lilc where do you get all your stuff
barrels
expansion chambers

lilc
04-25-2006, 01:42 PM
lilc where do you get all your stuff
barrels
expansion chambers

I shop all over the Internet, man, and I read this forum as well as the Special Ops Spyder forum.
http://www.pbase.com/chrisbynum/image/58056644.jpg
The 8" barrel is from the Pro-Team Products website.
http://proteamdirect.com/armsonbarrels.html

The 4" barrel is from End Game (Autococker threaded with a Lapco adapter) --
http://www.endgameinc.com/Paintball-Products/Stub-Nose-Barrels.asp

The Expansion chamber is a Lapco unit from my local shop.
http://www.lapcopaintball.com/prod/accessories/univ_accessories.html

HTH...

yamaha cow
05-02-2006, 01:02 PM
does any kind of expansion chamber fit into it

DRAGON
05-02-2006, 02:00 PM
May I just interject that an expansion chamber is useless when using an HPA tank. It's only function is to give C02 time to expand before it gets to the valve. They are also useless if you're not using C02 in cold weather. So......if you're not using C02 or not using the C02 in cold weather, there's no rational reason to add/purchase an expansion chamber to your MR1 -

A 4" barrel will make your marker extremely inefficient due to the fact that the ball doesn't have time enough to reach its full velocity potential in a barrel that short. This can only be resolved by using more pressure to push the ball quicker to reach that velocity. Did I mention very loud and inaccurate as well? -

yamaha cow
05-03-2006, 04:25 AM
so and i dont care the most accurate part of your barrel is the first 2-3 inches, also i use c02 also since my team camps when we play.

yamaha cow
05-03-2006, 04:25 AM
like both sat and sun

oldnewb
05-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Thx Dragon. I was just about to ask if the expansion chamber seemed like a worthy purchase. Since I only play recreationally, and usually only during the sunny months (which, since I live on the west coast of Canada, is just about every season but the dead of winter), I may end up putting off the purchase of an expansion chamber for awhile. I'll still probably continue using Co2 though, but perhaps AFTER I've gotten a new barrel and a few other accessories, I may still consider getting a chamber... anyone else have an opinion on this?

BTW, I took my brand new MR1 out for it's first day of paintballing last weekend... gotta say that I love it. The only thing that irked me a little was trying to sight down the length of the gun... that stock didn't seem to like my paintball mask much. I finally ended up just giving up and walking my shots to the target instead of trying to sight up the first shot.

new_Faction64
05-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Well yamaha cow, I gotta recommend, after shopping for a full setup on the internet (Gun, hopper, tank, barrel, and many other items), on at least 3-4 different occasions (for the same setup) have I switched from one online retailer to another, finding better prices and combining items on less sites (which can lead to free shipping), overall, even after you look for the lowest prices, and double check it, go back again and look at other websites, I probably would have spent $400 on the stuff I am now buying for $350.

yamaha cow
05-03-2006, 01:01 PM
can i ask you what your getting and from where.

yamaha cow
05-03-2006, 01:02 PM
i am just wondering wat kind of stuff to get, oh and i just bought a custom products dropforward it looks cool.

WhatThaSmurf
05-03-2006, 01:09 PM
so and i dont care the most accurate part of your barrel is the first 2-3 inches
WRONG! The most important part for accuracy is the last 2 to 4 inches, but that comes after the 8 to 10 inch it takes for the paintball to get up to speed. So a short barrel is louder, less efficient, and less accurate.

new_Faction64
05-03-2006, 02:21 PM
can i ask you what your getting and from where.

I got most of it from ActionVillage.com

yamaha cow
05-03-2006, 05:32 PM
well that is not wat i heard from DYE, EMPIRE,and EVIL barrel makers

Hob Hayward
05-03-2006, 06:23 PM
They're trying to sell you their barrel kits, the first several inches do make an impact on accuracy, but only for a paint to barrel match, Read up at www.ottersccustoms.com He's got info telling why those barrels will help you but also explains why 12-14" is the optimal length of barrel.

Edit: http://www.ottersccustoms.com/barrels.html
Thats the barrel FAQ, and explains everything you want to know.

yamaha cow
05-04-2006, 02:09 PM
yes i know i would never buy a 16 inch barrel it is farrly useless but i like barrel kits because i dont have to worry about what kind of paintballs i buy.

lilc
05-04-2006, 08:07 PM
May I just interject that an expansion chamber is useless when using an HPA tank. It's only function is to give C02 time to expand before it gets to the valve. They are also useless if you're not using C02 in cold weather. So......if you're not using C02 or not using the C02 in cold weather, there's no rational reason to add/purchase an expansion chamber to your MR1 -
I just got the EC because I was looking for a cheap gas-thru grip and it fit the bill. Since I first changed my setup from stock I found out 1) the stock bottom line and ASA can be fit to an ESP frame with only a $15 bottom line adapetr and 2) a Pro-Team Intruder foregrip puts the tank in a really good position off the vertical adapter for Dagger-style "front" play and allows you to completely delete any hose/macroline, drop, and ASA.

A 4" barrel will make your marker extremely inefficient due to the fact that the ball doesn't have time enough to reach its full velocity potential in a barrel that short. This can only be resolved by using more pressure to push the ball quicker to reach that velocity. Did I mention very loud and inaccurate as well? -
I carry more air in a 70/4500 tank than I need for the paint I pack during a typical short game, so gas efficiency is a rather secondary consideration for me. So too is loudness. Unlike a woodball sniper who reconceals after a one- or two-shot ambush over and over, a Dagger player is usually using stealth only to outflank his enemy; once he opens up, he's going to be shooting until either he or the op-for gets eliminated. As for accuracy, while diminished it is sufficient to the task for the ranges at which I like to engage. What I get from a short barrel is good gun handling in tight quarters. I can hunker down behind the smallest cover, run unembumbered, squeeze through tight spaces, and bring my gun to bear quickly over and around my bunker for lightning snapshots. Loud schmoud. If I could use a 3" barrel (like on my Tippy) I would... :p
http://www.pbase.com/chrisbynum/image/58950141.jpg

yamaha cow
05-05-2006, 02:17 PM
what is between your foregrip and the gun?

yamaha cow
05-05-2006, 02:18 PM
how do you connect that size forgrip into taht small hole
and i am not trying to be funny :D

lilc
05-05-2006, 07:08 PM
how do you connect that size forgrip into taht small hole
and i am not trying to be funny :D

It's a Northwest Spyder vertical adapter that takes the standard threaded fitting and adapts it to an ASA. Lapco makes a similar product, and both have a curved upper recepticle that matches the contour of the lower part of the Spyder receiver. I think the NW is prettier, but the Lapco is easier to keep tight w/o Loc-Tite.

yamaha cow
05-06-2006, 11:06 AM
do u have a link to 1 of those sites i cant find either of them.

lilc
05-09-2006, 04:30 PM
do u have a link to 1 of those sites i cant find either of them.
http://www.lapcodirect.com/

yamaha cow
05-09-2006, 05:11 PM
ok i have found it