PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about the Battery

halfhangook
04-18-2006, 06:14 PM
So I just got an Imagine and to my dissapointment the battery was dead. Now I managed to play all day with a regular 9v battery (mostly because the field had a no auto rule in effect)but ran the battery down pretty quick. I was curious about what kind of battery I can get to replace it (my battery was black plastic ONLY) or if I will have any performance issues using a regular 9v? I was thinking since the voltage in some baterries can be higher (like NiCad etc) this might have an effect on bps.

redlantern
04-18-2006, 07:08 PM
You're best bet would be to have 2 or more 9.6v.

You can also put a small coin, probably a dime, behind the noid. I think that helps in battery life.

If anyone cares to correct me?

druid
04-18-2006, 10:29 PM
esp frames/boards are designed to run off a 9.6V rechargable because the Amps are higher than on an alkaline. An alkaline won't run a board properly and the resistor will throw weak charges to the noid causing firing problems. Go to walmart or radio shack and get two 9.6V, 200mAh, NiMh (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries. Getting a charger is up to you...plug one into the marker and charge it 16 hours uninterrupted. Take it out and put the other one in and do the same. Take a wide rubber band and put it over the terminals of the spare so it stays charged until you need it.

ooglieboogliebob
04-19-2006, 02:27 AM
never knew about the rubber band and the terminal parts ... but from watervapor and such .. it'll still discharge ... slowly

at my radioshack and walmart and some homeimprovement stores don't call it 9.6 volt ... but when i charge it up .. the voltage adds up to be around 12 volts ... (without a load) ... then after about ... a few hours of play ... i check it again .. and it's still around the 11.89 range ... it was just 9V 220mAh ... pretty sure it was NiMh .... too lazy to check it's too early ...

halfhangook
04-19-2006, 05:12 AM
Many thanks guys, you told me what I needed to know.

bamf-hacker
04-19-2006, 05:17 AM
Take it out and put the other one in and do the same. Take a wide rubber band and put it over the terminals of the spare so it stays charged until you need it.

Awesome tip Druid!!!

thanks.

HacKeR

druid
04-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Awesome tip Druid!!!

thanks.

HacKeR

yeah...I'm full of it....er um...."them" :D

bamf-hacker
04-19-2006, 11:54 AM
yeah...I'm full of it....er um...."them" :D

Off topic sorry......

yeah like blowing up a long balloon in the body of a Spyder before using JBWeld to fill bad drilled eye holes :) Shunut said that was your idea, and it was a great one!!!

OK back on topic...

HacKeR