PDA

View Full Version : PGP O-Ring Question

ooglieboogliebob
04-28-2006, 10:28 PM
I very well know that you guys know much about pumps, and of course i don't so if you would please listen to my dilemma that'd be awesome.

Well my friends oldstyle PGP that he gave to me .. was disfunctional .. After finally, getting off my lazy butt and making my homemade square screw driver, i got the internals apart ... almost is now functional ... the only problem is that .. the rubber o-ring broke of course leading to it'd disfunction :p, of course this was the main reasoning. Im not to sure what kind of o-ring it is, and what number o-ring either. I usually order my o-ring's from mcmaster (http://www.mcmaster.com), since it's pretty cheap in bulk, so i was wondering if you could possibly just inform me of what it is :).
You probably already know but the o-rings sort of look like this:
___
/___\ ... but that's not in proportion of course

There was also another problem, and that was the lead(metal) o-ring, right behind the square screw, it had chipped, and damaged, while my friend put it to harsh conditions, coulda also always been me though .... I was wondering if that was needed in order for the pump to function properly, if not .. where could i get them ??

As you know my oldstyle PGP does not use the square screw to take out the internals, but rather, i just slightly hit the back to make it pop out.

Another question is, when i put the 12g cartridge in and screw it in (front model), and try to take it out after the cartridge is completely empty, the co2 doesn't come out after banging on the knee, or other methods, i was wondering if there was a better, fool proof or near that matter, to take the cartridge out.

You also probably know that in order to penetrate the 12g cartridge when you first put it in, you need to pump it, and i do know that you can make a direct penitration mod .. but i'd rather just keep it this way for now ;)

Informative and complete answers would be appreciated, thanks a lot all KUSA members :)

QAZ123
04-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you on your pm ooglie I fell asleep in front of my laptop last night lol! I don't have any definite answer's for you but I'll see if I can find out what your needing.

JB.

ooglieboogliebob
04-29-2006, 04:26 PM
alright, thanks man :)

ooglieboogliebob
04-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Well ... after searching a bit .. here's the exploded diagram:
http://www.geocities.com/ooglieboogliebob/PGP_exploded_diagram.jpg

The first o-ring is the lead o-ring, the second is the rubber ...
Although there is another o-ring before the on the chamber plug i believe.
I can't seem to find replacement parts for some reason ... so maybe i could size it up and just get buna o-rings that are round for them ??

Hopefully i get some more help :)

Edit:
Hmm.. seems i found this great site (http://mad-customs.com/products.htm) ... but it doesn't seem to be in buisness anymore .. :( ...

I also found this (https://palmer-pursuit.com/ecom/product_info.php/cPath/56_67/products_id/308?osCsid=2afd0f63518c733cc75ac36ffcd69464) ... but that has too much stuff ... i'll just keep looking around for o-ring numbers and such :)

QAZ123
04-30-2006, 07:12 AM
"The o-rings around the valve body are 13/16x1,5mm (inner diameter/outer diameter, thickness). I use the Nitrile - NBR 70 Sh."

ooglieboogliebob
04-30-2006, 08:40 AM
hmm... i can't seem to find it anywhere ... do you by any chance have a link ??

EDIT:
Well after an hours worth of searching i found this "Metric Buna-N O-Ring 1.5mm Width, 13mm Id" .. i can't find any with the same outer diameter though ... although i know there is more than one o-ring on the gun ... any more help ?? :p

tigerdave714
04-30-2006, 02:44 PM
I wish I could be of service on the o-ring question, but sadly I cannot. Ive owned and tinkered with 2 pgps (one old, one new) but when ever I lost a part or needed serious help I sent them off or got an oldschool-savvy friend to take a look.

I would suggest e-mailing Palmer's at Info@palmer-pursuit.com. Glenn and his family are a great bunch of folks. They know all there is to know about the oldschool Sheridan/PMI gear. He can tell you what parts you need and I'm willing to bet he's got some in stock... even the lead ones. He might not want to chat if you're not planning to buy them from him though, and Palmer's only downfall is their pricing. It'll cost ya more than you're expecting to pay for a few rings, but I think its worth it to have the right parts in your marker. If you're willing to spend some money on the PGP, Im sure Glenn can set you up with some other trick parts and upgrades as well.

Concerning the sticking 12gram issue, I had a similar problem with my KP a while back. There are a few things you can do to resolve this. First, shop around for different 12grams. Some have plastic decals on each cartridge with the brand name and specs. Others have the logo printed directly on the metal. Stay away from the ones with decals/labels. They dont slide in/out as easy as the bare metal ones.

Another suggestion I received from an old pro was to polish the inside of the 12gram changer. The gun is solid brass so a little brasso will fix you right up. You can find it in the metal polish section of any grocery or hardware store. The easiest way is to use an old battle swab or stick squeegee. Set the stick end in a drill chuck, just like you would a drill bit. Then pour just a bit of brasso (don't overdo it) down the length of the squeegee. Slide it inside the changer and slowly up the speed while moving the squeegee in and out of the chamber. Keep a firm grip on the marker and be sure not to get any brasso or squeegee fuz down inside the valve. When you pull the squeegee out it will probably be solid black from all the years of tarnish. Clean it off (or use the other half of the swab). Go again with a clean dry squeegee to buff off the brasso residue. Depending on how nasty it was in there, you might have to go two or three times with the brasso to really get it clean. The changer should then be nice and shiney, and slick as snot. While you're at it... it wouldn't hurt to give the inside of your barrel a nice shine as well.

Hope that helps. Good luck. And when you're done, why not post a picture of your lovely little pump. I'd like to see it.

ooglieboogliebob
04-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Alright i'll have an email going down to palmer's pursuit ... even though the pricing may be bad, i'm willing to fix this thing up :)

Anyways, thanks for the info on the 12gram issue, i'll be sure to try that out.
BTW barrel's already polished ... one of the first things i did ...

Anyway ... i'll be sure to post a pic of it as soon as i get a camera working :p

ooglieboogliebob
05-01-2006, 06:15 PM
well, i emailed palmers persuit, and i found out the o-rings are numbers 12 and 14 ...

Also the lead seal isn't needed ... if i find that the cupseal or something is broken, i can always buy from them :) thanks for that find tiger