PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get my LP right

crimsonguard
04-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Hey people. I have been trying to lower the velocity on my TLX. I posted my TLX build a while ago... http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2564&page=2 Today I went out to the local PB shop. I picked up a 32 degrees spring kit and a 100 pod of reballs. I grabbed the reballs cause I've almost got my T-board settings perfect, but I still bounce once and a while. I got tired off cleaning up busted paint. :rolleyes:

So my plan was to buy the spring kit and use the heavy valve spring to bring my FPS down. Well, the stong spring in the kit is no where near as strong as the stock spring. I played around with many combo's of springs but couldn't get anything better than the stock valve/light main setup. This makes for 265-270FPS @ 285PSI. Is it possible to get lower velocity?! I can't lower my pressure any or it will burp.

The only thing I can think of is cutting and strectching the light main spring little by little. Anyone have other suggestions??

NitroBall
04-22-2006, 06:15 PM
have you tried restricting a bit of the air flow, by using the stock valve pin into the NDZ HP valve ?
you may need to up the PSI a little for recocking , but may get your velocity down to 250fps from 265-270.
or even use the stock valve for indoors, and swap it out for the NDZ valve for when plaing out doors ?

i have found by stretching springs, sooner or later they settle back to its original length.

crimsonguard
04-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Hmm.. I thought of putting in the stock valve and see what pressure I could get it down to. Not so sure I wanna go that route, cause then I gotta find a another spring combo all over again. Maybe I went overboard with my build? It flows so much, but when pressure is dropped below 270psi with any spring combo it just burps..... Gotta get more air.

DRAGON
04-22-2006, 08:32 PM
have you tried restricting a bit of the air flow, by using the stock valve pin into the NDZ HP valve ?...........

Exactly what I would suggest -

thechubbss12
04-23-2006, 03:17 AM
lol
just slap a stock unpolished striker in there..... Im almost defninate it should drop it 25 FPS

crimsonguard
04-23-2006, 07:30 AM
I am currently using a stock unpolished striker.... may have to swap the valve. Not sure if I'm goin out to get air today. Many others using unmodded stock valve in LP setup? I may try a cut spring first. I bought the valve for LP but if it just flows too much and stock works fine in the 300psi range, I will probably sell it.

crimsonguard
04-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Managed to get some air and give it another try. Cut the spring in incremnts of two rings at a time. Got down to 225FPS, but began to have recocking issues. I got the spring too short. Was so awesome to shoot though, there was NO kick what so ever. This would have worked though. I will try another cut light spring and if that dont work, the valve is coming back out. My pocket chrony does BPS and I have seen 16BPS with the T-board all set. Stock chip, no eyes. Be difficult to get faster without ramping I think.

crimsonguard
04-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I wondered if I had made an error somewhere. Tried the maddman light main again.... 275FPS. I thought maybe if I cut the other spring too short it may not open the valve enough to return the striker. So I put the cut 32* spring back in and wound in the velocity adjuster. Hits at 245FPS. I was able to get it too 225FPS which is perfect... with no recocking issues. All I gotta do is put the maddman spring in and I got it back to 275FPS. Final operating pressure so far is 285psi. Thats seems to be the sweetspot. Done. :D :D

electraballr
04-30-2006, 08:44 AM
mod your valve and get a reg