PDA

View Full Version : ball deflection???

Heroguy
04-25-2006, 05:17 PM
What does it mean when my hopper deflects a ball I looked everywhere on multiplesites but all I found is that it has something to do with saving balls

don't hate me

Elfmaze
04-25-2006, 05:22 PM
just means the round that was fired at you hit you're hopper but didn't break. a rickochet(sp?)

vikingshadow
04-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the forums! This is definitely not a flameworthy question, and here, although it's been happening more lately, probably won't happen.

***polishes the deputy badge on chest***

I'm not quite sure what you mean, though, by your question. What I think of off the top of my head is that the design of the shell on the hopper is such that if a ball hits it, it's deflected away, rather than breaks on the hopper.

Could you maybe word your question a little differently? Or did I answer it?

druid
04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
just means the round that was fired at you hit you're hopper but didn't break. a rickochet(sp?)

:yeahthat: ...it's also called a 'bounce'

DRAGON
04-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Ya, I think that is one of Ricochet's selling pionts but it's bull IMO. There's a great chance if a ball hits your hopper no matter what angle the surface on the hopper is, the balls gonna break. That is unless it's that paint on special that is so old it wouldn't break shooting a piece of steel from 3' away lol -

DyNasty9
04-25-2006, 08:48 PM
ok i have a ricochet apache(im selling it btw if anyones interested PM me) and it does deflect paintballs, ive had it happen numerous times. however. about 90% of the time they did bounce off the hopper they still hit me right in the goggles,lol. because of the angle of the walls on the hopper they will deflect off the hopper and into your goggles. just thought id point that out.