PDA

View Full Version : This Has To Stop!

druid
04-29-2006, 11:34 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/28/anthem.inspanish.ap/index.html

I am in COMPLETE agreement with President Bush. If you want to come to this country as a legal citizen, learn the language and sing it in ENGLISH.

marvin-martian
04-29-2006, 11:42 AM
i saw that on the news yesterday and was just baffled. i cant believe people think its ok to sing our anthem in another language and changing the words to it for illegal immigrants. if they want to feel proud about being here, learn the language and become a citizen.

emf7301
04-29-2006, 12:15 PM
this is downright bull****. :hoppingmad: I honestly don't mind if they make a song protesting Bush's immigration legislation and policy but don't disgrace our national anthem by changing it to fit some person's agenda. Sure there might be different musical renditions of the anthem but they all (as far as i know) are in english WITHOUT the lyrics altered to support someone's agenda. Pitbull, whose real name is Armando Perez, said this country was built by immigrants, and "the meaning of the American dream is in that record: struggle, freedom, opportunity, everything they are trying to shut down on us."
The president is not trying to keep you from being successful while in the U.S., he's trying to get people to come in legally. Pitbull should look at himself and ask how is Bush trying to shut him down. I wish others would understand that and not wave foreign flags like people hate their heritage. I personally have no problem with them having mexican heritage ( i love tamales, my favorite, lipsmacking good :facelick:) but they are now americans and should be proud of their country. Sure the country has its faults but would they go back to mexico right now. Hell no. Be proud of your heritage but also be proud of your country. It is possible to do both and still protest against Bush's immigration stuff. Just leave the mexican flags at home.

Long rant short (for those with ADD, ADHD, and other so-called "diseases" who just zoned out the whole time ;) ) Be proud of your heritage, be prouder of your country, and learn the damn language. :headbrick:

03TiburonGT
04-29-2006, 12:18 PM
This is awful. Aside from being one of the first things in Bush's presidency that I agree with (I'm from the bluest state in the country, what do you expect?), this is just wrong. Yes, the country was founded and expanded on the basis of immigration, but immigrants speak other langueges than Spanish, but thats a whole other topic. and Yes, the United States has no official language (look it up if you want, there is none). The United States is in a way, celebrating illegal aliens. Almost to say "Congrats guys, really, job well done jumping that border". I think it should be made a law that if you are in this country, you should know how to speak English.

On another note, in all honesty I have no problem with immigrants "taking jobs". They aren't taking the jobs, the companies are GIVING them to them because they are willing to do the same work (sometimes better) for cheaper. But thats a topic for another thread...kinda.

Ares
04-29-2006, 12:31 PM
national anthem was written in english, it should be sung in english. end of story imo.

illegal immigrants dont steal jobs, they do all the jobs nobody else wants to do.

xtraking
04-29-2006, 02:27 PM
I think takes some of the meaning out of the anthem.

Moe
04-29-2006, 02:32 PM
its only fair that they have to learn it in english.....President bush had to learn to sing the mocarena in spanish. (thank you Conan)

DRAGON
04-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I think the news around the world is giving them the publicity they want/needed. Now their song and names are world wide and it's being discussed everywhere all the way to the Kingman forums. What is it they say? No publicity is bad publicity. Viva la media lol -

Baller-59
04-30-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm hoping they are breaking some sort of law by doing that. I don't give a **** if they have to make one to do so.

ricochet08
04-30-2006, 06:20 PM
damn man, that's messed up

Sandman_Bravo
04-30-2006, 07:26 PM
I saw a quick clip about this on TV, and the funny thing was that the guy who brainstormed this and created it is neither hispanic or American; he's British.

DRAGON
04-30-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm tellin ya, ya can't trust em. They're still peaved about the 1700's -

druid
04-30-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm tellin ya, ya can't trust em. They're still peaved about the 1700's -

yeah....and after all, wasn't it us that kept their little island from sinking into the ocean by the Luftwaffe? It sure wasn't by the French because here's their battle flag...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/WHITE-FLAG-3.jpg

bomberpilot07
05-01-2006, 12:35 AM
i agree if your gonna sing out nation anthem sing it in english or go die in a fire...

*secretly loads gun* :dodgy:

Warnichek
05-01-2006, 05:18 AM
I think they are forgeting one inportant word in all this immegration stuff. "Illeagal". Yea America was formed from immegrants but again "Illegal" is what Bush is focusing on.

And the song. Boo not liking that at all.

Chris Cole
05-01-2006, 05:28 AM
Quick, what's the official language of the United States?

druid
05-01-2006, 05:41 AM
there is none but it's primarily English, was settled by the English, they spoke English, should stay English

DFSniper
05-01-2006, 07:08 AM
hmm, heres a thought, how about i translate the Star-spangled Banner into german and get my friend with his guitar and make a vid and post it online. maybe i'll get some tv time too!!!

Tk-421
05-01-2006, 07:41 AM
I threw this together real fast at school not sure how it turned out..or how people will feel about it
here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl0uGnKFyZA)

Keep in mind I did this in just a few minutes when my teacher steped out of the classroom..Given more time I could have done it differently..

marvin-martian
05-01-2006, 10:33 AM
druid, we didnt keep their island from sinking, it was their invention of the radar. sure we helped take the focus off britain, but before we entered, britain was doing alright, we just gave them a push.

DFSniper
05-02-2006, 09:43 AM
my favorite quote from WWII after the bombing of Pearl Harbor:
"Thank God! We just won the war!" ~ Winston Churchill

sure, they invented the radar, but their cities were literally bombed to hell! the US had more industrial power than all the other countries in the world combined. if japan lost an aircraft carrier, they were SOL. if we lost one, we had 5 more waiting to go in the dry docks!

Tk-421
05-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Yeah, and in the battle of midway japan lost like all of their carriers..with only one of ours being heavily damaged

druid
05-02-2006, 11:46 AM
This is my point guys. We are the last real superpower on the planet but we were always the first to 'lend a hand.' I'm really tired of these 'feel-good' panzies taking shots at us, even within our own Country.
We need to stop being the World's Police Dept. and worry about out own. Instead of wasting our time with countries that have no desire for change, we should be using the resources to help our own citizens. We need to boot-out the people that don't belong here, mine our borders and erect machine-gun nests. Then use our own plentiful resources to feed our OWN hungry, homeless and the sick...and we really only need to do it for about 10-15 years because in that time...the other countries of the world will have free reign to poke shots at each-other. Then when they've had enough and come crying to us for help...we can throw in their faces, how they felt the need to fool around with our National Anthem...how they feel we're wrong for our presence in Iraq...k...let Iraq and Iran create nukes (the short tactical ones) and lay waste to the Middle East...
I remember when the Soveit Union tried to ocupy Iran and Afghanistan...I remember Ollie North sitting in front of Congress...I remember the Brittish Prime Minister begging for the UN to stop the Communist advance...and looking towards us for support...but now they want to open their traps about us throwing out illegal aliens? Now they want to change our history for us? Horse-flops. The Brittish need to worry about their own dismal little island...and I can say that with complete accuracy because I've been there. If I had to describe England in one word, that'd be it...DISMAL...
wow...now I have a headache...

thechubbss12
05-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Humm Druid you my freind have the right idea.... But what is a better idea?....

Mine!

Simply take over mexico.... Im serious we need hard workers, they need food, Education, Money, New Gove.... Everything.... Besides in educating them teach them english and fobid the speaking of spanish... Kill the culture the same way you killed my culture (American Indian). I promise you we will have a much better and richer society.... if they want to be here let them stay but make them pay so much for it.

But druid is right we should stop caring about what the heck a 3rd world country is doing and worry about makeing US better becasue if we dont then we will loose our Super Power fight to China....

My 2 cents.

marvin-martian
05-02-2006, 03:26 PM
that would take way too much effort for something that isnt very important. if we were to do that, it would take at least 50 years, and the public of both countries would revolt. youre talking about using military force to take over a decent sized country, completely convert their culture, give them a census, declare more borders, divide legeslative votes, etc etc...

it will never happen because its a horrible idea. sorry chubbs

vikingshadow
05-03-2006, 05:59 PM
I found this today. A DJ on the radio read it and I thought it was hilarious.

Please please please, I don't mean ANY insult to those immigrants working towards citizenship and/or those that are willing to work towards and try and fit in to this society. Yes, it's expensive to become a citizen, but think what the Founding Fathers "paid" to make sure you and I have freedom in our country.

Then, think of what Ellis Island immigrants went through to gain citizen status....Medical exams, intelligence exams, psychological exams, so on...

I personally think people need to start thinking about those people who aren't willing to do what it takes to be AMERICAN (my experience is those that don't want citizenship, but respect our country and try to work with the system do not fit in this category.) Also, I was listening to the news and it appears that SEVERAL Hispanic groups do NOT support what's been going on this week.

However, if you guys understood how much this is like the area I live in, you'd laugh your backsides silly!

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this. I plan to skip all legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure President Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely. However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely,