PDA

View Full Version : New toy!

Recon by Fire
04-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Look what I have on its way to me:
http://nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/045109000/45109336/pix827123532.jpg
Arsenal AK-47 SAM-7A1

They are a bit hard to locate due to limited numbers and availability but this one will be mine. CNC milled receiver, built in the US for the Bulgarian army. This is the before pic, an after pic will come after I "fix" it :) Bwhahahha!

druid
04-21-2006, 09:00 PM
very nice :D I have a Romanian and a buddy has a CHICOM :D :D

thechubbss12
04-22-2006, 05:07 AM
Heh Real Steel ehh. good stuff unforunatly since i quit playing airsoft i lost all memory of real steel guns =(. Look awesome though

Hoppy11
04-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Note to self, do not piss off Recon.

durrell
04-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Heh Real Steel ehh. good stuff unforunatly since i quit playing airsoft i lost all memory of real steel guns =(. Look awesome though

You realize that's not airsoft, right?

maximus100389
04-22-2006, 10:36 AM
if it was airsoft it would have a fatty orange plug in the barrel. i heard its a felony to remove that thing since they look so damn real.

DFSniper
04-22-2006, 01:34 PM
You realize that's not airsoft, right?
im pretty sure he does. he's saying that he forgot all the things he knew about real guns when he stopped playing airsoft.

recon, thats nice! my dad wants an AR-15.

druid
04-22-2006, 01:59 PM
ar15...compared to an AK=an expensive paperweight. sand...dust=jammed

AK is the workhorse...that's why our troops in Iraq dropped their issue and used the AK/SKS's

Recon by Fire
04-22-2006, 08:27 PM
In a long range firefight, the AR wins over the AK. Short range however the AK has the power advantage. AR's do work in the dusty environment in "the box" but they do require cleaning (who would have thought). The AK is a bit more forgiving as far as cleanliness because it is not built with the same tolerences.

I went with the AK because I can always play with issued M4's that are Class 3 for free. Why buy one? :) Plus they cost more for a quality build.

thechubbss12
04-23-2006, 03:23 AM
The question is were do you guys get these?..... and how much did it cost

DFSniper
04-23-2006, 11:29 AM
you can get them from most gun catalogs, but usually they only sell to military and law enforcement.

Recon by Fire
04-23-2006, 04:38 PM
You can buy them from any gun dealer, barring locals laws that would prohibit such. No need to be military or law enforcement. You wnat a suppressd full aoto one? That too can be obtained by most citizens.

DRAGON
04-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Another advantage of the AR is the ammo is lighter therefore the operator can carry more rounds easier. The Balkans turned out some quality AK's. It's the Chinese ones you have to look out for though they are dirt cheap.

http://www.ak-47.us/pic/SVD/svd_poster.gif

Dragunov.....by far my favorite AK style milrif. Dragunov for teh DRAGON lol -

maximus100389
04-23-2006, 06:14 PM
You can buy them from any gun dealer, barring locals laws that would prohibit such. No need to be military or law enforcement. You wnat a suppressd full aoto one? That too can be obtained by most citizens.

then again, you live in texas which if i'm not mistaken has lighter restrictions on guns than most other states.

Angel69
04-23-2006, 06:32 PM
i love real guns! i own 23 (about $25,000 worth :o ) my favorite is my russian mosin nagant, actually used in world war 2...when i got it there were notches on the stock...( my guess is the number of nazis the sniper shot) i love it. goood luck with urs, my friend in iraq says thsoe go for about 12 dollars in some places there. and in lands with civil wars lol....how much did u pay!!!

Recon by Fire
04-23-2006, 11:21 PM
The SAM-7A1 was $750 not including the fees and shipping.
Below MSRP and much lower what i've seen some other actually going for.

I added a bit more to my order tonight: new pistol grip; vertical foregrip; top and bottom handguards with rails; 6 Bulgarian 30 round waffle magazines; Bulgarian bayonet; 2 cases of ammo courtesy of the Tula ammunition factory in Russia.

I will throw a red dot or EOTech I have on it for now.

Nicholas Cage and I are going to the range later...hmm....75 or 100 round drum mag too? LOL

...and i'm deducting it on my taxes!

druid
04-24-2006, 01:10 AM
In a long range firefight, the AR wins over the AK.
Okay...I'll sort of give you that. The AR is more accurate but the AR's .22 bullet peters out at around 900 meters though and the AK's .30 (7.62) bullet will still kill at 1100 meters (provided you actually hit the target...you know...that "6x6-foot area" thinggy)
Short range however the AK has the power advantage. AR's do work in the dusty environment in "the box" but they do require cleaning (who would have thought). The AK is a bit more forgiving as far as cleanliness because it is not built with the same tolerences.
I cleaned my gun when I first got it...tons of Cosmoline, ya know. Right now, I have 9,400 rounds through my AK...with Tula Arsenal ammo...without having cleaned it since. It is dirty...downright nasty, actually...and I have NOT experienced a stoppage yet. NEVER. Tell me that there's an AR anywhere on this planet that can beat this so far and I'll eat a 75 round drum right now. Now...we both know better, don't we? LOL....
I went with the AK because I can always play with issued M4's that are Class 3 for free. Why buy one? :) Plus they cost more for a quality build.

not trying to argue with you at all, really. Both firearms are good for their intended purposes. And Dragon's right, you can carry more .223's than 7.62x39's because of size and weight (Gotta love the Beta Drum :D and gotta hate steel casings :dodgy: )

My issue is simple. For a battle rifle(IMO), it must operate under the most harsh conditions imaginable. The AR is lacking in that respect because of it's tighter tolerances. It's true that it's more accurate, I cannot deny that...but that .22 bouncing around vs the stopping power of the 7.62 is unimpeachable (unlike Clinton:D ) and the fact that I have almost 10,000 rounds and it's still runnning smoothe...has to say something for it.

EDIT: Plus...the AK sounds better :D

Recon by Fire
04-24-2006, 07:53 PM
...and the AK is cooler when I hang out with me hip hop bros in case anyone diss' me! LOL

Just because you cn bathe that AK in mud doesn't mean you should, clean that rifle sometime Druid! :) Hey, are you using a drum on yours? If so, what kind and capacity and any troubles with it?

Recon by Fire
04-24-2006, 07:55 PM
I do like the Draganovs and even just the Dragonov style stocks on AK/SKS.

electraballr
04-26-2006, 03:35 PM
lol nice im liking it

Recon by Fire
04-26-2006, 04:54 PM
"You won't wipe this off, Comrade!"

LOL

PBRC714
04-26-2006, 09:29 PM
nice!! to bad you can't own one where i live :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

when i finally get Kommiefornia i'm going to buy me some new m1a and mini 14 mags (dang ban...)
http://www.floridasportsman.com/art/auto.gif:D