View Full Version : quick question

04-30-2006, 04:42 PM
like the title says, i am going to buy a 88/4500 hpa tank but i have a question, what does hpa mean, i believe hpa is compressed air, but i have a tank that fills my co2 tanks and i was wondering if i were 2 buy a hpa tank could it be filled up with the compressed air i use 2 fill up my co2?

04-30-2006, 04:46 PM
HPA stands for High Pressure Air, which of course is compressed air. You can't use the compressed air that you use to fill your Co2 tanks. There's no cutting corners with HPA. You HAVE to get a compressor capable or compressing air to those PSI's or you can take it to the field and get it refilled (if it's available.)

However, there is another option. You can go to the same place you got that Co2 tank and they will have Nitrogen, which does the same thing as compressed air (my field uses it.)

04-30-2006, 04:51 PM
HPA is a general term used to describe the tank and what type of gas to put in it. High Pressure Air and Nitrogen (N2) are basicly the same gasses when it comes to this type of bottle and are interchangable when you get a refill. Either is acceptable to fill that tank with.
CO2 is NOT to be put into an HPA bottle, or vice versa. If they were, there wouldn't be so many different types of bottles...there'd be only one.

04-30-2006, 04:57 PM
so basicly druid and vikingshadow are saying that if i was 2 get a hpa tank i cannot fill it up with the tank i use 2 fill up my co2 with?

04-30-2006, 05:29 PM

04-30-2006, 09:03 PM

05-01-2006, 11:50 AM
yes. HPA is just that, gasses compressed to very high pressures. CO2 is not air, nor is it even a gas inside the bottle. when co2 is pressurized, it condenses into liquid, and thats actually what is inside your bottle. co2 will damage an HPA bottle.