PDA

View Full Version : True Response Trigger Mod...

OtterSC
12-31-2005, 02:12 AM
OK guys, I moded my trigger frame last night and put a switch on it tonight and took some pics. I went to Radio Shack and got a small on/off switch(slide switch - #275-409). It's a small 3 prong dual switch which will serve my single needs. I used some wire from an old telephone cord. It's perfect because it's a very small gauge wire and it fit in the small holes for the connectors of the switch. I got lazy and just used the cutout window for the ESP e-frame rather than cut a small hole in the solid one for the slide switch. I use a Hogue grip sleeve that covers this area so I'm not concerned about paint getting in the switch. I'm going to make this as simple as possible and try not to drag it out too much. Alright....here we go:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pda574c54b960205bf656d0911580312f/fc26bddb.jpg

First I removed the trigger frame, then the grip. I started to scribe the locations for the holes but decided it would be easier to just tape the switch on the window to hold it in place while I drilled it. It was somewhat difficult getting it in the right spot because the holes were very close to the edge of the cutout in the plastic window. It would have been much easier to position and drill them if I used the solid window but everything worked out.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pacee28b24d3eb9861ade26eb51524bdb/fc26be18.jpg

I'm a fastener ho so I save about every screw, nut and bolt that almost gets thrown away in my house so I went through the abundance if extra's and found two small screws that would hold the switch in place. After drilling the two 5/16" holes I screwed the two screws in the holes to tap them before installing the switch.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p50bff008902d87a4fd2bd13c2ad08698/fc26bdc4.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p797578f0db0a6eef12af92c642800ef1/fc26bd9c.jpg

After installing the switch the screws were a bit long so I cut them off with a Dremel and cutting disk. I had to have a small rag w/water on it to cool it down so it wouldn't melt the plastic too much when doing this....it got very hot and I had to do it slowly. You could just use a file if you don't have a Dremel to do this if needed. After this I filed the rough edges off the ends of the screws and inserted the window in the grip.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p04d0cd9d666a27d4320643aa30524f85/fc26bd79.jpg

Next I made two wires 5" long and stripped 3/4" off of both ends of each and twisted the ends so they would fit through the very small holes of the switch connectors. I actually opened the holes a little turning my ex-acto #11 blade point in them. I then put the black wire through the hole in the top prong of the micro-switch and twisted it on. It was somewhat difficult because of the limited space to work in. then I twisted the red wire around the center prong of the micro-switch. I used a pair of needle nose pliers to help get it as tight as possible so there would be a decent connection. It would have been easier to solder them on but I didn't want it to be a perminent connection on either end in case I wanted to remove it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p93fbc8d426a032c5e235b1b8f466038e/fc26bd35.jpg

Before connecting the other ends I removed the battery. Next I twisted the black wire to the outside prong on the switch that was already in the window and grip. Then twisted the red wire to the center prong on the switch. After that I put some cloth electrical tape over the ends because they were very close and didn't want them to touch and short the connection out. Next I put a couple of pieces of electrical tape 1/3rd of the length of the wires to hold them together.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p0f1bdace1915db68a51f619f065f0eea/fc26bd10.jpg

After that I organized the wires in the frame, put the battery back in and tested it. Then I carefully put the grip back on the trigger frame. I actually did a lot of planning before I started this because you need to put the switch in just the right place or it's not going to fit. The spot that I put it was the only possible place that I could put that particular switch. There are prolly all kinds of different deviations of this as far as switches, ect but I wasn't going to run around too much looking for parts and what not. I think the worse part of the whole thing was putting the grip sleeve back on but hopefully I won't need to do that for a while. I can just curl back the sleeve to access the switch.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p95829184e2cfea455026d24b49469a91/fc26bcae.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p872a0e17675015b467e2196998e16f8a/fc26bc83.jpg

It sounds pretty good testing it and I'll run some paint through it some time today for the final test. It seems very easy to max the rof out just clicking it and prolly will take a little time getting used to it.

Originator of article - DRAGON

*Just a warning. Any attempts to modify any marker in any fashion will void warranty. Liability of personal injury and property damage is not the mistake of the originator of articles.

covert24
01-22-2006, 07:37 AM
now wut exactly does this switch able you to do??

phatphil
01-22-2006, 08:38 AM
now wut exactly does this switch able you to do??
Did you not even read the title? It lets you be able to shoot RT, one shot on the pull and one on the release.

covert24
01-22-2006, 08:41 AM
oh sry i just didint see how a switch would allow you to shoot rt but now i got it. sry bout that.

vikingshadow
01-22-2006, 09:31 AM
I did this mod on my spyder about 2 years ago....it's an awesome way to waste, erhm, spray, erhm, acheive higher rates of fire! Definitely NOT tourney legal unless you can keep the switch inside the frame and not accessible from the outside.

But this is an AWESOME mod to your spyder ESP frame.

covert24
01-22-2006, 09:35 AM
u know wut would even be better?? if u instead of using a seperate switch u could just attach the wires to the on/off switch so u can have the response when u turn on the marker.

vikingshadow
01-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Then you'd never be able to shut it off. Some fields won't allow it and it makes it totally illegal in tournament play.

Ares
01-22-2006, 10:40 AM
did this a while ago too. recently brought out the sonix and used rt mode cuz my fingers were cold and couldnt move fast. was playing woods so it didnt matter what modes we used

geeZus
01-22-2006, 11:28 AM
u know wut would even be better?? if u instead of using a seperate switch u could just attach the wires to the on/off switch so u can have the response when u turn on the marker.
You can already do that, just take a piece of wire and connect the middle and bottom prongs on the microswitch. Just be warned, it will fire when you turn the marker on.

DRAGON
01-23-2006, 11:43 PM
For some odd reason, this is the only forum I have probs with when trying to post pics from imagestation. It is a nice little mod and I don't see any difference as far as wasting paint compared to say ramping and the like. AMOF at least you have some sort of control of shots with this mod but it's just so tempting to rip when it's on. I took mine off quite a while ago because my fingers can easily hit the max rof walking with my trigger setup. Posted this mod up before the micro-switch mod that seems to have disappeared for good with the old forums. Throw a 50 gram in an e-frame and practice a while and you will need no r/t -

FullMetal
01-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Let me get this right, all I have to do is Connect a wire to the top unused prong on my switch, another one to the middle used prong and install a small switch or just connect them together to have a responsive trigger?

DRAGON
01-28-2006, 01:50 PM
You can do either but if you only put a wire to the 2 posts, you have no control of turning it on end off -

bungeye
02-05-2006, 04:49 PM
is it possible go use the switch that chnages the modes of the frame. like u turn the marker on press the button which takes it off safety, push it again which puts it on to 3 burst, again to go 2 6 burst, and again for full auto then press it again to have a response trigger, then again takes u bak 2 semi?

covert24
02-05-2006, 04:50 PM
ud have to reprogram the chip and board. so no u cant.

bigred76
02-06-2006, 10:10 PM
:yeahthat: And to cut you short: don't bother trying. It's a pain to break thru the encription and highly, highly illegal in this country. They might even make an exception and reach across, say, the sea, if someone decides to reprogram their board.

JDubalo7
02-12-2006, 09:14 AM
uf you did this mod with the rocking trigger frame you wont fry the board right? cause my brother inlaw wants to do this mod. i told him it wouldnet but im trying to make shure

vikingshadow
02-12-2006, 09:16 AM
You'd have to do it to BOTH microswitches on the rocking trigger to get both to be response...as far as burning the board out, maybe, but I have no idea.

alk1979
04-01-2006, 05:26 AM
uf you did this mod with the rocking trigger frame you wont fry the board right? cause my brother inlaw wants to do this mod. i told him it wouldnet but im trying to make shure

I soldered a switch up just like explained and I have had no problems so far and I shot about 3 cases with it on.

Maybe I missed this but one thing I want to explain for those that don't know it "I didn't"this actually does create a true response trigger. Just like a tippmann response trigger if you just feather the trigger it will shoot auto with little effort from your fingers. The blowback of a shot will jerk the trigger just right and give you repeated fire with out working your finger on purpose.

Maybe that was obvious to most but I didn't realize it until after I did the mod.

NB_Hacker_NB
04-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Could you Imagine how fast a Response trigger on a R/T would be? N E way, can someone PM me a instruction for retards on how to do this?

DRAGON
04-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Instructions at the beginning of this thread you tard lol - :D

badassser
05-30-2006, 03:44 PM
has anybody ever tried to do this to a pilot? when i conect the top plug of the switch to the middle plug it will fire one time and then the triger does not respond at all. am i doing someting wrong or will it just not work and has anyone found a way to mount a switch with the leds in the way?

DRAGON
05-30-2006, 05:04 PM
You're just not getting a solid connection. You need to either twist the wires tighter or solder them to the switch for a better connection. I would not suggest doing this without an on/off switch -

badassser
05-30-2006, 07:36 PM
i was just riging it with the wire to see if it worked before i went to the trouble of taking the switch out and doing it the right way. what about mounting the extra switch. any ideas on that?

DRAGON
05-30-2006, 07:51 PM
I suppose for mounting the switch you'll just have to be resourceful if your trigger frame is a bit different. This thing was written 2-3 years ago. You do not have to necessarily use the switch I used in this tutorial. Best test tool I've found is a paper clip.

badassser
05-31-2006, 02:45 PM
ok. today i completely tore my gun apart and it definatly dident work. as soon as i touch the top empty prong to the middle prong with the brown wire on it it the solenoid will click once and then the trigger will not respond at all. i realy want this mod to work so any help will be apreciated. o i have a red and black spyder pilot acs.

blackrx1
06-18-2006, 11:16 PM
:yeahthat: And to cut you short: don't bother trying. It's a pain to break thru the encription and highly, highly illegal in this country. They might even make an exception and reach across, say, the sea, if someone decides to reprogram their board.

(highly illegal) say what?????????:confused:

Oscum Guy
10-22-2006, 04:36 PM
what if i did this to my electra? is this possible? would my frame like die from speed er something?

boombadan
02-16-2007, 07:14 PM
hey,
I have a camd 2 frame and want to do the RT mod but is it really worth loseing 3,6,full auto all those features. Idk if id really use those features yet because i just got my gun and its winter and too cold to play. would anyone really suggest it or is it not worth doing. Also later my freind might sell me his pilot board when he gets a T board and would i then be able to switch the board if i wanted to use the features still?help anyone?....
thankks Dan

invisibledrummer
02-16-2007, 07:24 PM
if you dont feel like doing all that work on a marker like the electra with a rocking trigger then all you have to do is put a rubber band on one side of the trigger and when you press the other side down it will shoot and when you release that side the rubber band will pull the other side down and fire another shot. not a true response trigger but its a quick and cost effective mod. just wanted to share that incase noone else thought of it.

Oscum Guy
02-18-2007, 09:50 AM
i tried ist. it doesnt work to well.an easier way is just attach a wire from the top prong to the middle.

invisibledrummer
02-18-2007, 10:42 AM
yeah, doing it electronically is much more reliable. i was just suggesting something people can play around with for a little bit for fun. maybe to help them decide if they should the the true response mod.

Oscum Guy
02-18-2007, 02:17 PM
i tried the rubber band thing and it works really well. also i used a band for trigger return on my spimmy.

Sgtcervantez
03-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Wheres the pics? I need pics. Im trying to do this on my new R/T. Cant get it to work.

DFSniper
03-27-2010, 07:32 PM
his site has been down for a while, so no pics

DRAGON
03-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Wheres the pics? I need pics. Im trying to do this on my new R/T. Cant get it to work.

I typed this mod out originally(look at bottom of first post) on the old KUSA website. After it was haxed Otter reposed it here. My original pics were hosted on another site that since then went down the tubes. I've looked high and low for the pics I took but they're nowhere to be found. They were originally stored on a floppy. They were never stored on Otter's website - ;)

DFSniper
03-28-2010, 08:59 AM
i was wrong (for once!)

Sgtcervantez
03-30-2010, 09:05 PM
So it can work on my RT with the rocking trigger? I was also thinking about installing lighter switches.... Is that possible on the spydet RT?