PDA

View Full Version : It's just a Spyder anyway...

Sandman_Bravo
04-27-2006, 05:41 PM
This seems to be the general consensus on upgrading and customizing Spyder's, and man I'm really getting sick of it. If I want to spend more on an air tank than I did on the marker, so what? So I've spent some time and money customizing it, and I will probably continue to. It gets bothersome hearing the world tell me, "You'd do better to put the money towards an Ion, Tippman, or a similiar better gun." I like my Pilot!
Sorry, I just had to rant a little.:mad:

thechubbss12
04-27-2006, 05:44 PM
LOL whew all you gotta do is tell those lame kids off a couple hundred times and they will leave you alone LOL.... Just keep it up it will eventualy pay off...

ricochet08
04-27-2006, 06:25 PM
challenge them to a match and paint em' up :D
that'll put all that noise on hush :cool:

emf7301
04-27-2006, 07:10 PM
i know exactly how you feel man. I have several friends who i go pb with. 1 has a stock spyder victor 2 w/ sp barrel, another has a a-5 with a j&j. The others: 1 just got a dm4 and the other has an old angel. I on the other had have a pilot acs. The other day when i showed my friend with the a-5 what i wanted to do to take my pilot lp he said cool but my friend with the dm4 overheard and basically said why would you want to do that. My response was because i can and i like challenges. I don't always take the easiest path which in this case is just buying a new gun. Plus i just got it like a month ago. Long story short, do what you want and let those nay-sayers know how it's done! :D

DRAGON
04-27-2006, 07:57 PM
This seems to be the general consensus on upgrading and customizing Spyder's, and man I'm really getting sick of it. If I want to spend more on an air tank than I did on the marker, so what? So I've spent some time and money customizing it, and I will probably continue to. It gets bothersome hearing the world tell me, "You'd do better to put the money towards an Ion, Tippman, or a similiar better gun." I like my Pilot!
Sorry, I just had to rant a little.:mad:

Sorry, I really don't understand your concern but here's your answer:

1) Why do people make such comments? To piss you off and make you feel inferior -

2) What happens when you get pissed off and react as though you feel inferior? What they said appears to be true and you've reacted exactly the way they wanted you to. You're their puppet lol -

3) What to do about this field smack talk? Either ignore them or laugh along with them then seek shrew-like retrebution on the field(don't forget to bonus ball) -

4) After the game is over, offer to help them clean your Spyder's paint off them......the ultimate vindictive climax -

Slammed0
04-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Well said man. I agree! All of my friends I paintball with (And I mean ALL) own Tippmans. Actually most of them are pretty cool about my Spyder, but one talks so much trash about it. He thinks his Tippman is all high and mighty. I try to take it in stride but I do kind of get sick of it. Funny thing is, I keep up with all of them. Their Tippmans hit/miss me about as much as I might hit/miss them.

Are guns may be a little cheaper priced but so what? Our guns are very upgradable. And I personally dig my Spyder.

Elfmaze
04-28-2006, 04:54 AM
i am one of those who probably have about 400 into my spyder at this point, and its not even a working marker yet. but i must admit. i wish kingman would keep there tolerances a bit tighter in the factory. there are some really sloppy designed and machined parts in there.

SparkyGT
04-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Yeah i get the "why dont you buy a A-5 it has a loader built in"
Then i say "well since i shoot left handed, and sight down the right side of the gun, there is this huge beer can sized loader feed, so cant see nothing"

Still it was cool shooting my buddy with my pilot, and he says "I didn't think you could shoot that far without a flatline"

druid
04-28-2006, 12:18 PM
I dohn't care what anyone says. My Esprit mowed faces, lawns and shrubs. Players with $1200 got owned in the harshest ways and were butt-hurt when they found out how. You want them to stop? up the marker to the absolute max and get good enough with it to wreck their day. They'll change their mind.

Ask Bomberpilot07 if you don't believe me.

Slammed0
04-28-2006, 04:46 PM
I dohn't care what anyone says. My Esprit mowed faces, lawns and shrubs.

:lol:

Hob Hayward
04-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Aye, it is the ultimate emabrassment to make fun of a spyder and then get owned by it. For me, at my field everyones just "oh, spyder noob, who cares." Buy my kill:death ration is probably closer to 3:1 :)

vwjimmy
04-28-2006, 06:42 PM
There is nothing better than getting dismissed because of my marker and being the last one standing....I'm not sure I have seen a marker that is faster than the Fenix I shoot....it doesn't take a genius to time or repair....so it's man vs man not marker vs marker....and my spyder pwns 'em all!!!!!

electraballr
04-30-2006, 08:22 AM
guess what. id rather have my spyder then a shocker because it requires like, no maintnence. and anyways. whats so much better? its different! "oh i have a solonoid it owns ur stupid spring.???!!! big difference, i cant wait till those guys have their solonoids broke. spring is more reliable anyways cause it doesnt work on electronics and all dat.

also i wanna ask somethin.
why is a karny 1k when a spyder has kooler ups, lighter, most are more compact, and can be faster, and require less maitnence?

electraballr
04-30-2006, 08:24 AM
and dont forget to bonus ball everybody that makes fun of some1 elses gun cause they're jealos

vikingshadow
04-30-2006, 08:45 AM
guess what. id rather have my spyder then a shocker because it requires like, no maintnence. and anyways. whats so much better? its different! "oh i have a solonoid it owns ur stupid spring.???!!! big difference, i cant wait till those guys have their solonoids broke. spring is more reliable anyways cause it doesnt work on electronics and all dat.

Um, ok? Ever shoot a shocker? Or any high end gun for that matter? You can't even compare the two. The shocker is ligher, faster, has better parts and tolerances, absolutely NO kick whatsoever, and just LOOKS a whole lot cooler. Maintenance isn't that hard on a shocker, but so what? You don't have blowback issues like on Spyders, like jackhammering, decocking problems, massive kick, loudness, It's a single tube spool valve versus a stacked tube blowback. Puh-LEEZE! Trust me, there's no comparison.

Now, I'd like everyone to think about this. What makes a spyder BETTER than someone else's gun, so much so that you can cut on the higher level guns? Point is, there's no difference in them cutting you down for your gun, than you cutting someone down for having theirs. Before you start blowing through other peoples guns, go shoot them. THEN you can compare them.

and dont forget to bonus ball everybody that makes fun of some1 elses gun cause they're jealos

I really hope you're joking here. If not, that's a load of crap taken straight from the "A*hole Paintballers Guide to Being A Jerk On the Field."

Getting bonused in a tournament is one thing (also not acceptable, but that's something else) but bonusing rec players because they made a comment about a gun? Talk about sinking down to their level! You aren't proving anything other than you can shoot someone while their walking off the field. That's EXACTLY the kind of statement that's turning this game to crap....

Now, electraballr, I don't know you. For all I know, you're a decent person. But if you were to bonus anyone around here for that, or for any reason, #1 - you wouldn't be playing long because no one would play with you, and #2 - before you left, they'd make sure that you knew what a REAL bonus balling was - ramping turned all the way up to maxing loaders. WITH their Shockers, Timmy's, DM's etc.

I love Spyders. They're fun. I hate that people cut them down because it shows ignorance, but it's even more "ignant" to try to "prove" that your gun is better than their's by having a pissing contest. Like everyone here said, just go out and play with it. Shoot a few of them and teach/show them that the gun is a good gun. Actions speak louder than words anyways, and if you play honorably and well, they'll respect you BECAUSE you shoot a spyder, not IN SPITE of you shooting a Spyder.

druid
04-30-2006, 01:13 PM
haha vike.......you gave me an idea....:D

vikingshadow
04-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Oh no! :doah: