PDA

View Full Version : lube/grease

davecuz1975
04-30-2006, 05:23 AM
is it ok 2 use olive oil 2 lube my mr2?i cannot find a suitable lube localy,please help

vikingshadow
04-30-2006, 05:38 AM
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No.

Spend the money, go online and buy some Gold Cup paintball oil or Dow 33. Either that or find some air tool oil. Some use 3-n-1 oil. I don't personally know about that.

But for the love of Pete! Be nice to your gun and don't put anything designed for consumption (other than paintballs) in it!

Oh, by the way. Welcome to the forums!

davecuz1975
04-30-2006, 07:10 AM
nice 1 viking i ll give the 3-in-1 a try i have some of that,im new 2 this game

DRAGON
04-30-2006, 08:04 AM
I'm tellin ya, spit is the best stuff and it doesn't cost you a cent. You just need to keep spitting in your marker to keep it running right. Bug guts work and they're free too but sometimes they wanna bite you so be careful. If you don't have any of that type of stuff around just try some paintball marker oil. That works the best but it'll cost ya - :rolleyes:

ooglieboogliebob
04-30-2006, 08:05 AM
hmm... well 3-in-1 isn't really a lubricator ... it's more of a cleaning agent ... it gets rid of dirt, grime ... that kinda stuff ... not sure if that's gonna help you ... and you might sorta screw up your gun a bit ... it's best to get some goldcup oil, or maybe even some DOW 33... i know Pete has it .. (hobbyhorse) ... try ordering some from him ... all you have to do is send a money order to him ...

EDIT:
hah .. nice one dragon .. but im not sure you should be messin with his head.. he'll actually think spitting and bug guts are true ...

davecuz1975
04-30-2006, 08:12 AM
cheers apart from the lube problem the guns fantastic.

Voodoo27909
04-30-2006, 02:38 PM
...What these guys are trying to tell you is that some lubricants can attack the metal (Alum.) in your marker and cause damage. Some lubricants will also attack the rubber in your O-rings...and cause damage to those...and MOST lubricants will attack the material that the paintballs are made of, causing them to deform in the firing chamber. I personally would not use anything other than the Dow 33 that was mentioned earlier in this thread (Shocker grease is the same thing...only more expensive). As for the oil that you need to use to suppliment the proper grease (A drop or two in the ASA before each day of play)...stick with the oils made for paintball for the same reasons mentioned above. It really can cause some damage to the marker if you venture outside the box on this one.

Hob Hayward
04-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Well I've stopped using 3-in-1 oil. It gave me no problems, and worked decently well, it doesn't melt o-rings as some people beleive, and it even says its a lubricant on the can...

Now I've got some gold cup though (yay). Now I realize I should get some of this dow33 aswell...

I'd suggest what these guys are saying, because they're the most popular and are known to work well.

tex
05-06-2006, 07:28 PM
I agree with Voodoo. Use paintball oil. I wouldnt recommend 3 in 1 cause it will swell the seals and they will jam the gun or tear. I know from first hand experience. Stick with paintball oil.

vikingshadow
05-06-2006, 08:02 PM
I don't use it either (although I mentioned it in my first post. Several people have told me about it, but I never wanted to use it.) I recommend Gold Cup and Shocker Lube - Dow 33, for those who want to stay away from Smart Parts....