PDA

View Full Version : My Friend Needs Your Help!!

mattie5960
04-11-2006, 05:12 PM
I just went to my friends house to play paintball last weekend. Anyways he never cleans his gun after games and his Imagine finaly just quit on him.

I took a look at it to see if i could figure it out and it turns out that his guns spring guide was missing altogether, the spring was rusted, he lost the original battery and charger so he couldnt fire the burst or full auto, and for some chrange reason the expansion chamber was leaking CO2 (I don't know how to fix that, never had the problem.)

So I ask you people whats wrong with his gun, and where i can get the parts listed above or how to fix them.

THANK YOU!

NitroBall
04-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Anyways he never cleans his gun after games and his Imagine finaly just quit on him.

i feel sry for your friends gun than feeling sorry for him.

get a replacement spring giude, a set of 32 degree spring kit for starters.
im sure if he gets some rechargable batteries and charger would be better than getting original . Mabe he already has some at home .
completely strip, Clean and lube the whole gun, i mean inside out , use car polish if needed in both chambers.
change all the O'rings.

where abouts on the expansion chamber does it leak ?
from the hose or at the VA end ?

WhatThaSmurf
04-11-2006, 05:50 PM
I've seen this before, and it is never good. I've cleaned paint out from under pieces that had never even been taken off. Definitely the 32* spring kit, and if he wants, a Shocktech shim kit instead of a new guide. The new battery should be a 9.6, not a 9 volt. Take apart the x-chamber and clean it. Like Nitro said, replace all the o-rings. Also put teflon tape on the hose threads before putting it back together.

druid
04-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I just went to my friends house to play paintball last weekend. Anyways he never cleans his gun after games and his Imagine finaly just quit on him.
Ummmm..duh?
I took a look at it to see if i could figure it out and it turns out that his guns spring guide was missing altogether, the spring was rusted, get new onehe lost the original battery and charger so he couldnt fire the burst or full auto, radio shackand for some chrange reason the expansion chamber was leaking CO2 unscrew it and add teflon to the threads(I don't know how to fix that, never had the problem.)

So I ask you people whats wrong with his gun, and where i can get the parts listed above or how to fix them.
THANK YOU!

Q: what's wrong with this gun?
A: your friend.

druid
04-12-2006, 01:22 AM
any one of the sites in this thread will have the parts you need....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=341

Hob Hayward
04-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Do what the Smurf said, hes got it right on. Remind your friend that spyders arn't tippmanns, and so sadly they're not as durable as tippmanns, but they are better :P

WhatThaSmurf
04-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Rather that they are not Tippmanns, so they are meant for intelligent people that don't need idiot-assist damage proofing.

davidthegr8
04-12-2006, 06:22 PM
tippmanns are awesome but spyders are better

ooglieboogliebob
04-12-2006, 06:57 PM
.. i hate tippmanns ... they're such a pain in the butt to put back together .... the some spring always somehow seems to pop out ...

Spyders do need a cleaning after every game for tip top performance ... and this is very recommended .. unless your stupid, and just don't care ...

BTW ... if your friends not gonna fix it .. i'll totally take it ;) ... it'd be another project gun