PDA

View Full Version : Remote leak?

Spyderman008
04-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Hello,

This is my first post although I have read quite a bit of these forums. I recently purchased an 05 Pilot ACS, J&J Cermaic 14" barrel, a Revvy, some Dye stickies, a 20oz CO2 tank with a Spyder remote and a quick disconnect / slide valve. This is my first gun although I have rented and played scenario/woodsball quite a few times.

Here's my problem. When I connect the remote to the tank and turn the knob to turn on the CO2 flow it leaks (sprays and freezes my hand) if I turn it too far. This is only if I turn the knob until it stops. I can turn it enough to get air to the gun with it not leaking but I'm not sure if it has max flow like this. Is it a simple on/off valve? Should I be able to turn the knob until it stops? Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I exchange it for another?

Thanks in advance.

C

Nader
04-25-2006, 09:32 PM
you should definately be able to screw it in all the way.
Check your tank o-ring, and maybe put a little oil on it.
That's all I can think of.
what brand remote is it?

Spyderman008
04-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Its a Kingman Spyder remote. It's leaking right below the twisting knob, not from where it screws on to the tank. I took the cap off and couldn't find anything. I guess I'll just bring it to the shop I bought it from and exchange it.

http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1567252reg.jpg

timbertiger20
04-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Try this. Turn knob all the way tight before putting the bottle on it. Then just turn the bottle until the leak stops. I have a bad Remote knob and that is my work around!

Spyderman008
04-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Went back to the shop that I purchased it from and was told that you should not screw it down all the way. It is a universal remote so it is made for different tanks that require you to screw it to different lengths. I was told that you screw it down until you feel or hear the burst fill the remote.

It works fine like this I just wasn't sure.

Thanks,

C