PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Questions

Victory
04-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Hey guys, I have a few questions about the MR2:

1. Detents...I'm still kinda' new to paintball. Where are they in the gun? Will these work with the MR2? http://www.criticalpaintball.com/product_info.php/cPath/124/products_id/412?osCsid=b6ce74ba77a2eb4bf0e7984a647649b6

2. Where is the location of the valve positioning pin? I might buy that Turbo Hopper thing, and I want to know if it will work with the MR2. Here's a link to their site: http://www.turbopaintball.com/turbostart.html

I will update this with more questions when I think of them. :D

new_Faction64
04-27-2006, 02:20 PM
those detents will work fine, you may also be able to find other ones (the same stuff though) for slightly cheaper.

ooglieboogliebob
04-27-2006, 03:16 PM
actually ... no Victory's choice is better ... the timmy detents are way better than stock replacements ...

I also looked the turbostart loader ... if you really want it ... it looks like all you need to do is knock out the valve pin and put in another pin for it and mut microline in ... not sure how well it'll work though .. i'd rather just go for an eggy or something .. :)

Victory
04-27-2006, 03:52 PM
actually ... no Victory's choice is better ... the timmy detents are way better than stock replacements ...

I also looked the turbostart loader ... if you really want it ... it looks like all you need to do is knock out the valve pin and put in another pin for it and mut microline in ... not sure how well it'll work though .. i'd rather just go for an eggy or something .. :)

The thing is, looking at the pictures (I haven't got mine yet.) it appears that there is no bolt pin...or soemthing. Can someone confirm that there is a bolt pin? If so...where?

And about the Eggy, yes, that is number two on my list. (I really want to see if I can get the Turbo to work.)

EDIT: Another Question!!

Will DYE Sticky III's fit this marker? Thanks again!

Eric182
04-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I don't know about that turbo feeder, man.
Seems kinda weird...does it even load balls faster or does it just agitate it? It probaly costs quite a bit too...Personally, I use an EVO II, so I would go with that.

new_Faction64
04-27-2006, 04:38 PM
The thing site it does 12-15BPS, how much does it cost?

I'd recommend a Halo TSA

ooglieboogliebob
04-27-2006, 05:15 PM
34.95 for the turboloader not including S+H. Umm.. go to that site, go to instuctions .. and look at the video on the spyder one .. all you do is knock out the valve pin and stick a power neck .. or something int here and then screw 90* thinger and then microline to hopper ... im not so sure how it's gonna do with snaggs ...

Edit:
Dye stickies could fit .. but you might need to mod it ... if it doesn't ..

Victory
04-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Ok, but where is the pin valve located on the MR2? I can't tell from the pictures.

wayleft
04-27-2006, 10:29 PM
I hae dye Stickies and had to shave a little of the top with a razor, no biggie. you could take an hour and make it look really nice. I took about 20 min. and they work GREAT.
A pneumatic loader sounds appealing but I really advocate something faster, all the quirks I didn't like about my spyder fixed themselves when I put my Halo B on my MR2

Victory
04-28-2006, 01:58 PM
I hae dye Stickies and had to shave a little of the top with a razor, no biggie. you could take an hour and make it look really nice. I took about 20 min. and they work GREAT.
A pneumatic loader sounds appealing but I really advocate something faster, all the quirks I didn't like about my spyder fixed themselves when I put my Halo B on my MR2

Is there any way you could take a picture? Also, can you tell me where the valve pin is on the body? I'd really appreciate it. :D

ooglieboogliebob
04-28-2006, 05:44 PM
oh oh ... here (http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/diagrams/mr2.pdf) ... i suppose your looking for part number 14A ... your gonna needa take the handle off first to get to it though .. i think that was what was confusing you

Victory
04-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Ahhh, ok, I get it. So basically if I want to use that hopper, I would have to drill a hole in the grip....

Hmmm...I guess I'll just stick with my origional plan...time to buy an Eggy! (Or should I just buy a Halo? Hmmm...)

Hob Hayward
04-28-2006, 06:49 PM
No, it'll fit, its part 14a. I doesn't even get close to the grips... I think the whole idea seems pretty good, so long as you can get it working, the reviews say some people had non-working ones, while other peoples worked great... I'd buy one if I didn't have a halo TSA (great hopper by the way)

If you want sticky grips, you'll need to mod them.

Victory
04-28-2006, 07:04 PM
No, it'll fit, its part 14a. I doesn't even get close to the grips... I think the whole idea seems pretty good, so long as you can get it working, the reviews say some people had non-working ones, while other peoples worked great... I'd buy one if I didn't have a halo TSA (great hopper by the way)

If you want sticky grips, you'll need to mod them.

Awesome...

If it doesn't work, I guess I'll just send it back explaining to them that it doesn't work with the MR2, and then I'll buy something else.

ooglieboogliebob
04-28-2006, 08:34 PM
^^ ... well that'll just waste time .. and money .. (shipping it back and forth) ... just go with the eggy, that should be plenty unless you can walk more than 19bps .. :p

BTW you would need to drill it .. have you even ever seen the MR2's ?? .. they're handle covers almost half the body !!! .. take the time and look at it .. you would needa mill the handle for it to work ...

Edit:
I ready it again .. and i think your confused with the e-frame ... deffinetely not talking about that ... look at the foregrip ...

klink
05-05-2006, 12:43 PM
no no no no the turbo loader works fine witht he MR2
i took all of 30 seconds to install. the hardest part was opening the package.
the valve pin is the silver pin located about dead center in the gun near the edge of the fore grip. i'm at work right now and i can't exactly go home and take a picture of my marker and post it, but i will in about 2 hours.
you will have to knock a small corner off the edge of the fore grip, but big deal. i'd much rather take a 1/4" x 1/4" square off the grip than buy two 9-volts every week. but seriously, its VERY easy to knock a little corner off the grip.

Eric182
05-05-2006, 04:54 PM
two nine volts every week? what kind of hopper are you talking about? :rolleyes2:

wayleft
05-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Two 9 volts a week? Switch that revvy to OFF when youre not using it. and 1/4" x 1/4" square by definition of square can be written (typed) 1/4" square. ;-)

Hob Hayward
05-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Good to hear that the hopper works for you klink, I'm curious to see the pic of what you had to to do to get it to work.