PDA

View Full Version : check out this link!!!

electraballr
04-29-2006, 06:56 AM
http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=15263&eq=&Tp= its for you who arent sure about the rocking trigger being legal.this site is sponsored by most major tourneys (nppl, nxl, ect.).

shunut
04-29-2006, 07:04 AM
Just because Compulsive sells it doesn't make it legal or illegal. The rocking trigger is illegal. It has 2 microswitches that fire the gun, which make it illegal.

Hob Hayward
04-29-2006, 07:36 AM
It says in the description that it is "completely tournament legal" because its still one shot one pull.

marvin-martian
04-29-2006, 09:44 AM
i still think rocking triggers are pointless. once you get used to the weird pull, you should shoot the same speed you would with a normal trigger. i just dont see why people want them for another useless switch.

vikingshadow
04-29-2006, 01:35 PM
It's illegal in the Midwest Players Series that started this year. According to their forums, they pulled at least one gun for having it, and there were suggestions that other were pulled as well.

Fact is, you HAVE to confirm this BEFORE you go to any tournament. You can't just say, "It's legal in so and so tournament."

electraballr
04-30-2006, 08:13 AM
in north east its all legal, i only know that for true fact cause i live 5ther and look it all up

TacTownKilla
04-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Im pretty sure its up to the Field/event not just by region.

phatphil
04-30-2006, 05:30 PM
in north east its all legal, i only know that for true fact cause i live 5ther and look it all up
Since you aren't affiliated with any specific tournament promoter or event, that statement really doesn't mean ****. ;)
-Taylor

TacTownKilla
04-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Since you aren't affiliated with any specific tournament promoter or event, that statement really doesn't mean ****. ;)
-Taylor

So when you go to a psp or nppl event do they say "oh we are in the northeast everythings legal" or do they say "You must have a legal gun according to are rules" I dont have to be affilated with any event to know that rules for one tournament might not be the same for another.

timbertiger20
04-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Anyone catch the manufacturer on the kingman trigger frame?

thechubbss12
05-01-2006, 03:45 AM
LOL Smart Parts LOL.....

Well i have a buddy who used a Rocking trigger on his gun for a torney last month... so im guessing its legal here....

Ring
05-02-2006, 11:43 AM
6.01 Marker Specifications. Players may use a single, 68 caliber, pump or semi
automatic paintball marker, which consists of a single barrel and single trigger. All Paintball
Markers shall only operate in semi auto or pump mode and may not operate in other discharge
modes such as burst, enhanced trigger or fully automatic discharge mode during league play.
See ASTM F2272-03

6.02 Trigger. A “trigger” is the moveable lever or button that comes in contact with the
finger. The contacts of a switch are not a trigger. A trigger pull requires an exertion of force by
the finger on the trigger and a release of force by the finger on the trigger during every shooting
cycle. Markers may shoot at any rate of fire, and may shoot any number of paintballs, provided
that it shoots in semi auto or pump mode only. This means that no more than one paintball may
be discharged during each shooting cycle of a trigger pull

NPPL leagel

NOT psps leagel

7.3. Markers
7.3.1. Players may carry a single, .68 caliber, pump or semi automatic paintball marker that
includes a single barrel and a single trigger.

7.3.3. A trigger is a movable lever that causes a marker to fire when force is applied directly to the
trigger with a vector parallel to the vertical plane of the marker.51 A marker that can be
caused to fire by any other means is illegal

5.3.1. The definition of a trigger is a device operated by the user of a marker that is typically a movable lever or button that comes in contact with the finger. The contacts of a switch will not be considered to be a trigger. A trigger cycle is the movement of the trigger through the discharge position and returning to a reset or recycle position. A trigger cycle usually requires an exertion of force by the finger on the trigger and a release of force by the finger on the trigger during every firing cycle. Markers may operate at a discharge rate to a maximum of fifteen (15) balls-per-second (bps).

5.3.2. Players may use a single, 68-caliber paintball marker that consists of a single barrel and a single trigger. Double action triggers are prohibited.

NXL.. hard to say...what is a "Double action triggers "

the rocker by definition is 1 trigger with 2 contacts

vikingshadow
05-02-2006, 12:18 PM
But my point is, UNLESS the tournament you play in uses these sets of rules, you'd be better off just reading the rules for the individual tournament. As you can see, it's really a toss up as to whether it's allowed in any particular tournament.

I really don't understand what's so difficult to understand. Just ask someone who runs the tournament if you aren't sure.

bigred76
05-03-2006, 09:57 AM
LOL, it's legal by all those rules you posted, Ring. Simply read the stuff you highlighted, and you'll understand so long as you have an education geometric features. :)
(PSP simply says you have to have a trigger you pull backwards towards the frame, not pushing it sideways. NXL says that you can't have a trigger that fires activation and release of the trigger switch.)

I agree with Vike, however.I wouldn't assume anything at all going into a tournament besides its location and when I'm supposed to be there. 1st step after registration in any tournament IMO: read the rulebook supplied somewhere on the league's website.

timbertiger20
05-03-2006, 04:37 PM
So it's legal......but still can't exceed 15 bps.....

KVpaintball
05-26-2006, 09:11 AM
i have a spyder electra and i need to know what i should upgrade some parts i have a rocket valve im going to put in but should i, is low presser better than High. What should i upgrade on my spyder electra