PDA

View Full Version : Learners test tuesday

xtraking
04-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Okay guys, im 15 and 9 months tuesday the 25th, so i can test for my learners (MD). Im sort of nervous, ive read the manual and have taken a few practice tests. Does anybody know of any practice learners test online?

Thanks,
Dave

claustrophobia9
04-23-2006, 06:51 PM
you are over preparing... basically if youve ever been in a car on a road you'll pass unless you are totally stoned or stupid or both. sample question "at a red octogon-shaped sign that reads "stop" you should: a.) stop b.) go c.) laugh menically d.) smash an egg on your head.

in ohio you need 38/50 to pass and can skip those you dont know (its on a computer) then if you get 38 without answering the toughies (very easy, it comes with pictures) then you dont have to guess and it marks you with 100%. very basic, there is zero reason to worry.

colonel_moo
04-24-2006, 11:02 AM
in mass, all you have to do is pass 14 out of 20 and they hand you a permit. you can also skip the ones you dont know and go back to them like claus said. also, once you get 14 right you can stop (actually, it forces you to stop). needless to say i only did the first 14 questions.

its pretty much the easiest thing you will ever have to do. it stresses you mentally less than watching TV or reading this forum.

emf7301
04-24-2006, 01:04 PM
yea, don't flip out. it's a piece of cake. too easy in my opinion. some people just NEED to either have their license taken away or be beaten with a stick until they are unable to drive. I'm still trying to decide if my 15 yr old bro is one of them :D. you can have your opinion but some people just flat out can't drive worth crap.

Main point: relax, stay s-ober (stupid cuss preventative thinks i'm evil), you'll have your learners in no time.

ooglieboogliebob
04-24-2006, 01:41 PM
yep, the test is super easy ... and you'll know if you passed or failed .. since it's on OLD computers ... i hate em ... you can't go back either so if you don't feel like answering the tough ones you might be able to just guess :)

claustrophobia9
04-24-2006, 03:02 PM
yep, the test is super easy ... and you'll know if you passed or failed .. since it's on OLD computers ... i hate em ... you can't go back either so if you don't feel like answering the tough ones you might be able to just guess :)
mine let you put answers in the go on (leaving your answer checked, but not submitted, or you could "answer" and it would instantly tell you if it was right or wrong. if you did the first you could go back.

vikingshadow
04-24-2006, 03:22 PM
I remember the ONE question I missed on my license test.

"When approaching an intersection and the light turns yellow, what should you do?"

I chose "Slow down and proceed with caution" because as any driver knows, that's what you do (actually, depending on the distance from the light, it could be speed up!)

The correct answer was "Stop, then proceed with caution." Bunch of Bullmalarky! Wow, that was like 24 years ago and I still remember it like yesterday.....

Don't sweat it. It's the easiest test you'll ever take. Especially if you took Driver's ed....

Besides, look at some of the Yahoo's that are driving out there right now. Puh-leeze! Anyone could pass that test!

claustrophobia9
04-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I chose "Slow down and proceed with caution" because as any driver knows, that's what you do (actually, depending on the distance from the light, it could be speed up!)
technically driving schools say only speed up if you will be unable to stop behind the line at your current speed and you wont make it before it is red, and you end up speeding, which is a rare ocassion, but if on the actual drivers test, if you speed up you will fail instantly for reckless action, ive had 3 friends do it.

vikingshadow
04-24-2006, 03:46 PM
I was actually talking about practical driving, not actual "testing". In real life, people do and will speed up at a yellow light, even though it is a tad illegal (if you catch the red as you go through or end up speeding.) Trust me, been driving many, many, MANY years....

marvin-martian
04-24-2006, 04:13 PM
i speed up at yellows if i feel i cant make it too.

MatthewTheTheif
04-24-2006, 04:26 PM
in fla, your supposed to stop if you can, if not, just keep going, if the light turns red while your past the white line, your ok

you just have to remember which lights stay yellow for 3 seconds and which ones stay for 6

if you have the little book that your supposed to read over, there might be some sample questions in the back, just take a look at those

claustrophobia9
04-24-2006, 04:37 PM
type "____your state____ department (or beauro wtf... how do you spell that!) of of motor vehicles practice test" and youll probibly get something. the only one i got wrong was one about the manditory depth of tire treads.. its like 1/16 of an inch in ohio i think... but who cares. i took a guess cuz i needed 1 more.

Sandman_Bravo
04-24-2006, 05:14 PM
I took my test on a late 70's silverado p/u standard shift in Louisiana, what a pain to parallel park! Relax, it's no big thing- you'll do fine.

xtraking
04-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys, tomorrow morning is when i take it. Im nto going to lie, im still pretty nervous, but i look at it this way, if i fail (which i wont) i can always take it later.
Wish me luck!!
Dave

DFSniper
04-25-2006, 11:51 AM
in fla, your supposed to stop if you can, if not, just keep going, if the light turns red while your past the white line, your ok

same in NC. as long as you dont speed up when its yellow (and you honestly dont think youd be able to stop in time) its ok.

the written test to get my permit was a piece of cake. the driving test in drivers ed scared the crap out of me. i passed it with a 70 (lowest passing score possible) and then i moved 5 months later, so i havent driven since... another thing i hated about the DMV was that they made me get glasses because my right eye is really bad... and now my parents spent $200 on a pair of glasses that i only use for shooting (and now theyre broken...:dodgy:)

bamf-hacker
04-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Well how did you do???

HacKeR

xtraking
04-25-2006, 12:00 PM
WOOOT I got a 100% :)

Im going to go drive now with my dad!
Watch all this excitement will stop in a few weeks i bet haha
Dave

DFSniper
04-25-2006, 12:09 PM
lol, im paranoid. driving used to scare the crap out of me (it might have something to do with the fact that i was in a big van with all the little brats. when i went off-roading in teh jeep i was fine!!)

xtraking
04-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Well how did you do???

HacKeR
haha woa you posted as soon as i did.

Dad just got home, so im going, cya guys.
Dave

vikingshadow
04-25-2006, 12:42 PM
I took my test on a late 70's silverado p/u standard shift in Louisiana, what a pain to parallel park! Relax, it's no big thing- you'll do fine.

I took mine in a mid 70's standard Ford Courier - you remember the explosion of miniature trucks at that time? That's what that was! Funny thing was, I practiced driving in my mom's 60's model Chevy Impala and the 70's model Lincoln/Mercury simulated wood panel station wagon deluxe that had a "God is my Co-pilot" license plate on the front. Talk about a difference in driving!

claustrophobia9
04-25-2006, 01:54 PM
we didnt have to parallel park, we had a manuvering course which i swear was like half as big as the one i practiced on

xtraking
04-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Okay guys, first half hour done. Drove at night, on 2 main roads, went up to 55, in a mini van. Pretty fun, but im guessing its going to get very very old haha.

Dave

claustrophobia9
04-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Okay guys, first half hour done. Drove at night, on 2 main roads, went up to 55, in a mini van. Pretty fun, but im guessing its going to get very very old haha.

Dave
we had 50 hours make sure u get it done in a spread out time or ull be doing like 4 hours drives with a parent for a week...

also when i started driving it felt different, like the world moved faster or somthing.

eg: 30mph driving felt like 60mph in passenger
now it feels like 80 driving is 60 passenger... hmm i wonder what that says about me...

xtraking
04-25-2006, 05:01 PM
We have 60 hours :-P 20 at night and 40 during the day. And yeah dont worry already got half hour done of night driving. And yeah it does feel different. I feel like im gonig really fast when im at like 40, then when i got up to 55 with cars coming at me, yeah taht was an experience. Went all good though :thumbup:

Dave

marvin-martian
04-25-2006, 05:09 PM
the VA driving log is super slack. its 40 hours, 10 at night. i only did like 10 hours worth and made up the rest. its not like they can prove you didnt. your parents sign it...

Sandman_Bravo
04-26-2006, 02:14 AM
I remember when I first started driving I couldn't stop fixating on the center line directly in front of the vehicle rather than just relaxing and looking ahead. Funny how the subconscious mind takes over, like; did you ever look for something in your car for a long time while driving- then when you look up at the road you realize you've been driving without really looking.:shocked:

DFSniper
04-26-2006, 12:01 PM
lol, i do that during racing games all the time... its scary, and some i can do semi-conscious cuz i do the same area of the map all the time.

for our permit, we only had to drive for 9 hrs...