PDA

View Full Version : Infamous newbies

emf7301
04-15-2006, 07:30 PM
ok, yesterday i did some trigger work to my pilot, sanded down a nylon washer to use as a shim to eliminate the side play(works well in my opinion). While i had it off, i decided to see what it felt like without the trigger return spring. I decided to give it a shot and today at the field my friend was just seeing how fast he could fire it. He was going pretty damn fast (was bouncing too, :( need to fix that), somewhere around 16-17 bps. After my friend finished emptying the hopperful (only took him like 15 sec), some kid told him to turn off the ramping. It being my gun i told him, um you can't cause stock spyders don't have ramping. He just had that kinda face. It's all the funnier because he knew somewhat of what he was talking about but didn't think before opening his mouth. Let's just say my friends and i had a big ole laugh over it afterwards. :lolsign::pwnd::peace:

DyNasty9
04-15-2006, 08:20 PM
hate to burst ur bubble but stock spyder board is capped at 13 bps.

ooglieboogliebob
04-15-2006, 09:42 PM
... not true ... The new pilot ACS are capped at 20bps .. and the pilot/imagine is capped at 14bps ... and the electra is capped at 30bps ... Lastly the MR2 is capped at 25bps ... Keep in mind im saying NEW models ...

If it's an older model of the pilot, imagine .. then it's capped at 13bps ...

vikingshadow
04-16-2006, 05:37 AM
Well, while that may be true ^^^ BUT, what a company says a frame is CAPPED at isn't necessarily what the gun is capable of shooting. My Dragun's (that I used to have) said they were capped at 30 bps (the TES at 20 bps), but there's no way the guns could get that fast without help. I had to do a lot of work making them capable of reaching even the blazing fast speeds my fingers can hit :rolleyes:. Lighter bolts, modified rams, QEV, better LPR, better HPR, etc...

What happens is that the frame can go that fast, but due to weight of internals, tank recharge rates, no way to release the excess air inside the gun, sear wear, ram stick, bad orings, etc....you name it, it's ALL a factor in causing this problem, you get what I call "half cycles" - where the bolt and striker don't cycle all the way back and forward. This can cause missed shots or slower speeds if you have anti chop systems like eyes because the balls can't drop in. So in all actuality, you're really not shooting as fast as the manufacture says the gun is capable of - ever!

My example is that Karnivor that's said to be shooting 56 bps. Well, we all know that a gun can CYCLE that fast without paint, but what's going on is there is a HECK of a lot of half cycles in there. There's a difference in cycles and actual shooting.

Although that's a really good story, emf (I like it when "smart" people make fools out of themselves because they think they're better than others...) I wonder about the speed you stated. Not insulting you, but just pointing out some things for everyone to ponder. Most people when they're shooting fast throw a random number out there (like 17) and think that's got to be as fast as I'm shooting! There was a webpage that had what different speeds sounded like. I can't seem to find it anymore, but you'd be surprised. It was probably more like 12-13 bps (which is still a great speed!) I was surprised to see that I could hit higher speeds for VERY short bursts, but when it came to walking the trigger, I could only sustain about 14 bps on my Shocker, which is a very easy gun to shoot fast - as opposed to a blowback that is kicking like crazy!

A full hopper of 200 (I'm assuming you have an electric hopper - although the only loaders I know of that can hold 200 balls are the Eggy and the Vlocity - everything else holds around 180) shot in "about 15 seconds" would equal 13.33 bps IF you shot consistantly from the beginning to the end. Now the loaders that hold 180 shot for 15 seconds would be 12 bps even.

DyNasty9
04-16-2006, 06:48 AM
... not true ... The new pilot ACS are capped at 20bps .. and the pilot/imagine is capped at 14bps ... and the electra is capped at 30bps ... Lastly the MR2 is capped at 25bps ... Keep in mind im saying NEW models ...

If it's an older model of the pilot, imagine .. then it's capped at 13bps ...
opps. didnt know that.:headbrick:

emf7301
04-16-2006, 08:44 AM
well, don't forget that i had shorten the trigger pull so that it was resting on the microswitch and removed the trigger return spring so that the pull was really light. all in all with my friend's fast fingers and the crap load of bounce it was going through, even if it wasn't shooting every single cycle, it was still shooting almost all of them cuz i was watching. Plus it didn't chop a single round :thewave:. It only got hung up twice cuz my reloader 2 misfed for like 1/2 a second each time. I was actually pleasantly suprised my loader kept up as well as it did :D. Not trying to disprove anything you stated above cuz it's all good reasoning, i'm just trying to make a point about my cheap spyder firing super fast and some little "smart" kid telling me that i was using ramping and having a good laugh about it.

Feel free to share your experiences with those know-it-alls.

Ares
04-16-2006, 08:54 AM
there are plenty of idiots out there, dont become one of them. shooting fast isnt impressive anymore, hitting people with the paint is.

03TiburonGT
04-18-2006, 09:12 AM
there are plenty of idiots out there, dont become one of them. shooting fast isnt impressive anymore, hitting people with the paint is.

Amen. You can be shooting as fast as you want, but if you can't hit anything then you aren't going to be good at all. Accuracy and consistency is what is impresive to me.