PDA

View Full Version : A question

Newbiepaintballer
04-25-2006, 04:17 PM
I have a question about fps you know Goggles are only industry-rated and guaranteed to 300 fps can a MR1 ever hit at 300fps enough force to do that to google because today i shot a guy in the face with my Electra in the googles and the Eye prtection Shattered and the shells of the paintball gun cut him up a little bad and i dont think im gonna be paying with it anymore

vikingshadow
04-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Let me ask this first. Did you chronograph the gun before you played, or just quess-tamate the speed? It is very dangerous, and painful to play with guns chrono'd at speeds higher than 300 fps. You should ALWAYS chrono. However, I've never actually seen gogs shatter, and I've seen several hit with very high speeds, upwards of 380 fps or so...

Could have been crappy lenses. But, it's a good example that a tested and approved chronograph should always be used. AND to change your lenses frequently!

Newbiepaintballer
04-25-2006, 04:36 PM
yea my brother did and it was a good lnse way better than mine

wayleft
04-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Any marker can reach 300+ fps. Yes an MR1 can my buddy chrono'd at 317 with his MR1, he had to replace the spring but we obviously didn't play until he was under the fields 280 fps limit. As far as shattering a pair of goggles, the lens can be damaged by face shots, chemicals, and time. Even worse sometimes you can't detect the damage.

Frat
04-26-2006, 08:37 PM
I have been playing since 91 and the only gogles I have ever seen shatter were a pair of shop gogles that some one brought out. They ended up being used as a "this is why we don't play paintball with shop gogles" demonstraition. Either your gun was very hot close to 400fps or the gogles were damaged/defective.

TheRogueGnome
05-12-2006, 05:38 AM
i had a crappy pair of brass eagles that i was wearing bc i broke the band on my other pair..now i was playing and got hit in the glass by an A-5 chronoed to 280fps and it cracked the glass hardcore..BUT they are old and crappy

Frat
05-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Since this thread has been resurected my first chrono after doing the mods was 365FPS

yamaha cow
05-14-2006, 11:17 AM
when u clean lenses only use brand cleaning salutions and brand anti forg if u use it because othe solutions or cleaners will damage lenses.

ooglieboogliebob
05-14-2006, 12:21 PM
nah ... don't use cleaners period ...

expecially if you have a thermo-cured lense ... it'll screw it up ... just use cold water to clean it off ...

Hob Hayward
05-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Or somthing like RAGE anti-fog spray, it works well enough for me, and helps to clean better, but otherwise water is much better than using somthing like windex.

ooglieboogliebob
05-14-2006, 03:20 PM
... not sure why you'd put anti-fog spray on an already thermocured lense .... it'll just wear out all of the thermocure on it ... making it useless ....just use luke/cold water .. period

Although if it's a shield lense ... single lense .. w/e you wanta call it ... you should use antifog ... or dishwasher soap ...

yamaha cow
05-14-2006, 06:49 PM
never use windex but i know extreme rage says for safety to use there cleaning salution and anti fog if your looking for something liuke that.

druid
05-14-2006, 07:44 PM
read this....it's long but well worth the effort

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2292

Hob Hayward
05-15-2006, 07:12 AM
We all know to wear our goggles druid, but bob, the fog-proof lenses arn't that way because of a coat on the lens there are two lenses that make it hard for them to fog up.