PDA

View Full Version : can u screw tank into foregrip?

eatpeas
04-13-2006, 04:35 PM
my bottom line on my imagine has a leak near the fittings so i took the foregrip/expansion chamber off and screwed the tank right up in there. i didnt have any co2 so i dont know if it will work. has anyone ever done this.

WhatThaSmurf
04-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Yes, you can screw your tank in directly. I have never done this, but I know it works.

Zenin
04-13-2006, 05:06 PM
my bottom line on my imagine has a leak near the fittings so i took the foregrip/expansion chamber off and screwed the tank right up in there. i didnt have any co2 so i dont know if it will work. has anyone ever done this.

Yes it will work, however with no expansion chamber or such you're running a higher risk of sending liquid CO2 into your gun, which it won't like much.

Sure the leak isn't just an o-ring you can replace cheap?

Hob Hayward
04-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Well, the tank being vert, less chance of liquid coming off the bottom of the tank, and entering the marker, it's basically an antisiphon almost. So you should get better results, in theory of course.

druid
04-13-2006, 09:09 PM
thi vertical set up is good unless your tank is antisiphonned...that would be bad

ooglieboogliebob
04-14-2006, 12:38 AM
^^... yeah it'd be a siphon tube then ... (druid your holding up pretty good on the typing ;))

Fixing the bottomline with the leak ... should be fixed with some teflon tape on the fitting of the hose ...

Zenin
04-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Now that I think about it there probably isn't a pin in the ASA to open the CO2 tank (there isn't on my XTRA)...so while you could screw it on, it wouldn't work. You'd need to change or modify the block.

ooglieboogliebob
04-14-2006, 01:00 AM
actually ... the imagine has it i believe.. the newer guns don't though ... the ones with the weird foregrips ... like the XTRA, TL-R, Pilot .. those .. :p...

Hob Hayward
04-14-2006, 06:22 AM
Yep, imagines have em, mine doesn't anymore, but it used to... I tried using it once like that because I was too lazy to screw the foregrip back on and reatach somthing I don't really remeber. Of course that was just to test stuff.