PDA

View Full Version : Valve

Spinal
04-14-2006, 05:57 PM
im looking into going semi-LP. i was seeing that a lot of people have new valves, is it worth it? and if it is which valve to get? i have a few options..

NDZ
maddman rocket
tornado

price isn't much of an issue but i dont want to waste money the tornado is like twice the cost of the NDZ valve, and if performance diff is minimal i'll stick with the NDZ, so which to get folks? if i need one at all that is.

shunut
04-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Maddman, its about the same price as the NDZ, but is way better that the NDZ, IMO. I think the AKA Tornado valve is way over priced and not worth it.

Hob Hayward
04-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah, aka is a ripoff. One problem with the madman is that operation over 400 psi for a long time like destroys it... that said, I'd go wit hthe NDZ especially if your only going "semi-LP"

ooglieboogliebob
04-14-2006, 07:30 PM
eh .. most LP conversions go to about 250-350 psi anyways ... besides some people have successfully gotten a LP conversion with just the stock valve ...

DRAGON
04-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Though the Rocket valve is high flowing, it seems a lot of people just can't get them set up right. When setting it up properly, rather than just changing the valve spring you need to keep removing and installing the valve until you get the SRP set up right for your marker. I'd make sure and get a repair kit because if you aren't familiar with them, chances are you'll need one -

The AKA is way too overpriced. I'm surprised they haven't cut the price on them. Nice valve but the price is a rip. Especially for a company that does their own machining -

New Designz is easy to set up, high flowing and moderately priced. It'll get you in the 300-400psi range that's best for Spyders. Best all around IMO for flow, price and ease of setup -

druid
04-14-2006, 11:30 PM
I had an old version sonix that I got to 325 psi/275 fps just by using an assault block, torp and polishing the internals. It still had a stock, unmodified valve.

shunut
04-15-2006, 06:24 AM
Though the Rocket valve is high flowing, it seems a lot of people just can't get them set up right. When setting it up properly, rather than just changing the valve spring you need to keep removing and installing the valve until you get the SRP set up right for your marker. I'd make sure and get a repair kit because if you aren't familiar with them, chances are you'll need one -

Wow Dragon, you didn't even bad mouth the management over there at Maddmann, I'm impressed. Is that because they are under new management?

crimsonguard
04-15-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm using an NDZ valve. Nice polished piece, comes with tapered cup seal and I found mine on ebay for half the price of a Maddman.

vikingshadow
04-15-2006, 03:22 PM
I had an old version sonix that I got to 325 psi/275 fps just by using an assault block, torp and polishing the internals. It still had a stock, unmodified valve.

I did the same with my old style Sonix, but when I dropped the Maddman in, the pressure REALLY lowered....I was a bit under 300 psi with pretty good efficiency at 280 fps.

Of course, like Dragon said, I worked a LOT with the valve to get it right. If the NDZ does the same thing, that'd be the one I'd get. They didn't have that one out when I did my lp thing though.

druid
04-15-2006, 09:26 PM
im looking into going semi-LP. semi-LP=half assed. Go all the way, or not at all. i was seeing that a lot of people have new valves, is it worth it? yes if you want to maximize the total upgrade. and if it is which valve to get? i have a few options..

NDZ a decent valve for the $$
maddman rocket a better valve for the $$. Get a spare cupseal/valve pin right away so you have it. The srp has a tendency to strip out after a few thousand shots.
tornado nice valve, way overpriced

price isn't much of an issue but i dont want to waste money the tornado is like twice the cost of the NDZ valve, and if performance diff is minimal i'll stick with the NDZ, so which to get folks? if i need one at all that is.

The reason I say semi-LP=half-assed is that you may get some of the benefits of LP but not all. you can lower your pressure but not as much as you could. This directly affects consumption, velocity, recoil and wear-and-tear on components. It makes no sense to open an airway if you don't regulate it and adding a LP/high-flow valve without a reg will probably ruin the valve. You can add a spring kit but that will only affect your velocity adjustments additionally, between 5fps and 25 fps (ish).
Do yourself a favor and do it the right way...the first time. I know that Bomberpilot07 knows what I say from first-hand experiences and can share my wisdom with you :D...Get all the parts one at a time, put them in a box until you have them all. Then spend a weekend completing the project.

MatthewTheTheif
04-16-2006, 08:20 AM
haha, i went LP over a year, i didnt trust myself to drill my stock valve, then it became the only part i needed and i didnt have $30 for a new valve, so i just drilled it out, i still need to get it all dialed in, but hey, for playing once in the past year, i still have some time

Spinal
04-16-2006, 07:32 PM
thanks for the input guys and druid yellow is the worst text colour ever lol i had to highlight it so i could see without killing my eyeballs. what i mean by semi LP is, the valve spring in my gun right now (the stock one) is rediculously hard, i mean its like twice as hard as the "hard" one is in the 32 spring kit, so i dont know how low i can go before it stops opening. and the maddman valve is double($80)the price of the NDZ valve where i am located. so basically i want to go as low as i can while using the stock valve spring, which is super hard.

emf7301
04-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Does anyone know much about the Bandit Bolts High Flow Valve? It costs less than the NDZ and has good reviews on pbreview (http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/?year=&sort=most&prod=2466). I'm in the same boat as you spinal. Wanna go lp but not break the bank.