PDA

View Full Version : Gun Won't Blowback

Slammed0
04-30-2006, 05:30 PM
My gun was working fine one minute and the next wouldn't blowback. I thought I was out of CO2, but I wasn't. It will click forward one and thats it. Anybody have any suggestions?

ooglieboogliebob
04-30-2006, 06:33 PM
pull it back and shoot it again :) ... if it still shoots 275fps - 300fps and it just doesn't recock .. you got yourself a pump .. ;)

pman15
04-30-2006, 06:47 PM
u mean u have to recock the gun after every shot?

vikingshadow
04-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Pull your striker and bolt out of the gun and clean them really well. Then oil the orings (you might think of changing them to new ones.)

If that doesn't work, check your ASA to make sure nothing's blocking the air passage. There's a little filter in there that may be clogged.

Slammed0
04-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Ya, the gun shoots when you pull the tigger but the bolt won't cock back. I am in the process of checking it out now. I will clean everything. The LPC was loose and when I unscrewed it the Oring fell off and was HUGE. Like it expanded. So, I will replace that too. Thanks guys!

If none of that works, well, 1 year warranty.

Hob Hayward
04-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah, co2 will do that, maybe a peice of o-ring got stuck somewhere. I've seen o-rings completely having ripped apart and swollen up in the valve chamber.

druid
04-30-2006, 09:20 PM
and check/clean the filter screen in the VA...

Frat
05-01-2006, 09:21 AM
unless you have broken the body there shouldn't be a reason to send it back. If it is shooting (I take that to mean you are getting FPS) then it is getting air and you are probably not gummed up. I would look really hard at your striker o-ring. if it is split or worn on one side it will let the CO2 blow by and not recock the striker.

Zenin
05-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah, co2 will do that, maybe a peice of o-ring got stuck somewhere. I've seen o-rings completely having ripped apart and swollen up in the valve chamber.

Yep. This was exactly the case this last Saturday with a friend's gun. The inner of the two o-rings on the VA expanded and shreaded, leaving a piece of itself to get wedged up in the value spring works and cause the gun to fire but not recock.

The hammer o-ring could be a problem too...but so far I've seen four Spyders with recock issues and they were all valve related (including mine...when I was dumb and put the valve block in backwards and it leaked like hell).

Slammed0
05-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Well guys I got it working again. I'm not really sure what I did :lol: but it worked. I took the entire gun apart. I cleaned the body and the bolt. It was pretty dirty. I must have chopped a ball pretty bad and it got in there. I put it all together and it is running smooth again. Maybe the paint was gumming it up? Thanks for the help though.

druid
05-01-2006, 08:30 PM
yep...the wonderful world of maintenence. Plan on it about every half-case or so

Slammed0
05-01-2006, 10:31 PM
yep...the wonderful world of maintenence. Plan on it about every half-case or so

Oh lovely :)

Sandman_Bravo
05-02-2006, 03:46 AM
I like taking mine apart and cleaning it. Every time I do I polish up the hammer a little more with never dull magic wadding polish. It's soooooo smooth!

Slammed0
05-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Ya well I guess the more you take care of it/clean it the better it will treat you back. So does polishing that hammer really help?

ooglieboogliebob
05-02-2006, 04:33 PM
actually it does ... as with polishing the bolt ... one question though .. do you have the pilot ACS or just the regular pilot ...

you might wanta check www.ottersccustoms.com for the polishing faq :)

Slammed0
05-02-2006, 06:12 PM
actually it does ... as with polishing the bolt ... one question though .. do you have the pilot ACS or just the regular pilot ...

you might wanta check www.ottersccustoms.com for the polishing faq :)

I have the ACS.