PDA

View Full Version : Just Got A Rodeo

Slammed0
04-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Well, I just bought my 2nd Spyder gun. The Rodeo. Got it on the net. It looks like a good/cool gun. Its mainly because the woman wanted to try paintballing so I bought her a gun. I also bought a SP Teardrop with it.

Anyways, anything I should know/upgrade about these guns? How is the stock regulator?

ooglieboogliebob
04-26-2006, 03:39 PM
well on the rodeo .. stock reg should be plenty for you ... One thing you need to get is the barrel, but you already have that so your fine ... besides that i'd say HPA, and maybe an agg hopper ... blowback causes the balls not to feed sometimes ... Besides that unless you want to do some LP stuff ... i don't really think there's anything else ...

Slammed0
04-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Awesome! Then it should be a fine gun for her. And if she doesn't get to into the sport or whatever, well, then I have a second gun! :lol:

thechubbss12
04-27-2006, 03:27 AM
LOL
Always a good thing about buying guns for your female partners LOL.... Usualy they dont get into the sport and you have an excuse for a second gun LOL....

Rodea stock reg isnt the best or well doesnt compete with any reg i know of.... It just sux lol

bamf-hacker
04-27-2006, 03:59 AM
The stock Rodeo reg does not suck. It does what it is meant to do. Keep the gun around 800psi. You are not going to get it to run right for LP or if you e-frame the gun and need a faster recharge rate, but again it does what it is supposed to do on a stock Rodeo. If you wanted to change it there would be a few things you would need. A new assault block and a metric/standard adapter for the bottom line hose. If not more if you go with macroline.

But if the gun is for your significant other and she only plays occasionally, if that, then leave it alone. Get a new feedneck as the stock plastic clamp is horrible...

HacKeR

Slammed0
04-27-2006, 03:52 PM
What kind of feedneck do you guys run/recommend? I could probably use one with my Pilot too. I have a Halo B on the way as we speak.

As far as upgrading, ya I will leave it alone for her. But, if she gives it up then I shall upgrade that badboy. :D

ooglieboogliebob
04-27-2006, 04:08 PM
well .. the pilot is tabs .. you could get the CCM no holes (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=aDzJJUnlGejJLw20NG0JjUNDoXaJEchUa-k=?ProductID=YlzAqArbwsgAAAECGWU0F1qE) or the Ndz Prolock no holes (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=aDzJJUnlGejJLw20NG0JjUNDoXaJEchUa-k=?ProductID=MLPAqArbLFoAAAEF5vUC1H2k) Both are great, but the Ndz i like better because all you do is use the qlock feature rather than the allen wrench ...

Slammed0
05-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Got the Rodeo in the mail the other day. Nice gun!! I am very impressed with it so far. Like you guys mentioned though I think I will have to get her a better hopper though and feedneck.

ooglieboogliebob
05-05-2006, 09:23 PM
yep .. besides that you may even be able to put an e-frame on it :) ... besides those your all set unless you want HPA and go LP :)

PaintBallur25
05-08-2006, 05:33 PM
the stock regulator is definitely good....its a nice edition to the gun! plus who wants to spend $80+ dollars on new reg and assault block

i put an ESP on my rodeo and it definitely made it a real competitive gun....however if you dont want to spend the money on an e-trigger you could always do a trigger mod to the current trigger....shorten the pull a bit

i believe Otter has one on his site?

kies
05-30-2006, 08:49 AM
I've seen this in action its awsome!, put a e-frame on, a view loader revoulution and an acs derin bolt.
well worth the money!
:)