PDA

View Full Version : my first gun. question

ssmitty85
04-27-2006, 07:14 PM
This is my first paintball gun, Fenis with ACS. i just had a quick question.. is the bolt supposed to be plastic.? and how do i get the striker back in the chamber with that little metal piece popped up in the chamber.?? ne help woudl be great

druid
04-27-2006, 08:45 PM
the bolt is delrin and yes, it's supposed to be that way. Turn your marker on and pull the trigger a few times as you slide the bolt/striker forward. The black O is the recoil bumper and goes in BEHIND the striker (around the striker spring).
Break in the acs bolt by rolling up a washrag and sticking it down the feedneck...then fire off about 200 shots to wear in the acs spring

Victory
04-28-2006, 06:22 PM
the bolt is delrin and yes, it's supposed to be that way. Turn your marker on and pull the trigger a few times as you slide the bolt/striker forward. The black O is the recoil bumper and goes in BEHIND the striker (around the striker spring).
Break in the acs bolt by rolling up a washrag and sticking it down the feedneck...then fire off about 200 shots to wear in the acs spring

I'm pretty sure that you can also take the bolt out and compress it with your hands to wear it in. You must do this a while, though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

vwjimmy
04-28-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that you can also take the bolt out and compress it with your hands to wear it in. You must do this a while, though. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm sure that would work eventually but why?

druid
04-28-2006, 08:37 PM
because the spring in the ACS will actually chop until it's weak enough to do it's job. As the spring remains stiff, it's continuing to be rigid. Rigid=no flex. No flex=chops. Weaken the spring for it to be able to do it's job.

ssmitty85
04-29-2006, 08:44 PM

Do i have to have air hooked up to do this.?

Hob Hayward
04-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah, or else, ig you want you can take the bolt out and press it down manually about 500 times. Thats what I did.

Sandman_Bravo
05-01-2006, 02:53 AM
Many people get confused as to why this needs to be done (I did too). The more you search thru these threads the more you will learn about things like this. Anyway, if Kingman had installed a spring that was the correct tension right out of the box, after some time it would sag as all springs do, and be too soft to work correctly. By providing a slightly stiffer spring initially, it will "break-in" to the desired tension. Or at least, that's how it has been explained on these forums. (I make no claims to be an expert, I'm a relative newb myself) I chopped some intermittently with my Pilot ACS until I did the rag in the breech thing and fired off a full 12oz co2.

ooglieboogliebob
05-01-2006, 06:03 AM
that's sort of true ... but it really just comes out of the factory that way .. there really isn't any reasoning behind it.