PDA

View Full Version : Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation

Icedveins
04-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Of all the many years I've been working on imports I've never came across this problem! I was hoping someone here might have some ideas!

Alrighty, so I started her up this morning to move her up the drive way for a washing. Low and behold the CEL come on..darnit. Anyway, I check it and it turns out to be "54" which is Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation. I have NO idea what this is. Any ideas?

Baller-59
04-23-2006, 07:12 PM
try the auto forum in small talk at www.pbnation.com . or if you don't want to venture into there shoot me a PM and I'll do it for you.

Icedveins
04-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Must have just been a loose sensor after installing the new manifold. I pushed down on all the sensors I could find and it's off now yay!

DRAGON
04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Since all of the rods attached to the pistons are directly connected to the crankshaft, Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation is just a slower and faster fluxuation in the rpm rotation of the crankshaft. Simply put, it seems the sensor sensed that the engine idle speed was going slower and faster and may have been due to something in the vicinity of the crankshaft. Don't know what that has to do with the installation of an intake manifold. Ya got me there -

Icedveins
04-24-2006, 04:03 AM
Since all of the rods attached to the pistons are directly connected to the crankshaft, Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation is just a slower and faster fluxuation in the rpm rotation of the crankshaft. Simply put, it seems the sensor sensed that the engine idle speed was going slower and faster and may have been due to something in the vicinity of the crankshaft. Don't know what that has to do with the installation of an intake manifold. Ya got me there -

It turned out to be the sensor was knocked loose. The sensor for the crankshaft and the intake manifold are very close to each other. I must have knocked it loose while installing the IM.

crimsonguard
04-24-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm sure you have corrected the problem, but if it comes back, PM me. I have Alldata on hand and may be able to help you out. Code 54, on that integra?!

Icedveins
04-24-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm sure you have corrected the problem, but if it comes back, PM me. I have Alldata on hand and may be able to help you out. Code 54, on that integra?!

Nope, the Integra is doing good :) Working on the Civic now.