PDA

View Full Version : Ordered some Reballs....

bamf-hacker
04-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey all...

I ordered some Reballs today to use in the basement for testing, videos, etc...

Those of you that have them already, how do you stop them from bouncing all over. What do you shoot them into?

Cant wait for them to get here :)

HacKeR

Drefish99
04-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Fluffy blanket and a hamper. Turn your halo around so that it feeds better at a downward angle. Make sure your detents are in good shape.

bamf-hacker
04-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Fluffy blanket and a hamper. Turn your halo around so that it feeds better at a downward angle. Make sure your detents are in good shape.

I have brand new kila detents for the Ion, that should suffice right?

HacKeR

thechubbss12
04-12-2006, 05:25 PM
HALOS HATE REBALLS.......

Yea hope you have a rip drive on your halo or you will be manua;y unjamming it alot =)

Muddytaco
04-12-2006, 06:07 PM
yes halo paddles are to tall for the reballs so half the time it jams b/c it trys to push 2 through the raceway. If you have an extra paddle shave it down so it fits the height of the reball it will help greatly.

bamf-hacker
04-12-2006, 06:07 PM
hummm... yes i do have a rip drive. I guess i will see how well they work when I get them.

HacKeR

ooglieboogliebob
04-12-2006, 07:04 PM
hmm.. you could use your closet ... and on your clothes hanger put a blanket on it ... and a collection tray (maybe another blanket) at the bottom ... as long as you have space after the clothes hanger...

Clothes hanger = thing you hook the real close hangers on ..... didn't know what it was called ... :p ... clothes hanger pole ...?? *shrugs*

ricochet08
04-12-2006, 07:12 PM
i put a few old tiles into a bucket and fire away :)

druid
04-12-2006, 09:05 PM
meh....just get a box and stretch rubberbands across the opening and shoot through them.

DRAGON
04-12-2006, 10:14 PM
I've been thinking of getting some of these since I like testing things and all but don't want the cops called on me for shooting outside. Does anybody know, are the velocities similar shooting these as they are paint? That is to say, if I chrono 280fps at home, will it be the relative velocity shooting paint once on the field? I'm thinking since they're rubber they may be a little heavier and cause more friction in the barrel than paint. Seems they would shoot at a lower velocity for those factors -

Wonder if these (http://cgi.ebay.com/Same-as-Reballs-Half-the-price-50-Rusballs_W0QQitemZ7233772105QQcategoryZ16049QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) are any good? he has 100% positive feedback hmmmmmmm.....

Ares
04-13-2006, 06:24 AM
those rusballs you linked to says that they must be used at 230 fps or lower to work correctly

Elfmaze
04-13-2006, 06:59 AM
hmm well there way over priced for 500 rounds but there will be competition popping up that will bring that down. i like the reball concept. do they fire the same? i will be doing alot of testing the next few weeks and could use not waisting 5c a ball.

Hob Hayward
04-13-2006, 10:50 AM
I heard that reballs were bad for your barrel, that you oughta us em only with like your stock barrel, assuming you don't use your stock barrel...

I like the concept too, but I just shoot real PB's in my backyard, no one cares... Even barrel off to test recocking its like a gunshot, no one cared, I was almost surpsrised no one called over to tell me to stop...

Elfmaze
04-13-2006, 10:58 AM
the reason there "bad" is that people don't wash them after every shot. its like picking up a paint ball off the ground and shooting it. also if you shoot reballs into har dsurfaces it can damage there coating and then damage a barrel. You gota keep em clean. Too bad reball sees it as a huge cash maker. they could charge probably equal to real paint prices and still make money. they just figure they will not have repeat customers.

bamf-hacker
04-14-2006, 04:05 PM
I just checked and they will be here on Monday. I will do a complete test through my Zeggy and Halo B to see if they do in fact get stuck. Not sure how they would be bad for the barrel, but i will over bore anyway so it should be ok.

HacKeR

bamf-hacker
04-19-2006, 06:12 AM
OK i got the Reballs and did some drop tests in my Zeggy and Halo B.

Had no issues at all in the Zeggy. 140 balls dropped no lags or jams.

Halo B same 140 balls dropped, but there was a little lag sometimes, but also no jams.

I got my Foehn Body and once i have it installed I will do a on gun test and see what happens with both hoppers.

As for damage to the hopper/gun/barrel, I went to the Reball site and looked at the forums there. The designer of Reballs told the forum users that damage can be caused to hoppers and barrels, only if you have dirty balls (You have to chuckle at that :D) They say to wash them after every use. Even if they look clean the balls pick up fine dirt after being fired. He also says that they have NEVER had a gun damaged from using Reballs and that if they do damage a gun and you can show that it was Reballs that did it they will fix it for free.

Look for the on gun tests soon....

HacKeR

Mafia_Boss
04-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Wonder if these (http://cgi.ebay.com/Same-as-Reballs-Half-the-price-50-Rusballs_W0QQitemZ7233772105QQcategoryZ16049QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) are any good? he has 100% positive feedback hmmmmmmm.....

Someone told me they work great