PDA

View Full Version : Blow-back

oudiey
04-15-2006, 02:05 PM
I finally got a hopper the other day, (VL revolution) but already have a problem. The hopper will feed about 11-12 bps( i tested it), but when i shoot with it, im getting like 6-7. I am pretty sure its the blowback, and wanted to know if there is a way to get rid of or lower the blowback. I use CO2 and my gun is stock except for a CP drop. I have tried making more holes in the feedneck, but the had little to no difference. I dont want to do anything too drastic, but cant figure out how to lower the blow back. I am willing to buy a bolt if needed, and possibly a feedneck, but wont change to air.

High Voltage
04-15-2006, 03:52 PM
im not sure if you can lower blowback, but just so u know realisticaly, u will never get a stock imagine(or any other spyder for that matter) to shoot 11-12 bps, its impossible...even if u did get a stock gun up to that bps, it would jam within the first 3 seconds. hope that helps

WhatThaSmurf
04-15-2006, 04:33 PM
did you check your o-rings? a new bolt would help, and a new feedneck could if, like the ccms, it has slots in it to allow it compress and clamp and that would allow for co2 to escape

oudiey
04-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Can you recommend a bolt that will help the most? I oil the bolt before every game, but thats not where the air is comming from.

im not sure if you can lower blowback, but just so u know realisticaly, u will never get a stock imagine(or any other spyder for that matter) to shoot 11-12 bps, its impossible...even if u did get a stock gun up to that bps, it would jam within the first 3 seconds. hope that helps

Are you sure I cant get it up to 11 bps? When I played last year I borrowed my friends egg, and was shooting pretty fast. It jammed, but not until I shot about 1/2 the hopper in less than 10 seconds. I thought i was shooting fast, but may be I wasnt. And if not, what should I upgrade to be able to shoot that fast?

crimsonguard
04-16-2006, 06:34 PM
You can get that quick.... I can cap my stock board, stock trigger, stock switch. A lighter switch will help you in this area. Look for a 50g, they are cheap. How adjustable is your trigger? Try and set it a little closer to the switch. If you can find a lighter trigger return spring, you can literally tap the trigger and it will fire.
Where is the AIR coming from?!? Blowback could be a result of velocity. What FPS is your marker running? Is the striker buffer in place?

emf7301
04-16-2006, 06:44 PM

sry to burst your bubble but i know for a fact that is wrong. not trying to sound mean or anything but my friend emptied a full reloader 2 from my pilot in about 15 seconds including the hopper getting stuck for a 1/2 second. work out the numbers that's around 13-14 bps. plus it didn't jam or chop once (praise be the acs:praying:). I'm sure if i had a halo b or reloader b it would have finished even before 15 sec. :D

O, and the blowback thing, um yea i kinda have that problem when i'm low, like less than 10 balls left. after each shot i just watch the balls hop in the feedneck, like little easter bunny rabbits. sry but i don't really have any help to offer.

oudiey
04-16-2006, 07:16 PM
I thought I could get it faster :) I put pictures of what im trying to explain http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/oudiey_727/paintball/paint.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/oudiey_727/paintball/paint1.jpg

The air is blowing up the feedneck and into the hopper slowing the feed-rate of the paintballs. I was wondering if a different bolt/feedneck or something will help fix it.

Also, what will allow my gun to shoot faster? Everyone keeps telling my a stock spyder wont shoot 15-17 even if i get a T-board.

emf7301
04-16-2006, 08:52 PM
a spyder can shoot 15-17 bps, just need the right hopper and some fast fingers. my friend averaged around 13-14 bps, i know he was spiking up to 15-16 bps occasionally. I completely understand what you are talking about with blowback into the hopper. I'm not the most knowledgeable in how to eliminate that. I guess the best way would be to have a bolt with o-rings to seal it. Can't help much more without knowing what your setup is currently?

vikingshadow
04-17-2006, 06:48 AM
A lighter, higher flowing bolt could help, doing some low pressure things like adding a regulator will help by letting you lower pressure into your gun will work as well, getting a feedneck with the slots in them will help also. Probably your best bet is getting a loader that is forcefed because it will keep pressure on the paint and not allow it back up the feedneck - Reloader B's and B2's, Halo B's, Q loaders, Vlocity's and to some extent, Z boarded Eggy's are all forcefed - at least until the last couple of shots.

To clear the discussion fellows, the Imagine is capped at 14 bps electronically. You aren't going to shoot faster than that. The Revy and Reloader have a feeding cap of 12 (I believe) and they are the fastest until you get into the Q loaders, Eggs, Reloader B's, Vlocity's and Halo B's. Plain and simple, you can't shoot above 14 with a Spyder unless it's one of the rocking frames or one of the new models (not sure which they are - I think the Electra's.) or you can change the board to a T board. Also, you'd need to lighten the microswitch and polish your internals to be able to even reach the cap.

All this talk on BPS is silly. Noobs care about shooting fast, players care about eliminations. Shooting fast doesn't mean jack unless you are;

A. keeping a lane locked down, or
B. keeping someone's head down while a teammate moves to better position or
C. hitting what you're shoot at.

Otherwise, you're just wasting paint. There's also only two proven methods of testing your finger speed. You can't just "tell" how fast you're shooting - most people think they're shooting much faster than they actually are. The first is the best: fill your hopper with a set number of balls, then have a friend time you to see how long it takes to shoot them. Divide the number of balls in the hopper by the number of seconds it took to shoot them out and you have it. The second is to use a radar like they have at PSP and NPPL events. FYI, those red chronos that fields have are horrible at getting your FPS. I had my Shocker capped at 15.4 bps at a tournament last year and it told me I was shooting 27 bps, LOL! So don't trust them!

druid
04-17-2006, 08:10 AM
there are 3 known ways to stop blow-back up the feedneck...

1. a bolt with new/properly maintained O-rings
2. Enlarge the bolt-port a smidge fore and aft...like...oval shaped towards the front and back of the bolt
3. drill holes (2-4) in the feedneck but below the hopper/adapter neck.

LP can help but only in the overall sense. Unless you correct the leak up the neck, (bolt/bolt chamber) there will still be a leak up the neck...yes, a lower pressure leak but still a leak. Leaks like this result in additions to recocking problems....and 10-1 there is also air leaking straight out the back of the bolt tube...also corrected by bolt O-rings.

The real problem is finding a bolt that fits your marker. Since Spyder tolerences suck, that'll be impossible unless you try the bolts in the marker. On-line stores are not the answer for this problem.

oudiey
04-17-2006, 02:17 PM
2. Enlarge the bolt-port a smidge fore and aft...like...oval shaped towards the front and back of the bolt

Whats does that mean? I also think that by fixing the blow-back problem, my gun will shoot more accurately too, so i wont have to shoot as fast.

WhatThaSmurf
04-17-2006, 02:19 PM
If you take out your bolt, you will see a hole on the bottom where the air goes through. The air might not be hitting directly in the hole. I fyou enlarge that hole as he said, the air will only go into the bolt.

yz125rider
09-18-2006, 01:10 PM
i understand what your saying, umm i used to have that problem with my e-99 when using a standard 200 rnd hopper, but since i got my reloader II i have had that prblem andi can shoot 12-14 BPS pretty easily, you could try a taller feed neck to get more balls lined up in the neck so it must use more pressure to push the wieght of say 3-4 balls stacked on top of each other. And also drill bigger holes in your feed neck!

Hob Hayward
09-18-2006, 03:54 PM
A bolt to get that wll posistively not allow for blowby is the sunbear bolt by IPS. The bolt is much larger and tighter to the tube than the stock bolt and in my experience, I went from crazy blowby with my ACS to nothing when I installed the sunbear, however, it IS a rip-off(50$ now I think?). I got mine used for 25$. I dunno about other bolts of the type, but I've heard good things about the bandit bolts aswell, and they're much cheaper.

vwjimmy
09-18-2006, 04:47 PM
A Sunbear bolt is not a 'rip-off'...it is a high quality, ultra light, LP bolt and is one of the best I have ever used (I have alot of bolts :) ) The price you pay for any up is a direct personal perspective....the benifits can out-weigh the costs if it works for you....I don't feel ripped off by IPS or any, hand made to order, high end part I have ever obtained...weather I liked it or not...
The Sunbear requires ALOT of tuning......it is tight and light.....