PDA

View Full Version : Leaking

BgMc2001
04-17-2006, 07:00 AM
My c02 always leaks out of the micro or macro line but i am not sure what to do i was thinking of buying a steel braided line please help me out thanks

~shocktheman~
04-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Ya thats kind of a side effect of macroline, just cause it only slips into the fitting whereas steelbraided hose actually screws in. I had the same problem just before my hose blew out. First I would check to make sure the quick-disconnect for the hose isn't pushed in at all(that was my first problem) Alot of people have problems if the plastic macroline isn't cut straight too. Then they get seating problems and it'll start to leak. If I were you I'd just go for the steel braided hose. Its far more reliable and you won't have to go through all the problems with macro. Overall macro ain't all that bad, but you have to remember that you're running it on a highpressure (800psi) spyder. So I'd just say forget the macro, get the steel braided and forget about your problems.

ps Wow its been such along time since anyones actually posted here, "Welcome to teh Forums"

BgMc2001
04-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Thanks, where would i get a steel braided line.

druid
04-17-2006, 08:14 AM
go to the 'store review' section at the bottom of the forum main page...right above the sales thread.

and if the macro's leaking at the fitting, try cuting your ends squarely and make sure it's pushed in all the way. There should be a slight bend in the macroline so it alwas flexes towards the fittings...