PDA

View Full Version : mr owners please look here

SundragonPPS
04-19-2006, 05:30 PM
i will be posting this in both mr sections since this research relates to both markers. if the mods think it's inappropriate please close one but link them together somehow if you can even do that ha ha. thanks

just wondering how much you dislike the existing feedneck on the new mr's from kingman? i plan to get one of these in the very near future myself. the ones i have seen with the plastic elbow look a bit high and awkward. somewhat similar to the spyder's with plastic adapters for the vert feeds. the ccm lowrise feedneck on my imagine has made a big difference in the profile of my gin and totally keeps the hopper from moving in the least bit.

would there be any interest in a quality all aluminum feedneck for mr owners that would lower the profile and prevent the hopper from swiveling? since the configuration to mill such a piece would be a bit more difficult, would you be willing to pay a bit more than the ones offered for the vert feed spyder's?

another thing; since there are very little aftermarket parts available for the mr series spyder's, what types of add-ons would you like to see produced? by add-ons i mean improvement/functional ups and ups for meerly cosmetic milsim purposes.

thanks in advance for any feedback you may provide on this topic.......

new_Faction64
04-19-2006, 06:55 PM
I myself am not very into mil-sim markers...and the whole realistic deal, I'm considering buying the MR1 soon, mainly because it's a great gun from what I hear, AND because it looks like a real gun, but not totally realistic, it's more of a unique gun to me, which appealed me to alot.

Anyway, if I ever get it, I'll make sure to PM or email you about my thoughts, make sure you post this thread on www.specopspaintball.com too, since I think that's a pretty popular woodsball site also.

Voodoo27909
04-20-2006, 09:37 AM
The feed on the MR2 offers just enough room for an Egg to clear the sight rail...so I doubt that you can get any smaller without having the EVO stick out sort of sideways awkwardly...I WOULD like however to see a one piece 45 that would bolt right to the marker..OR..a matt black alum 45 feeder that is identical to the plastic ones, but made of metal that you can clamp to the feed port on the marker (Just like the plastic ones).

G R I P S for the MR2!!! SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE SOME GRIPS TO FIT IT!!..lol

A Mil-Sim barrel shroud would be nice that could be bolted to a J&J for (Like whats on the Sim4 barrels...but not so M14 looking)

A better shoulder stock, solid, and one that drops alittle in the back so that you can sight down the rail while wearing a mask (AK47 style??)

An un-capped electronics board (not neccessary...but would be nice)

AK or M16 style forward grip. Something that looks like it has a purpose other than a place to stick your hand...for both the MR2, and the MR1.

A front sight for the J&J barrel that clamps on (Like the M16 style)

....Should I keep going???? lol

NextoN
04-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Make a new forgrip please. Maybe a new forgrip that you can add some lpc maybe? There are som "protections metal plates" on the side of the MR2 these could you take of and replace with other protection-from-inpact..To make it more solid. It is not an easy thing to do but offcourse it is possible.
And please customise a board so it can use the fast switch modes on the back on the MR2 as "Semi-Auto, Burst, Full-auto". This would be nice. I don't know if beambreak eyes would be neccary now that it comes stock with ACS bolt but that would also be a great upgrade "MR2 T-board/w eyes"

Make a complete feedneck. It would be like that the following elbow that comes with the marker is metal.
Se what you can do with the stock. Try finding a newer switch to the MR. And make a new shroud that anytype of barrel can fit in.

It would be easier for you to buy the marker and then make som upgrades there are alot of upgrades you can do. When I first got my MR2 i thought "Wow kingman must make som upgrades for it". Not that is a bad marker but there are alot of things to do with it. Make it a low pressure would be like a dream. Making a new drop forward to it would not be worth it tho because everybody use a remote :) Hope this gave you a little clue of what upgrades that needs to be done. Sorry for my english heh

SupermanDan
04-20-2006, 06:12 PM
some additions to my post in the MR1 thread like this: several different types of stocks: AK47 style, M16 Style, M4 style, M1A1 style, and(my personal favourite) MP5 style solid and folding, like specialops' sniper fx stock.

new_Faction64
04-20-2006, 07:52 PM
I dunno if it's just me, but you guys seem very demanding lol.

My only wants (I don't have it yet) might be the feedneck idea and that's it.

I see the MR-series as unique, and not intended to be very mil-sim, even though they do resemble a real gun, they don't look totally realistic, and that's why I fell in love w/ them.

BTW, how do you guys even know the switches and boards out now won't work w/ the MR2?

Hob Hayward
04-20-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm pretty sure any spyder board/micro switch would work the same on an mr2.

NextoN
04-21-2006, 04:04 AM
Maybe maybe but if you see on the mr2 diagram it does'nt look like a micro switch it's a new thing from spyder.. It's very light tho.

new_Faction64
04-21-2006, 04:20 AM
Maybe maybe but if you see on the mr2 diagram it does'nt look like a micro switch it's a new thing from spyder.. It's very light tho.

Interesting.

Anyway, this is kinda OT, but I'm really excited to see what comes out for the MR-series in the future, being that it's pretty new, and getting more popular, there should be more stuff coming out for it, after all, it's one of the leading Kingman products being marketed.

Hob Hayward
04-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Well the switch looks different in the diagram, but it appears to be of similar design, and is probably interchangable with other micro switches.

SundragonPPS
04-21-2006, 12:25 PM
thanks all for your comments. i just spent like 20 minutes answering your comments just to lose it all because i did not click the remember me box when i logged in just now. :(

Voodoo27909
04-21-2006, 09:52 PM
...Do take another twenty and re-do it, im curious to hear your comments Sundragon

new_Faction64
04-21-2006, 10:21 PM
...Do take another twenty and re-do it, im curious to hear your comments Sundragon
Likewise, I'd really appreciate it.

SundragonPPS
04-26-2006, 04:57 PM

ok i'll try a short version. that kind of peaved me off. most places when you logon it automatically puts you in the "remember me" mode.

new_Faction64.....that's what's so nice about the mr's, they're not totally milsim decked out like the smart parts milsim. you can either leave it like it is with a few ups or totally deck it.

Voodoo27909....what's so different about the grips? a clue shoulder stock stuff is probably in the making who knows. i'm quite sure all of that barrel stuff is already available. most all barrels on the outside are the same no matter what marker they're for.

NextoN....i'll bet money there's already a board in the making by sd.

SupermanDan......as stated, stocks are inevitable, just wait. ;)

new_Faction64....not really sure about the switches i'm checking on that.

sorry, gotta run again. will be back to complete what i didn't this time. thanks again for your comments.

WhatThaSmurf
04-26-2006, 05:23 PM
I see constant complaints about the detents, although Timmy detents work fine.

SundragonPPS
05-22-2006, 05:11 PM
if i'm not mistaken, the detent concern has been resolved. the ones on the markers i just got in work just fine.

just an update: i have been advised that i will probably have a prototype of the new feedneck sent to me in a couple of weeks. this is per se a joint venture and will actually be produced by another well known company at my request and let's say, persistence. i sent them some designs and will send them a couple more this coming week. whatever is finally produced will be a much better option for mr1 and mr2 owners in my opinion and hopefully yours as well.

Spy-Der
05-23-2006, 08:03 AM
just an update: i have been advised that i will probably have a prototype of the new feedneck sent to me in a couple of weeks. this is per se a joint venture and will actually be produced by another well known company at my request and let's say, persistence. i sent them some designs and will send them a couple more this coming week. whatever is finally produced will be a much better option for mr1 and mr2 owners in my opinion and hopefully yours as well.

SWEET!! I can't wait. Mines already begun to crack. If there's a list, please put me down for one right now. Heck, put me down for 2.

new_Faction64
05-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey, just got an MR2, I like it so far.

I disagree, I think the feedneck appears very strong, even though it's plastic, it's quite tough plastic IMO.

I'd say the only thing that I might want would be a way to attach a SLING (non-intrusive, as in no warrenty-voiding installtions), the MR2 with everything on it is HEAVY

Either that or a lighter trigger.

Hob Hayward
05-23-2006, 02:11 PM
I disagree, I think the feedneck appears very strong, even though it's plastic, it's quite tough plastic IMO.

Either that or a lighter trigger.

The plastic ones seem strong enoug at first, but after a while they just break, and when they do, its just easier to replace with a qaulity feedneck.

As to a lighter trigger, you can already do that, just buy a 50gram microswitch and install it in place of the stock one.

new_Faction64
05-23-2006, 02:44 PM
The plastic ones seem strong enoug at first, but after a while they just break, and when they do, its just easier to replace with a qaulity feedneck.

As to a lighter trigger, you can already do that, just buy a 50gram microswitch and install it in place of the stock one.

That's not possible, I emailed SPPS themsleves and the guy whoever answers the emails, responded saying that almost the entire trigger frame design is different, and that the 50g microswitches won't work, neither will his triggers. So apparently the MR2 needs the new redesigned parts, which no one has yet.

Spy-Der
05-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Yes, the plastic seems strong at first but I've had mine for about a month and its already begun to have stress cracks. Plus Sundraggon said something about a low-rise feedneck, which would also be a vast improvment. My hopper feels like a freaking tower when I put it on my gun.

I think the MR2's trigger is pretty light as it is, I can't complain about it.