PDA

View Full Version : Ball Detent Replacements? what models?

new_Faction64
04-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey guys, I'm a paintball newbie, and I'd like to know, are there other detents that you can replace the stock MR2's detent w/? I hear that many replace it with the Long Bob Timmy's, or get a replacement from Spyder, but are there any other ones? I remember hearing that most Spyders have a ball-bearing detent? can you get one of those and put it into the MR2?

I was hoping to replace the stock (crap) one w/ a more durable one, like a ball-bearing, because that's obviously metal, not rubber/plastic (durability).

Thanks.

ooglieboogliebob
04-15-2006, 06:28 PM
well ... you can get spyder replacement, tippmann replacement, but then again .. boblong replacements are the best ...

new_Faction64
04-15-2006, 07:07 PM
well ... you can get spyder replacement, tippmann replacement, but then again .. boblong replacements are the best ... I hear the spyder replacements are the same ones they use in the Bob Long Timmys...so yeah.

I was guessing that ball-bearing stuff might be better than a rubber thing, so yeah that's why i asked.

Thanks for the help.

ooglieboogliebob
04-15-2006, 10:20 PM
eh ... well the ball dentents do last longer rather than the rubber detents .. but your gun doesn't accept them .. unless you customly mill it to be able to take it ...

new_Faction64
04-16-2006, 05:42 AM
eh ... well the ball dentents do last longer rather than the rubber detents .. but your gun doesn't accept them .. unless you customly mill it to be able to take it ...

Alright, that's what I was looking to find out, thanks.