View Full Version : Nitro

04-23-2006, 06:25 PM
im looking for a nitro tank, and i dont know what size or any of the letters or symbols mean. i dont play all that much and im joining a team, but i play enough that i should get the Nitro tank

any suggestions on what to buy?
any help on what the sizes mean?

04-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Any tank from Crossfire is a good choice...

The first number (45, 68, 72 etc...) is the size of the tank. So a 68ci tank is 68 Cubic Inches big.

The second number is the psi or pressure the tank can hold. The 3 options are 3000, 4500 and 5000. The higher the PSI the more shots you get per tank fill.

The third thing you will need is if the tank is high or low pressure. There is a regulator on the tank that controls the output and a High Pressure tank will put out about 800psi, a Low Pressure tank will put out about 300psi. I would go with a high pressure tank since most markers, not Angels, will accept a high pressure tank.

There is you info... Please post up if you have more questions.


04-23-2006, 07:37 PM
What size you need really depends on where you play and how efficient your gun is. The most common size is a 68/4500. Works great for mids, not too heavy for fronts, and normally you can get a decent number of shots for a back player. A lot of fronts use a 45/4500 because it's smaller and lets the player get in tighter. Some backs use a larger tank than the 68/4500 because they lay a lot of paint down during each game. I played mid/front and insert most of the time (sometimes having to fill in for the front and sometimes in the back) and my 68/4500 was MORE than enough. I only almost drained it in one game, and I shot A LOT of paint that game as a back player...

I'd say it depends on whether you can get it filled to 4500 psi at your local field. If they only fill to 3000 psi, then 4500 would be a waste of money since there'll be 1500 psi not being used.