PDA

View Full Version : sponsership

Hossy
04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
how did ur team get sponsered?

any tips or anything or where to go for a place that should sponser you?

what do u expect outa a sponser?

druid
04-24-2006, 12:47 AM
CLICK ME AND READ DOWN THE LEFT SIDE (http://warpig.com/paintball/newbie/newbie.shtml)

vikingshadow
04-24-2006, 04:05 AM
I asked, sent emails, called them on the phone and got rejected a few times - but keep trying. You have to take the first step because they won't come to you.

thechubbss12
04-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Umm first sponsorships usualy come from local fields.... Get a team together and do good in some torneys then ask the field for a sponsorship. After that follow vikes suggestions =).

colonel_moo
04-24-2006, 05:05 PM
you have to get a pretty good team resume before you get any sponsorship deals.

if you win a few local tournies and establish your team name, a local field might sponsor you. my team got pretty lucky, cause our sponsor was a field that just opened. we went there almost every day they they were open, and just dominated everyone. we also asked for jobs there all the time, and they finally decided to sponsor us in return for working as refs there.

for a first sponsor, dont expect much. if its a field, probably only paid entry to tournies or something like that. if its a company (i know redz sponsors alot of local teams) expect a few minor discounts in the beginning.

timbertiger20
04-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Well our team has been around a year now and we have landed over a dozen sponsorships. But let me tell you why. First off you need to have a team worthy of being sponsored, meaning you make the company look good. Also when your looking for a sponsorship, ask yourself why do I want this sponsorship? Here is the big one.......put yourself in their shoes and ask what your going to do for them? All of our sponsors are on a large team banner that is displayed at our events, they are on bumber stickers, our website, we use their products, and we don't at any point make ourselves or our team look bad. The only one of our sponsors that we haven't written into to land a sponsorship was SpecOpsPaintball and we have played with the guys who run the place many times. When they ask us to come play with them we're there. We also buy and use alot of their gear. Any month our team may drop $1000.00 on equipment. They told our Captain over the phone that we were really what they were looking for because of the teams that are sponsored our team used more gear than the rest combined. So consider this.....How bad do you want this sponsor and what are they gaining. Also pick the person with the best Spelling, Punctuation, and Grammer, because they won't look at it twice if it's not professional!