PDA

View Full Version : mr owners please look inside

SundragonPPS
04-19-2006, 05:28 PM
i will be posting this in both mr sections since this research relates to both markers. if the mods think it's inappropriate please close one but link them together somehow if you can even do that ha ha. thanks

just wondering how much you dislike the existing feedneck on the new mr's from kingman? i plan to get one of these in the very near future myself. the ones i have seen with the plastic elbow look a bit high and awkward. somewhat similar to the spyder's with plastic adapters for the vert feeds. the ccm lowrise feedneck on my imagine has made a big difference in the profile of my gin and totally keeps the hopper from moving in the least bit.

would there be any interest in a quality all aluminum feedneck for mr owners that would lower the profile and prevent the hopper from swiveling? since the configuration to mill such a piece would be a bit more difficult, would you be willing to pay a bit more than the ones offered for the vert feed spyder's?

another thing; since there are very little aftermarket parts available for the mr series spyder's, what types of add-ons would you like to see produced? by add-ons i mean improvement/functional ups and ups for meerly cosmetic milsim purposes.

thanks in advance for any feedback you may provide on this topic.......

SupermanDan
04-19-2006, 07:37 PM
i think something like the Rufus Dawg centre feed kit for the tippmanns would be nice for speedball setups, and a 45 degree, clamping feedneck to lower the hopper. in my opinion, the most desirable ubgrade for the MR1 would be an anti-chop bolt that allows you to still use the stock, as well as the quick strip cocking knob(which no bolt currently on the market can do). there's lots of things that would be good, and i encourage anyone else to voice their opinion. it's a well made marker, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

lilc
04-20-2006, 08:06 PM
...since there are very little aftermarket parts available for the mr series spyder's, what types of add-ons would you like to see produced? by add-ons i mean improvement/functional ups and ups for meerly cosmetic milsim purposes...

I like the ESP electronic trigger frame mod for the MR1, rounded out with a Delrin blade trigger (Fireball Mountain), a 25-gram switch (Scenario Dreams), and comfy Sticky 3 Grips (Dye). It makes it a whole new gun -- you get modes, plus it walks real fast on semi.

For uprated internals, I like a custom ringless Delrin bolt and lightened striker (Alamo City), an aftermarket valve (not LP though!), and a spring kit (Shocktech). This lets you tune up all the reciprocating parts and help your gun achieve smooth, high cyclic rates reliably.
http://www.pbase.com/chrisbynum/image/58950141.jpg
And don't forget an e-loader! Some people don't like the Halo TSA, but mine works more reliably than my Halo B, and it's rated for 15BPS, a good match for the ESP. And it's cheap ($50-$60)!

SundragonPPS
04-21-2006, 12:00 PM
SupermanDan do you have a link to the Rufus Dawg centre feed kit that you speak of? if i'm not mistaken the mr1 bolts are the same as the older shorty style bolts. there are none of those available in the acs style from kingman. what do tou mean by quick strip cocking knob? doesn't the bolt pin simply pull out to release the bolt? thanks for your feedback, well taken.

lilc you're mentioning your existing setup while i'm asking for suggestions of new products that don't exist to improve the mr's. thanks anyways.

SupermanDan
04-21-2006, 03:16 PM
you know how the cocking knob/striker pin comes out of the bolt if you want to disassemble the gun? since the MR1 does that, the slot cut in the body for the bolt/striker pin doesn't go all the way to the back, so a regular bolt wouldn't work(regular spyders have a slit all the way back so the bolt and striker come out as one piece). i think i know how to mod an existing rear cocking bolt to work, but i don't have any of the tools to do it. and i think you're right about the older bolt style. i think a bolt for the spyder compact might work, but i'm not sure.

and as for the Rufus Dawg kit, here's a link to their site: http://rufusdawg.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RD&Product_Code=CF-Kit&Category_Code=MAR-ACC

the centre feed kit puts the feed neck on top of the gun, instead of to the side. this eliminates the need for a bent elbow, allowing the balls to feed faster and easier. for a speedball setup, this would be really good. of course, with the MR1, you would need to do some milling to make it work.

Hob Hayward
04-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah, that'd be impossible to do for a buyable upgrade, but why would one need to, I'm pretty sure most people buy the MR1/2 because they want milsim...

Sundragon, you might an MR1 or 2 for yourself to see what works, probably easier to do it that way...

I think your idea of a sidefeed clamp feedneck is good. Perhaps if the kingman ACS doesn't fir, you could make one. I doubt that theres copyright, because numerous companies make them, and the jam bolt was the first.

Frat
04-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Ok I will probably chop balls all day tomorrow after posting this but has anyone had a problem with there MR1 chopping balls? I have put over 3K through mine with out a single broken ball. If you want to make something how a bout a stock with out a top rail and a built in velocity adjuster.

lilc
04-24-2006, 01:40 PM
...lilc you're mentioning your existing setup while i'm asking for suggestions of new products that don't exist to improve the mr's. thanks anyways.

...would there be any interest in a quality all aluminum feedneck for mr owners that would lower the profile and prevent the hopper from swiveling? since the configuration to mill such a piece would be a bit more difficult, would you be willing to pay a bit more than the ones offered for the vert feed spyder's?...

Yes, this would be a good idea. However, the utility of a low profile clamping feed neck on am MR1 is reduced somewhat because the high-line stock doesn't allow much goggle clearance. That means if you want to put a sight on it, you either have to offset it to the left or figure out how to add a raised rail. The high profile of the feed neck, even though it's already offset at 45 degrees is really what helps gives you a clear sight picture with the MR1. You could create a low profile neck, but guys who want sights will either have to use a left-side offset like the JCS or find a stock that let's them get down right behind the top rail to see underneath the body of a lower-mounted hopper...

yamaha cow
04-25-2006, 02:09 PM
lilc is that a pro team expansion chambers

lilc
04-25-2006, 02:49 PM
lilc is that a pro team expansion chambers

Lapco. http://www.lapcopaintball.com/prod/accessories/univ_accessories.html

SundragonPPS
04-26-2006, 04:38 PM
i'm thinking that after most people realize that the useless rail does nothing but get in the way they're going to remove it. it's tough to get your fingers in ther to cock the marker and is virtually useless as a carry handle which is what it's supposed to be. look, it's one of the first things you did to yours ha ha. without that piece, even an evolution shoud fit no prob with a lowered feedneck.

i have a feeling there are going to be some shoulder stock goodies available. just an intuition. ;)

Frat
04-26-2006, 09:41 PM
How about a low pressure chamber adapter? You would not need the vertical ASA adapter just a replacement plug where a LPC could be installed.

SpyderFan
05-19-2006, 06:53 AM
i prefer woodsball and scenario games over arena and x-ball. what upgrades would be suggested for my MR1? what about an evil driver barrel?

Frat
05-19-2006, 10:13 AM
I use either a 14 inch J&J ceramic or a 10 Inch smart parts progressive if I am playing in a llot of brush.

SpyderFan
05-20-2006, 07:08 AM
well, what about anything like an ACS bolt (i dont want an ACS becuase you cant use your stock with it), or maybe a new grip? i used to have brass eagle eradicator (i dont think there was such a thing as an upgrade for it) so aside from barrels, upgrades are new to me. what about an lp system?

Hob Hayward
05-20-2006, 07:49 AM
LP can already be done, as parts are interchangable throughout all spyders, though I'm not sure if you can replace the VA easily in an MR1? I'll find out when my friend gets his...

You should be able to use an acs with the stock still on, assuming kingman didn't do somthing entirely different with the MR1 bolt.

Frat
05-20-2006, 05:32 PM
You should be able to use an acs with the stock still on, assuming kingman didn't do somthing entirely different with the MR1 bolt.

The MR1 bolt is completely different and one of the few non-interchangable parts. The bolt and striker are conected by the cocking knob and must be removed seperatly. The plug in the fron is different than the other spyder markers as well. I have looked at different options and you could plug the port and use a VA with an LPC but I am not sure about the valve spring set up. However if you went with a rocket valve the valve spring would be a moot issue.

Hob Hayward
05-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Well, I just looked at the diagram, the bolt isn't completely different, its just shorter, you could probably mod an imagine ACS to work in it, cut the rear cocking rod off and put in the MR1 bolt pin instead, rather simple acctually, I'll see if that would work when my friends MR1 comes in.

Frat
05-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Doesn't the Imagine like the pilot use a pin attached to the bolt to mate it to the striker? The MR1s receiver or body if you prefer is not milled through like the other spyders you can not remove the bolt and striker as a unit. And I am in no way trying to flame but if you are going to use a rear cock bolt how are you going to convert it to a top cock bolt? Just curious.

SpyderFan
05-22-2006, 06:42 AM
i still havent figured out how to take my striker out. i havent really looked, but can it be done?

SpyderFan
05-22-2006, 06:46 AM
what is a VA? and what is the valve spring set-up? i am very new to upgrades.lol i feel like a nooB

Frat
05-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Spyder every one has to start some where so don't feel bad. VA is vertical adapter and the MR1 uses a different spring than the regular Spyders. The Stryker can sometimes be bumped out by hitting the frame on the palm of your hand. if it does not use the small allen key to pull it out.

yamaha cow
05-22-2006, 02:47 PM
i still havent figured out how to take my striker out. i havent really looked, but can it be done?

yes it is possible to take it out, pull out that pin in the back and use an allen wrench to pull it out.

Hob Hayward
05-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Well, the imagine uses a bolt pin, but you can put in a top cocking pin that connects through the bolt to the striker. The Diablo Mongoose does that, where the bolt pin is also the cocking pin, and from what I saw on the MR1 diagram th e same as hw hte MR1 works.

And SpyderFan, yeah you can take it out.

SundragonPPS
05-22-2006, 05:08 PM
just an update: i have been advised that i will probably have a prototype of the new feedneck sent to me in a couple of weeks. this is per se a joint venture and will actually be produced by another well known company at my request and let's say, persistence. i sent them some designs and will send them a couple more this coming week. whatever is finally produced will be a much better option for mr1 and mr2 owners in my opinion and hopefully yours as well.

newballer
05-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Please do not post links to eBay auctions, especially if what you are posting competes directly with the thread starters product. We would consider that spam, and we don't like spam. jjr

graphics360
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
a lot of the poeple posting on here totally missed the point of the thread....... hes looking for new product ideas for MR markers!!!! and an opinion on the feedneck...

i think a lot of people with MR1s would be interested in a way to cover up the top cocking slot and possibly make a rear cocking mechanism
something similar to the rocketcock for a 98 custom or the cocking system for an MR2 or 3
that way the rail would actually be useable....

Taillo
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Make a different mag, like a m16 or ak47 that would fit exactly as the fake mag on the mr1. Do not make it an expansion chamber as the one from trinity , just another fake mag, but cooler.

Unless you want to go for a single trigger frame, different from the classic?

SpyderFan
05-15-2007, 08:07 PM
a lot of the poeple posting on here totally missed the point of the thread....... hes looking for new product ideas for MR markers!!!! and an opinion on the feedneck...

i think a lot of people with MR1s would be interested in a way to cover up the top cocking slot and possibly make a rear cocking mechanism
something similar to the rocketcock for a 98 custom or the cocking system for an MR2 or 3
that way the rail would actually be useable....

+1! i've posted a few threads saying this same thing, but nobody has any practical ideas. well, about the mr1 rocketcock thing.

MR2 Woodsballer
05-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Are you gonna come out with a feedneck for the mr3 with the eye covers?

alam3503
05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
this was one hell of a dead thread....but anywho..the cover for the cocking would be nice

tsore17
05-16-2007, 07:47 AM
How about air-thru stock to go with some new mags? Special Ops PB has some good ideas, but they are only for tippmanns.....

graphics360
05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
this was one hell of a dead thread....but anywho..the cover for the cocking would be nice

oh yea.... looks like its from 2006..... still seems like a good topic for discussion though

SpyderFan
05-17-2007, 07:49 PM
this was one hell of a dead thread....

yeah, no kidding, i thought this evidence of my former noob-ness had died, lol.

but is anyone else sick of Tippmann's monopoly on woodsball? Why wont anyone make some sweet mods for the MR's. i mean, something like this http://www.opsgear.com/Tippmann-A5-G36-Kit-Folding-p/og-a5-g36-kit-folding.htm or http://www.opsgear.com/Tippmann-Model-98-M82A1-Kit-Black-p/og-m98-m82a1-kit-black.htm

Inteligirl
05-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Just wanted to give Sundragon props for an excellent feedneck. Just got my MR-1 feedneck from them. They are fast with shipping and professional. Fits my gun perfect and I'm excited to try it on the field. Thanks for the great work guys!!

alam3503
05-17-2007, 11:09 PM
it is a good feedneck.....also most mods right now just have to be done by yourself....if anyone finds any feel free to share, (I mean mods that are buyable not self done)