PDA

View Full Version : Date?

xNinja-Dolphinx
04-14-2006, 08:26 PM
K, I am going out on a date with my best friend. This came about by her telling me about a dress she bough but her dad is making her wear another one to prom so I told her I would take her outs o she could wear it. This is a girl that I love and care so much for, I can honestly say I would die to save her, if that means anything. Ok so I am kinda new to this date thing(i have been out with friends and suff, but not like this). The main point is I want her to feel like the special girl she should feel like, when I take her out(to Taco Bell, lol not my choice, it was hers). Any tips to help me? Even small stuff like opening the door for her. And I know this is more a mature place than PBN, but please no comments remotely close to what would come from there(You know what Im talking about).

Nader
04-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Dude, nix the Taco Bell, even if she says she wants to go there, she would probably really like to go some place nice. So take her to a nice place, and pay for the dinner.

And you should semi-dress up too, she might feel awkward being dressed up and you not.
And be as nice as you can with the opening of doors and stuff.

But most of all: RELAX!

hope I could help, and I feel ya on the best friend that you are in love with thing.....I feel ya.

durrell
04-14-2006, 08:56 PM
This is going to be weird, but I'm going to take a totally different approach than Nader..even though what he said is all exactly textbook what you should do..

If you're as close friends as you say you are with her, she's not going into this looking for the kind of stuff like opening doors..she's going to want to know if you 2 were to have something more than just a friendship, would it jeopardize/make what you already have really weird? I'd say definitely pay for her dinner, be sure to act as normal as possible but also let her know you're not there as her friend but there as having the potential for more..take it from me, if you're friends with her and want to be more than friends, it will freak her out if you act all tense and end up looking dumb pulling out chairs and acting weird..hopefully you get my point and see what I'm getting at..

Nader
04-14-2006, 09:13 PM
That wasn't THAT different from what I said :dodgy:...but yeah don't over exaggerate the chivalry, just be there for her.
Again, I think we agree durrell, that he needs to RELAX. Otherwise it will be wierd.

durrell
04-14-2006, 09:14 PM
True, just figured I'd lay it all out for homeslice there..lol

DRAGON
04-14-2006, 09:26 PM
...........This is a girl that I love and care so much for, I can honestly say I would die to save her, if that means anything. Ok so I am kinda new to this date thing...........

Sounds like you're in too deep before you've even got started to me. Slow down, take it easy and most of all, don't let her know you would die for her just as of yet. ;) It may make her lose interest. Girls are cats and boys are dogs. If you call a cat to you, what do they normally do? Go the other way. I'm not saying ignore her but don't show her too much attention. Not any more than you normally do. At times it gets stuffy when someone wraps themselves around you and you feel a bit overwhelmed and can't breathe(especially at your age). If it gets to that point, you can rest assured the cat will walk the other way. I say go with your gut feeling. If you feel compelled to open doors and such, do so if she's the type you're sure would appreciate that sort of attention. You know if she would, we don't. If you use your gut feeling you can't go wrong. Whether things work out the way you wanted them to or not, the outcome was meant to be. There's no way to evade fate. If you work too hard at it, chances are it may fail. Be koo, be calm, use your gut feelings and trust them. If you're not calm, chances are you'll screw up. At times screw ups are laughable though. Good luck and remember.......you're too young to get married so don't act like you want to - :p

NB_Hacker_NB
04-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Sounds like you're in too deep before you've even got started to me. Slow down, take it easy and most of all, don't let her know you would die for her just as of yet. ;) It may make her lose interest. Girls are cats and boys are dogs.

Dragon is a PIMP!

Angel69
04-14-2006, 11:34 PM
some good advice.. if u have feelings for her. keep her as a freind instead. i mean ur prolly what 15-18? belive me that if u break up you guys wont be friends as good as u are now. trust me dude its happened to me. and if i could do it again i wouldnt of told her how i felt at such a young age.

bigred76
04-15-2006, 01:43 AM
My opinion, pop the date into your mouth and chew around the pit. Once you get all the good stuff just spit the pit out in the spittoon (or trashcan, whatever you like to call them).

Oh wait...you mean the other kind of date.... :smirk:
My advice: be cordial and polite, and most importantly: RELAX. It's one of the hardest things to do on a date, and if you can do that, the rest is cake (yeah, it's 1:00 in the morning and I have my midnite snack on my mind).

I also agree with the nixing of the Taco Bell. It isn't really that much of a date if you end up spending the 3 days after it sitting on the crapper because of bad food. Find out (casually, don't be too obvious, now....) what her favorite kind of food is and take her out to a nice restaurant that serves that kind.

As for Drago's comments, I have had that experience as well and deffinately agree with it. Angel's comments I also have had experience with, and also agree with, but if you think that you might have a chance for a more serious relationship down the line, then go for it.

xNinja-Dolphinx
04-15-2006, 05:15 AM
Ok the relax thing will be no problem, I am completely comfortable arund her and yes she is the type of girl who appriciates those things and it won't be wierd a all if I do those things for her. I also had another Idea about taco bell, what if I get it to go and we eat somewhere else like a park or something?

vikingshadow
04-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Good morning and welcome to dating 101!!! :D

That's some good advice above from people who know what they're talking about.

However, I have a question. You mentioned the prom and that her dad said she had to wear another dress, so I assume she's going, but you didn't say with you. Does she already have a different date for it? Does she already have a date for it or a boyfriend? If so, you're treading on dangerous ground!

You must be like the Boy Scouts and "Be Prepared." No, not for THAT! LOL! You have to figure out if she is going on this "date" because she wants more from you in terms of being a boyfriend, testing the water, OR if she just wants to wear the dress and go eat with a good friend.

I know it sounds weird, but face it, girls are weird! (No offense to the ladies here!) It's been my experience that girls go out with guys that are their friends just because they're friends MORE than because they want more from the guy. In fact, in that situation, the guy may as well be the girl's gay friend because that's about how far he's gonna get. Many a guy has lost a good friend and a good chance by assuming the girl was thinking the same thing as the guy.

You'll be able to tell about a half hour, to an hour into the "date." Or if you are extremely observant (what I mean is thinking with the right head - seriously! I'm not even joking on that one...that isn't sex related, just you being awestruck because you like her so much) you should be able to tell about 15 minutes in if you come on like you're trying to make an impression and she only wants food. BE CAREFUL!!! Just because you have the same feelings, doesn't necessarily mean she does, EVEN IF SHE SAYS SHE DOES, so be prepared. (She won't want to hurt your feelings.)

Ok, now that's been said, in the case I mentioned, a picnic would be a bad idea. To date-ish/romantic'ish....and weird with the Taco Bell stuff. Here's what I would do. First, like was mentioned, dress up a bit to equal her dress. Make sure to compliment her dress nicely. Take her to a step above Taco Bell. Maybe a nice sit-down Mexican restaraunt, but not the most expensive or fancy one. Pay for the meal, and leave a good tip! Ask her what she would like, then order for her. Don't mess around with the pulling the chair out for her, or standing when she comes and goes but make sure to open the doors for her(car and restaraunt.)

Talk about her, but not overly too much. Would seem weird to her, although you would enjoy it. You should talk about yourself as well, but not too much. NO TALK ABOUT EX BOYFRIENDS, current BOYFRIENDS OR GIRLFRIENDS. Don't gossip about things at school. She's your focus, not friends or school. What does she want to do this summer, next year, in college, after college. What kind of car does she REALLY like?

After about the first 20 minutes or so, you'll be relaxed and should be able to act normally. What do you plan on doing afterwards? Movie? Driving around? I always found girls enjoyed walking around and talking.

So, relax, let it flow like water, have a good time, and pay close attention. This is like a job interview. If you do well, you might get a call back. Don't fool yourself, it really is! LOL!

Muddytaco
04-15-2006, 09:35 AM
I also agree with the nixing of the Taco Bell. It isn't really that much of a date if you end up spending the 3 days after it sitting on the crapper because of bad food.

:yeahthat: :lol:

NB_Hacker_NB
04-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Good morning and welcome to dating 101!!! :D

That's some good advice above from people who know what they're talking about.

However, I have a question. You mentioned the prom and that her dad said she had to wear another dress, so I assume she's going, but you didn't say with you. Does she already have a different date for it? Does she already have a date for it or a boyfriend? If so, you're treading on dangerous ground!

You must be like the Boy Scouts and "Be Prepared." No, not for THAT! LOL! You have to figure out if she is going on this "date" because she wants more from you in terms of being a boyfriend, testing the water, OR if she just wants to wear the dress and go eat with a good friend.

I know it sounds weird, but face it, girls are weird! (No offense to the ladies here!) It's been my experience that girls go out with guys that are their friends just because they're friends MORE than because they want more from the guy. In fact, in that situation, the guy may as well be the girl's gay friend because that's about how far he's gonna get. Many a guy has lost a good friend and a good chance by assuming the girl was thinking the same thing as the guy.

You'll be able to tell about a half hour, to an hour into the "date." Or if you are extremely observant (what I mean is thinking with the right head - seriously! I'm not even joking on that one...that isn't sex related, just you being awestruck because you like her so much) you should be able to tell about 15 minutes in if you come on like you're trying to make an impression and she only wants food. BE CAREFUL!!! Just because you have the same feelings, doesn't necessarily mean she does, EVEN IF SHE SAYS SHE DOES, so be prepared. (She won't want to hurt your feelings.)

Ok, now that's been said, in the case I mentioned, a picnic would be a bad idea. To date-ish/romantic'ish....and weird with the Taco Bell stuff. Here's what I would do. First, like was mentioned, dress up a bit to equal her dress. Make sure to compliment her dress nicely. Take her to a step above Taco Bell. Maybe a nice sit-down Mexican restaraunt, but not the most expensive or fancy one. Pay for the meal, and leave a good tip! Ask her what she would like, then order for her. Don't mess around with the pulling the chair out for her, or standing when she comes and goes but make sure to open the doors for her(car and restaraunt.)

Talk about her, but not overly too much. Would seem weird to her, although you would enjoy it. You should talk about yourself as well, but not too much. NO TALK ABOUT EX BOYFRIENDS, current BOYFRIENDS OR GIRLFRIENDS. Don't gossip about things at school. She's your focus, not friends or school. What does she want to do this summer, next year, in college, after college. What kind of car does she REALLY like?

After about the first 20 minutes or so, you'll be relaxed and should be able to act normally. What do you plan on doing afterwards? Movie? Driving around? I always found girls enjoyed walking around and talking.

So, relax, let it flow like water, have a good time, and pay close attention. This is like a job interview. If you do well, you might get a call back. Don't fool yourself, it really is! LOL!

Tear!!!

Nice info. You are now named granddaddy pimp!

DyNasty9
04-15-2006, 09:57 AM
pic or shen of said girl:dodgy:

jk:p

haha well i guess we know who to go to for dating tips here. cough**vike**cough.:D

xNinja-Dolphinx
04-15-2006, 10:20 AM
I haven't had timw to read your post yet vike lol, remember though the point of this thing isn't for me at all, its just to make her feel special

big_daddy_d
04-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Well said vike, only advise I can give is not to overdo it, but then the first time I went out with my wife we went down a river in a raft with 2 coolers of beer...

TacTownKilla
04-15-2006, 02:57 PM
pic or shen of said girl:dodgy:

Damn you beat me to the punch...

DyNasty9
04-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Damn you beat me to the punch...
:p :p

oo let us know how this ends up going.

Baller-59
04-15-2006, 06:10 PM
you asked for it with that pbn comment:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/WKSp8ntballa/suprisebuttsex.jpg

Recon by Fire
04-15-2006, 06:11 PM
And I know this is more a mature place than PBN, but please no comments remotely close to what would come from there(You know what Im talking about).

This is your response on PBN:
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7978/owlbuttsecks7tu.jpg

This is your response on SOC/KUSA:
Do NOT take her to any fast food places. If she is dressing up then you need to also and take her some place respectable. It doesn't have to be the best restaraunt in town just a nice sit down place. Even a nice booth at Chilis or Applebees, etc... will do. A quiet place where you can carry a conversation is best but a nice intimate place place with live music is also good.

WARNING: Be careful what you wish for, you might get it! Although a dear female friend may seem to be the perfect girlfriend, it can ruin a relationship. I've had a similar experience and although our small trist did not ruin our relationship, it was more akin to dating your sister when it got down to it.

xNinja-Dolphinx
04-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Guys stop worrying Im not worried about it being wierd at all. Like I said before it is to make HER feel special not for me to get into her pants(BTW I wouldnt)

DyNasty9
04-15-2006, 07:10 PM
just wondering but is it the girl in your picture gallery?

xNinja-Dolphinx
04-15-2006, 07:25 PM
No, but she should be soon whenever I can talk her into modeling for me, I'll look for a pic hold on

EDIT: Her and Me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Dunkler-Engel/d617c37f.jpg

And for your viewing pleasure, me in a size small t-shirt trying to be the Hulk
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Dunkler-Engel/dd979e54.jpg

rowdyroper2003
04-17-2006, 06:57 AM
Confidence Counts.

remember, she wants to be there just as much as you do.

Act interested, but remember to play a little hard to get.

DexGtr
04-17-2006, 10:10 AM
and for goodness sake...don't go to the date dressed like the hulk. :D

WhatThaSmurf
04-17-2006, 10:15 AM
how'd you even get that shirt on?

marvin-martian
04-17-2006, 12:18 PM
honestly, i dont know why you are asking for advise here. you stated that you arent trying to get anywhere and are just being nice to her. she will have fun and thank you for being a good friend.

the only thing i have to say is DO NOT TAKE HER TO TACO BELL!!!! shes wearing a dress for goodness sakes.

xNinja-Dolphinx
04-17-2006, 01:29 PM
The thing about Taco Bell is we are wierd like that, but ill ask her just in case

Recon by Fire
04-17-2006, 06:28 PM
You two have matching shoes....... Okay, I just lost all respect for you with that Hooters orange shirt pic, LOL. But seriously, thanks for the furture nightmares!

xNinja-Dolphinx
04-17-2006, 07:42 PM
You two have matching shoes....... Okay, I just lost all respect for you with that Hooters orange shirt pic, LOL. But seriously, thanks for the furture nightmares!
I paid $1.80 at Walmart for those sandals! My nice shoes were dirty and wet and that was the only other pair I took with me