PDA

View Full Version : t board

ethan82000
04-20-2006, 08:21 PM
i hate otters eye template for timmy eye covers!!! it made it to where my eyes were way to low and wont read that that there is a paintball in the breech.
does anyone know a website for me to buy a cheap new spyder body??
ethan

Hob Hayward
04-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Try getting one used, could probably get one for say 20$ in the trade forum here. An option is to plug the holes with this epoxy called JB weld, around 5 or 6$ for a thing of it. Stuff is insanely strong. I had the same prob, where my brothers eyes were in the wrong location, jb welded twice ( :( ) to get it workin right...

ethan82000
04-20-2006, 08:28 PM
lol you had to do it twice??? well ill think about that option. thanks for the advice.

druid
04-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Hob, I had the exact same problem...template was wrong for the Esprit but mine were not straight accross from each other...they were off like 1/2mm front-to-back. I used JBWeld to fix it and this is how I did it:

Materials needed
* Pack JB Weld
* Toothpics
* Electrical tape
* Long, slender balloon
* Air canister used for blowing dust out of computers

Take Electrical tape and cover the eye holes on the inside of the breech. Take the balloon and insert it into the breech. Inflate it with the air canister and tie it off. Make sure the balloon is pressing against the tape pretty hard and that it's covering the holes. Mix a small amount of Weld and using the toothpick, feed it into the holes. Make sure it gets to the tape and lays evenly in the hole. Let cure for 5 days. Flip the marker over and do the second hole. Let it cure for 5 days too. remove the balloon and tape from breech and ensure that it hasn't seeped into the breech. Redrill your eyes. Start with the smallest diameter bit you can find...to the one that fits the LED eye.

Timmy eye covers should cover it so no one but you (or future buyer?) will know.

Hob Hayward
04-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Yeah, my brother was acctually using a mongoose, so we didn't use the template very much,tried lining it up with the detent, but it came out too far forwards, next time too far back, right now it works, but the holes are acctually diagonal... the template holes were the perfect height, just in the wrong spot...

bamf-hacker
04-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Hob, I had the exact same problem...template was wrong for the Esprit but mine were not straight accross from each other...they were off like 1/2mm front-to-back. I used JBWeld to fix it and this is how I did it:

Materials needed
* Pack JB Weld
* Toothpics
* Electrical tape
* Long, slender balloon
* Air canister used for blowing dust out of computers

Take Electrical tape and cover the eye holes on the inside of the breech. Take the balloon and insert it into the breech. Inflate it with the air canister and tie it off. Make sure the balloon is pressing against the tape pretty hard and that it's covering the holes. Mix a small amount of Weld and using the toothpick, feed it into the holes. Make sure it gets to the tape and lays evenly in the hole. Let cure for 5 days. Flip the marker over and do the second hole. Let it cure for 5 days too. remove the balloon and tape from breech and ensure that it hasn't seeped into the breech. Redrill your eyes. Start with the smallest diameter bit you can find...to the one that fits the LED eye.

Timmy eye covers should cover it so no one but you (or future buyer?) will know.

Once again.... Druid comes through with an awesome tip...

I vote for a new section here on SOC...

Druid's Tips, and of course the first sticky in his section would read..... "SEARCH FIRST"

HacKeR

ethan82000
04-21-2006, 08:06 AM
well guys thanks for the advice

adrianm1188
04-21-2006, 10:39 AM
you can buy my body with eye holes and dual detent holes and eye cover screws already on it.

Check out my thread in sales corner.

But, i'd try the JB weld thing first, might save yourself a couple of bux.