the country...

I was referring to those that could care less about our country and don't respect our ways in our country. In my mind, we were moronic about the Japanese Americans, but it's not relevant to this issue.