PDA

View Full Version : just got my NDZ valve and........

ricochet08
04-12-2006, 12:59 PM
when i aired it up the 1st time, had no probs with it, worked fine.
come 2nd time around, i hear a leak :(
not external, but internal. like there wasn't a valve pin and cupseal to stop the air from goin throught valve.
o yea, i had my gun cocked before i aired it up.
so i thought to myself "hmmm....maybe a shot or two will stop the leak"
so i pull the trigger...but that didn't help.
my gun started firing super fast. i wouldn't say burping, but just super fast.
it would recock but never stopped leaking :(
the pin that stops the valve from moving too far into the marker is where i feel air coming from.

after i de-gas my marker, i disassemble it and check everything.
everything looks fine. everything is lubed nicely and not over done.

maybe i need a different valve spring???
i dunno :(
wat should i do:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

thx guys :)

edit: o yea forgot to ask about this:

which hole should i screw the bronze colored screw into, the big/wide one? or the small one?
or does it make a difference?
on the stock valve, both the top and bottom of the valve have holes. not where the valve pin goes, but where the screw goes. but im sure y'all knew that :p

edit 2: the leak is no longer among me :D but the maching gunning is still a problem

*EM1-Master*
04-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Try just pulling off the V/A, taking the valve pin out and putting it back in... It may just be a seating issue...

druid
04-12-2006, 01:15 PM
or the cup seal is bad

NB_Hacker_NB
04-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Make sure it isn't the valve. Put in the stock one.

ricochet08
04-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Try just pulling off the V/A, taking the valve pin out and putting it back in... It may just be a seating issue...

did it twice :(

Druid: cup seal is brand new

Hacker: put the stock one in, and it works fine.

im clueluess :(

DRAGON
04-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Mine leaked until I put the star cup seal guide back in and it was fine after. What pressure do you have it set at? If it's too low it may not be enough to keep the seal pressed hard enough to the valve body -

Nader
04-12-2006, 05:03 PM
could be the o-ring? or did you say you checked that?
I'm guessing either the spring isn't pushing hard enough on the cupseal, so try a harder spring or a higher pressure, if it turns out to not be the o-ring, that is.

thechubbss12
04-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Well new cup seals sometimes have sealing issues..... Well at least mine did.... did you check the valve and maybe MAYBE you put the valve in backwards? ive done it too many times to be funny so check it...

Also check the lower tube of you body... you might have scratched it while pushing the valve in and out

Hob Hayward
04-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Try with the star thing at first. But if that doesn't work, try what everyone else wa suggesting...

killerpinecone
04-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah what chubbs said make sure you didnt put the valve in backwards

ricochet08
04-12-2006, 07:31 PM
o yea forgot to ask about this:

which hole should i screw the bronze colored screw into, the big/wide one? or the small one?
or does it make a difference?
on the stock valve, both the top and bottom of the valve have holes. not where the valve pin goes, but where the screw goes. but im sure y'all knew that :p

DRAGON
04-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Umma.......there's only 1 way it can go on since 1 hole is completely blocked off lolzerz **HINT** "Look for the obvious"

ricochet08
04-12-2006, 08:24 PM
but i didn't know which hole should've been used to keep the valve in place :p

but i got it now :) the leak is no longer among me :D

now to only stop the machine gunning

and to answer ur questino dragon, i was running @ 200psi before i put the NDZ valve in. also, stock valve spring.
tried upping the pressure to make it stop. made it worse :(

DRAGON
04-12-2006, 08:30 PM
200psi at what velocity? That's way to low a pressure for a Spyder. Spyder's are meant for 300-400psi for best all around LP results. It's leaking at 200psi because that's too low a pressure to keep the valve closed properly. 200psi.......shame on you! - ;)

Nader
04-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Is it "machine gunning" with the regular valve too? It could be your sear, it may be worn down. Try sharpening it. And yes, 200psi is way too low, and not efficient at all either...

ricochet08
04-13-2006, 02:10 PM
hmmm....well, im not sure of the velocity, as i don't have a chronograph on hand :( but it's pretty low.

i turned the pressure up to 500psi, and it still did the same. :(

nader: wasnt machine gunning with the regular valve. i'll check the sear asap. :)

DRAGON
04-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Sometimes the Rocket valves have the same exact sealing probs. For those you can just take the seal and push it into the valve body while turning it. This seats or conforms the seal into the body -

ricochet08
04-14-2006, 04:34 PM
so wat ur saying dragon is, it makes a bit of a groove to provide for a better seal?

btw, i polished my sear up a bit, and the machine gunning stopped :D