PDA

View Full Version : Want an awesome new toy?!?

crimsonguard
04-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Last week one of the guys I work with brought in this little remote controlled plane. It is only 9" wide, made from a special foam. You may have seen them... they are called Aero Ace by Air Hogs or maybe x-wings. Mine is the Aero Ace. 6 colours and three channels.

After watching him whip this thing around at break, I knew I had to have one. :p I always wanted an R/C plane or heli, but they cost hundreds and when they land, well, its back to the hobby shop to get repair parts. These things cost $39.99 cdn, pretty sure it's only $29.99 us. You can find it at Toys R Us.

I picked one up, the same day. I cannot get enough of it. You can crash it into anything, pick it up, toss it and fly again. I typed the name of it in google and found an R/C forum. These R/C enthusiats are going crazy over them, and over christmas they pretty much sold out.

DO NOT fly in moderate winds..... this thing will say bye bye. I have lost it to a rooftop I think( I couldn't find it anywhere). It stormed hard that night. Believe it or not the next day I went to buy another and on the way back from the store I drive down the street where I lost it, and there it was. Took it home, charged it up and it works as if it had never left the box. I now have the second one which I am holding onto. My niece's B-day is around the corner. :rolleyes: Great product. Here is a link to the mods site where you can find some video of it flying: http://www.aeroacemods.com/aam/gallery/videos.asp :D

DyNasty9
04-14-2006, 03:58 PM
wow those are pretty cool. how long does the battery last.

Ares
04-14-2006, 03:59 PM
what kind of range can you control the plane from?

druid
04-14-2006, 04:35 PM
rig an airsoft firing system onto it and shoot 6mm paintballs...:dodgy:

Hob Hayward
04-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Battery last 10 minutes, range 300 ft.

I want one!

bigred76
04-15-2006, 12:47 AM
rig an airsoft firing system onto it and shoot 6mm paintballs...:dodgy:
Druid...you read my mind. :D I want one now!

druid
04-15-2006, 12:48 AM
lol

*EM1-Master*
04-15-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm totally buying one of these today or tomorrow... These things look like a blast... :)

ricochet08
04-15-2006, 08:11 AM
i might have to gone head n' pick 1 up :)

crimsonguard
04-16-2006, 05:48 PM
LOLOLOLOL I knew it would have a good response.. I love this thing. I have put about 20 flights on it so far. Throttle control is key. If there is little or no wind, the response is unbelievable. The battery has lasted up to 15 mins this varies with how much throttling and manuvering is done. There have been some range issues, some do not fly very far at all. Take it right back.

I have had mine about the 200' range, but that far is is very difficult to see which direction is going in. :p I have smashed it into the ground(gravel, concrete, etc.) buildings, trees, light poles, you cannot break it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have read much about these little wonders in "rcgroups" and "wattflyer" forums. Most of those people buy these planes just for the guts, and make there own design. Not for me. They do have some awesome mods such as LED lighting which I hope to be doing later this week. I wanna fly at night when the wind is calm!!! :D :D :D PS:The first day my buddy showed it to us, he said: "I'd like to see you try and shoot it outta the air with your PB gun." "Are you kidding?!? I'll saw that thing right in half!!!" lolol