PDA

View Full Version : Sites for pump stuff

vikingshadow
04-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Ok, say that I might be interested in playing pump. Where would I go (besides Wevo) to get things? Someone make a list of online stores that have things like 3.5 oz tanks, paintball tubes, caps (those speed ones), harnesses, and the misc other things that might be required....

I'm looking at what it would cost to get into this aspect of the sport, so any help would be appreciated! Maybe, if enough good things come out of this thread, we can change the name and sticky it!

QAZ123
04-18-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm not positive and I'm probably wrong but I think wevo is the only person that has speed cap's. I'm probably wrong though.

doropaintball.com carries stock class stuff.

specopspaintball.com does

gunslingerspb.com I believe does

whitewolfairsmithing.com does

Chipleymachine.com does

Ottersccustoms.com

Phantomonline.com

wevopaintball.com is just da bomb although I wish there was an alternative to getting stock class gear. I've really thought about becoming a dealer but I just have too many other project's going with work/school/league's/promoting!

As far as having everything to get into this aspect of the sport... I'd say with a custom acid washed phantom, ten round tubes w/speed caps, 3.5 oz, some type of harness would have your under $420. That's with wevo's price of $376 for the phantom (average counting shipping). 3.5 oz tanks are $23 brand new from wevo. Ten rounder's and speed cap's are so dirt cheap I couldn't tell you a price. Harness varies as to what kind your looking for.

JB.

vikingshadow
04-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks! Lots of sites to choose from - again, I didn't know Otter actually carried pump accessories...he's so going to hunt me down and hurt me!

Someone said something about a shotgun belt? Are they comfy and do they work well?

QAZ123
04-18-2006, 04:30 PM
I think Otter just has the CCI account but that mean's he can get anything CCI which is harnesses too.

I love my shotgun shell belt although out of all the pump event's I've been too I'm the only person I've ever seen have one on. Everybody else had either a CCI or Ronin harness and I absolutely hate those thing's as I've never had one fit me right. Another option is the wrist strap's but I don't like them either. My shotgun shell belt work's perfect as I only go onto the field with 10 ten round tube's at a time and that's more than plenty. It kinda boil's down to preferance really on this one but next time I go to Bass Pro shop I'm picking up another shotgun belt just in case I misplace mine!

JB.

vikingshadow
04-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Well, I wondered about that because if I were to start playing pump, I wouldn't think I'd need to carry 500 rounds in 50 tubes out onto the field. I mean, most of you guys say that you only use about 250-500 all day long! There'd be plenty of time to go back and load up with new pods in between games, I would think.

QAZ123
04-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah I usually use some to chrono in then fill my 15 round feed up then load ten tube's for my harness then load about 5-6 more just to have ready when/if I need them. Work's out pretty good.

JB.

OtterSC
04-19-2006, 05:06 AM
Vike, i am getting a price on the harness. no, am not going to kill you. i really do not advertise that i sell Phantoms. but that still has not hindered me from selling a lot of them.

as for speed tubes, Countrypaintball.com has 5 tubes for $1.00. and i make my own cap savers (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/stocktube.html)

seeing that many consider me old school given playing with improvised stuff like a coffee can for a hopper before the revy's, i have used M-16 magazine pouches. attaches to my ALICE belt quite nicely and holds enough of paint for a game or two.

the CCI harnesses are not too bad. i have one. also the Ronin Ronin link (http://ronin.cfw2.com/search.asp?find_spec=Ronin)line of harnesses are pretty good. i have seen several Ronin items on Ebay.

or do a search for 'stock class tubes' on ebay.

seems that I&I Sports (http://www.iisports.com/page.asp?content_id=8120) does a few items.

tigerdave714
04-19-2006, 05:27 AM
I've attended several pump events where I saw almost half of the players on the field using shotgun shell belts instead of regular harnesses. They're more comfortable than the suspender style, less cumbersome than the fannypack style, and less awkward than the wrist things. And best of all... they're cheap and easy to find locally.

I've used all of the above, and it doesn't get any better than a shotshell belt. I only use it for long games though. For speedball I usually just fill up my feed tube (after the chrono of course) and then drop a few tubes in the pod pocket on my paintball pants, and thats all I need. If you're using both 12grams and tubes to play though, a harness or belt might come in handy for speedball as well.

JB, thats a great list of websites. I would only add 2...

http://www.docsmachine.com/gear/
Doc (the same guy that does the Whiteboard comics) has some stock class harnesses. They're top shelf items... a little pricey for the pump beginner, but the few people I know who have used them have loved them! He also does custom and repair work. Take a look around his site. Sure to impress.

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/
And who could forget Palmer's Pursuit Shop. Again, they're a bit overpriced and they don't have much in the way of Phantom-related gear. But its a good site to go wishlist shopping at (especially if you've ever handled one of their custom-built jobs). They do make a nifty stabilizer regulator that completely replaces the stock Phantom valve with a built-in regulated valve. Not necessary, but pretty cool.

asianshooter
12-18-2006, 01:03 PM
pbmafia.com has harnesses wevo has just about everything else.

scat
03-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Hey, I just got into stock class about a month ago. I use a shotgun belt they are handy. But I figured out that wrapping your 12 grams with a lap of duck tape if it will still allow it to fit in your gun helps hold the 12 grams in the belt. If you play like me and are all over the place sliding running and jumping like most front players in speed ball. And alot of rec ballers then that might come in handy with a shotgun belt. Because before I was losing all kinds of 12 grams out of it every time I played. For sites I usually go to www.Paintball-Discounters.com or www.Discountpaintball.com both have decient prices on tube but if that site otter said has them 5 for a dollar I think I will be doing my shopping there. Thanks otter. As well not to take over the thread is there any place to buy a Brass eagle nightmare. out there preferrable the long barrel I think those look awesome and would love to have one. Thanks.

QAZ123
03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
is there any place to buy a Brass eagle nightmare. out there preferrable the long barrel I think those look awesome and would love to have one. Thanks.

You could try mcarterbrown.com in there forums. Haven't seen one anywhere for sale for a long time though.

JB.

johnnyblast
05-01-2007, 11:36 AM
how do i order from wevopaintball?? i just picked up phantom and i want to order under cocking pump and i tried sending them message but no reply... do i need special accout or something?? help a noob out guys... thanks in advance.

bamf-hacker
05-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Send them an e-mail and Jeremy will get back to you. It is not a full time job for them, they have other 9-5 jobs.

QAZ123
05-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I'll get to try out those undercocking kits the 13th of this month can't wait.

Yeah send them another email if they don't get back to you post here again we'll figure something out.

JB.

johnnyblast
05-02-2007, 05:38 PM
I'll get to try out those undercocking kits the 13th of this month can't wait.

Yeah send them another email if they don't get back to you post here again we'll figure something out.

JB.

it was my 3rd email to them and nothing... maybe i can buy it from u after ur done with test.

QAZ123
05-03-2007, 07:28 AM
A. Give me your email address and I'll pm Davinci on SCP and tell him to check his spam filter or to get back with you.

B. Sign on to SCP and personally pm Davinci or Wevo on there they will get back to you.

Sorry for your troubles man what used to be a side job for Wevo has turned into a pretty large business. One that he is almost not able to keep up with.

It's crossed my mind to go into busines with just stock class goods as a side job.

JB.