PDA

View Full Version : Guys I need your Input

Hoppy11
04-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Ok, some of you may know that I play tennis. Well I don't anymore. Yes, I quit. I went agaisnt my own morals and quit in the middle of the season. I feel absolutely aweful about it because I love playing tennis and I know Im letting the team down.

But here is my reasoning. Now I consider myself quite good. I can hit pretty equally with both our one and two single players. Now I was pulled up as a sophmore to play varsity and I played 4th singles that year. My junior year i started at 2nd doubles and finished playing 1st doubles. Now I came into this year exspecting to be playing 1st or 2nd doubles and I did. Now after the first couple matches our coach moved my partner and I down to 3rd doubles. Now we did get beat out by the current number one doubles team but not by the second doubles team. Now I was not happy but ok with it. Now up untill this week my partner and I have been playing awsome and winning most matches. We had a match on wednesday agaisnt a good team that probably should have beaten us, but we played the best match of our lives and beat them. We have this great momentom, feel great about played, we are psyched up for every match and even practice. Then out of the blue before the match on wednesday, she sits my partner and I. No reason, we did nothing wrong, nothing. At our practice on Friday, she announced the line up for this saterday's tourny. We were not playing again. Her reasoning was shes not sure of the line up yet. WE ARE HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON!!!! She should have the line up done by now. I told her if I was not playing then I will not be going to the tourny 2 hours away just to sit there. We had a very long decusion about it and she basically said that if I don't go then Im off the team.

Now, I didn't go today so I am done. I know you guys don't know all the other little things that also had gone on while I have been on the team but there has been alot of them. But please just make an honest, but yet intelligent responce, I just want to know what you guys think.

*EM1-Master*
04-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Play in a local league... Forget the coach... They make dumb choices... My brother got cut from JV soccer for being slow... He played Classic 1 Select soccer for 2 years... He quit for about 2 months because of injury, but then decided to jump in on tryouts after the first cuts had been made. The coach let him in, but yeah... My brother is FAST... The coach cut him LAST, because he was "slow"... Even 2 months out of shape, he could run a 6:30-ish mile... Long story short, coaches SUCK... They're retarded... Screw them... lol If you totally quit tennis though, you'll regret it....

maximus100389
04-22-2006, 06:33 PM
yeah keep playing in other leagues. i've had bad coaches and its a hard decission to make to quit their team even if u like playing. but if ur one of the better players and she makes you sit on the bench after driving 2 hours then you should forget her.

ooglieboogliebob
04-22-2006, 06:56 PM
yep ... evan is right .... i remember baseball season was starting up ... and the coached picked people of ... his choice of just his ... sense of eyes .. whoever "looked" good got on rather than actually thinking it up on performance wise .. and thinking about who would benefit the team ... basically he cut some of the best players ... and now our baseball team is going 1:12 ... only winning one from one of the WORST teams ... and losing ... 12 times ... 18 games for us ... odds are ... we're gonna lose the rest of them ...

Well .. i'd say ... play somewhere else .. if he doesn't like you for some odd reason .. and you are good ... then try somewhere else ... bound to be somewhere your wanted if your that good ;)

durrell
04-22-2006, 08:52 PM
You can't help the fact your coach is a jack a. I agree with everyone else, play it recreationally or in an intrmural-type league..don't quit completely..

claustrophobia9
04-22-2006, 08:59 PM
my friend was always in like some sort of league that was up at our local raquet club, i dont know much about it, thats actually really all that i do know about it. but id say do that.

Moe
04-22-2006, 09:33 PM
of coures, like everyone else has said, you should keep playing somewhere. Definitely not on the team, but somewhere. I did the same thing this year. Last year I was the only junior to start on the varsity volleyball team. This year i just said **** it. THe coach was a ***** and I didnt want to deal with it. SO, i know how you feel. I feel great now. I know it was a good decision, and i hope everything goes well.

DFSniper
04-23-2006, 11:31 AM
everything you said makes sense. if youre good but they dont want to use you, then they think they dont need you. and it wouldnt make sense to go and not play.