PDA

View Full Version : parts specific for the MR1

QuiGonKen
04-18-2006, 10:56 PM
i was wondering if anyone knows whether or not Kingman is planning on releasing specific milsim parts for the MR1 and MR2, i have the MR1 and i was wondering if they were going to release parts that would help the MR1 become more milsim, kinda like tippmann and their slew of random milsim parts.

druid
04-18-2006, 11:33 PM
even with my Ancient Powers, I'm still not able to forsee it

DRAGON
04-18-2006, 11:59 PM
I agree with the Celtic Commando. Kingman is in the marker market not aftermarket add-ons. Don't worry, after the MR's catch on a bit more, you will see more available. I see more and more traffic in this section every day so looks to me that the inertia is doing well on the MR's. I know of a manufacturer of aftermarket parts that is already working on a particular part of the MR's that y'all would like to see changed. It's functional not MilSim. If it's profitable, I'm confident they will make it happen. I sent some design suggestions to them yesterday. Don't even ask cuz you ain't gonna know till/if it happens. **tease, tease, tease** - :smirk:

Voodoo27909
04-19-2006, 07:43 AM
Oh Dragon....Ur SUCH a Cocker tease, lol.

yamaha cow
04-19-2006, 01:02 PM
well the MR's use alot of parts that fit on most guns,(universal) but i dont know about milsim parts yet. oh www.trinitypaintball.com maks a Ak expansion chamber. for the MR1 taht i have.

tex
04-22-2006, 02:07 PM
May i ask how much that ak expansion chamber was. I cant find pricing on that site.

new_Faction64
04-22-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm not into mil-sim, and I think the speedball (normal look) of paintball guns is pretty ugly, and I think that the MR-series is in-between those two, but more mi-sim, which makes it unique, add it's performance and durability, and you got one sweet gun.

What I'm sayin, is that I'd rather have performance parts for the MR-series...not mil-sim junk.

Voodoo27909
04-24-2006, 09:30 AM
...Now thats H O T! Yeh...Id like to see a price for this myself.

lilc
04-24-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm not into mil-sim, and I think the speedball (normal look) of paintball guns is pretty ugly, and I think that the MR-series is in-between those two, but more mi-sim, which makes it unique, add it's performance and durability, and you got one sweet gun.

What I'm sayin, is that I'd rather have performance parts for the MR-series...not mil-sim junk.

Alamo City Paintball has recently updated their product line to include custom Delrin bolts and lightened strikers for the MR1.
http://www.alamocitypb.com/manufactpages/BOLTPIX/thumbs/mr1thumb.jpghttp://www.alamocitypb.com/manufactpages/ACCESSPIX/thumbs/spyderstrikerthumb.jpg http://www.alamocitypb.com/manufactpages/kingman.html
They work great and are a cheap way to take the bottleneck off your cyclic rate, especially if you go to an e-trigger!

yamaha cow
04-24-2006, 01:56 PM
$60-70 dollar

tex
04-26-2006, 06:06 PM
What is $60-$70??

Victory
04-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Should I get a derlin bolt with or without o-rings? (For the MR1.)

lilc
04-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Should I get a derlin bolt with or without o-rings? (For the MR1.)

A ringless bolt moves smoother and is marginally lighter with tight tolerances (good if your setup is in danger of chopping balls), but it will wear out faster. However, at $19, it's an affordable "wear item" that increases marker performance.

PS: I find that adjusting the settings on my Halo TSA is critical to getting good, consistent high ROF from me e-triggered MR1. Also, when the hopper gets low, the remaining balls jump more, and the system is slightly more prone to feed problems...

new_Faction64
04-30-2006, 12:27 PM
A ringless bolt moves smoother and is marginally lighter with tight tolerances (good if your setup is in danger of chopping balls), but it will wear out faster. However, at $19, it's an affordable "wear item" that increases marker performance.

PS: I find that adjusting the settings on my Halo TSA is critical to getting good, consistent high ROF from me e-triggered MR1. Also, when the hopper gets low, the remaining balls jump more, and the system is slightly more prone to feed problems...

Hey man don't forget, that's not just wearing the bolt, it's wearing the inside of the gun too, and more so the gun if it's delrin, because I *THINK* delrin is stronger.

lilc
04-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Hey man don't forget, that's not just wearing the bolt, it's wearing the inside of the gun too, and more so the gun if it's delrin, because I *THINK* delrin is stronger.

I doubt that.

Hob Hayward
04-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Well, delrin will NOT scratch metal, its basically plastic... I'd get one with o-rings because the o-rings prevent blowby which push the balls in your feed up, and cause weird turbulence problems.

lilc
04-30-2006, 04:38 PM
...I'd get one with o-rings because the o-rings prevent blowby which push the balls in your feed up, and cause weird turbulence problems.

Interesting. If this is actually true, I'd be willing to spring another $19 just to see if there really is a meaningful difference in operation and reliability. The stock bolt comes with O-rings, and the only problem I've seen with it came from their being a bit too much slop (tolerancewise) when there was a feed problem and the gun chopped thin-shell paint; a shell frag wedged its way in between the bolt and the incide of the receiver, and stopped the recock.

DRAGON
04-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, delrin will NOT scratch metal, its basically plastic... I'd get one with o-rings because the o-rings prevent blowby which push the balls in your feed up, and cause weird turbulence problems.

Good points Hob, exactly what I would say -

Ghost Bear Reborn
05-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Trinity sells the AK Expansion Chamber, the M16 Expansion Chamber, an M16 Barrel, an M16 Barrel Kit, a Car Stock, an M16 carry handle, and other mods that fit the Spyder.

www.trinitypaintball.com

Real Action Paintball sells front sights, barrel grips, and M16 style carry handles for the Spyder.

www.rap4.com.

I just ordered the Integrated Front Sight, an M4 Carbine Barrel Grip, and the MR1 Carry Handle from RAP. I'll post pictures when they arrive.