PDA

View Full Version : why did my marker go from 380-240 ?

cortez
04-25-2006, 04:27 AM
Hi I just bought a marker it's a Spyder Image. Well I've had it for 2 months now , and played 4 times all day of course . Well the issue i am having is the speed dropped from 380-240 , and it wont go any higher does any one have an idea why? . The times I took the marker to the park it was adjusted from 380-280 which is required. This last time i went to the park the speed was at 240 , but even after adjusting it was still the same? Help ... :confused:

druid
04-25-2006, 05:14 AM
if you ever shot me with a marker chronoed at 380...I'd beat you with a brick and laugh while you bleed.

Goggles are only industry-rated and guaranteed to 300 fps. You are unsafe and bragging about it (in your own twisted, little way). It's people like you that ruin it for the rest of us.

cortez
04-25-2006, 06:14 AM
Let specify the question so you can understand it. When I bought the marker it would shoot at 380. I adjust the marker to 270-80 as required , but now it's only shooting at 240, if not less . Do you get the question now?? or should i make more simple ?. one more thing , if was to shoot you at 380 , and you came after me be sure I would keep shootting at you lolof . :D

bamf-hacker
04-25-2006, 06:39 AM
OK please don't flame, this is not PBNation!!! Druid was just concerned. There are a lot of people that do not chrono their equipment and shoot very hot markers. And that is just stupid and dangerous. After reading your post I also thought you were shooting 380...

Now to answer your question. Check your springs. The spring loses tension and lowers velocity over time. Get a new spring or a kit and give it a try. Springs are cheap, you can get a kit for about 10 bucks. Weather also effects springs since they are metal, so a kit would allow you to change springs at the field if you are having velocity issues.

HacKeR

druid
04-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Well, that's not how you presented it initially. If there's one thing Mr. Bauman ever taught me in Jr High (21 years ago) was "Say what you mean, and mean what you say." Your second post...is what you should have posted in the first place...
...and don't prseume to think you can play me...it'll never happen. I can outsmart you in my sleep. I've fixed more problems in my paintballing past than you've even encountered...which is obvious because you don't even know that atmospheric conditions, as well as shoot-down, CO2/HPA instabilities, paint to bore match, springs losing tension and simple lack of lubricants can change a marker from hour to hour...let alone from game to game with a fair amount of time between...the reasons that force us to chrono before each game.
Now...are you done? Do you understand my answers to your question now? or should I make that more simple?

WhatThaSmurf
04-25-2006, 01:49 PM
yea, um, wow. that frightened me....
i think you may have over reacted a bit there druid, it seemed to me like he was just playing

DRAGON
04-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Not exactly a very nice projection of the forums to a brand new members first post. I will try to give you a more rational account. I'd guess that you prolly leave your marker cocked when you store it. This will weaken the spring and in time, lower the velocity. If so, don't do that. You can either stretch the spring a little to revive it's resilience or just install another heavy spring from a Spyder spring kit. You need to clean and oil your marker after play as well. If you don't, dry o-rings will have an affect on the velocity -

Welcome to the forums......... ;)

druid
04-25-2006, 07:50 PM
as I said...his initial post was presented wrong. Had he written it as he did in the second post, this wouldn't have happened.

Cortez. My apoligies for jumping to conclusions but you must admit (and since I wasn't the only one to think it), your first post was written improperly. I'll be the bigger man to call a 'truce'...if you agree to try use better judgement and explain in greater detail - the things you type.
Truce?

cortez
04-26-2006, 12:08 AM
My friend don't worry about it . I am not like our past bush father , and now son . I can tell you that you going zarqawi on me didn't bother me one bit. truce! well yeah i should of been more specific the first time , so my apology for that . Dragon what you said it's exactly what my kids , and i have been doing . We leave the markers that way without cleaning them . I have been more serious about cleaning them since I am now really getting deep in to the sport. I can tell you that I do thank you guys for the help you have provided .

druid
04-26-2006, 01:13 AM
:shakeshands:

bamf-hacker
04-26-2006, 04:43 AM
cortez,

here is a link to the Spring Kit. Spring Kit (http://www.pevs.com/detail.asp?pid=126207)

I would go this route so you have the different tension springs for variations in weather etc.

and here is a link to the PB Bible with some easy cleaning and maintenance instructions. PB Bible (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/upkeep.html)

let us know if you have any other questions.

HacKeR

cortez
04-27-2006, 03:29 AM
Great thanks for the help . I'm going to the park this weekend , so I will be trying the new springs. I will let you guys know , if anything else comes up , but in the mean time you guys have been great help. :D :peace:

bamf-hacker
04-27-2006, 05:01 AM
No problem... clean them up, try the springs and get back to us if you still need help, or if any other questions come up..

Enjoy the games this weekend!

HacKeR

cortez
05-03-2006, 06:24 AM
Hey guys thanks for the help my marker is back to normal. it's great to have my paintball actually hit some one instead of dropping on floor lolof. OOh! well my game was great we had a lot of fun thanks again . by the way where can I watch some match videos?:rolleyes:

bamf-hacker
05-03-2006, 06:39 AM
gald it all worked out for you.

Here are 2 sites that have PB videos.

Darkside Video (http://www.darksidevideo.org)
PB Vids (http://www.pbvids.com)

HacKeR