PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered

Slammed0
04-11-2006, 03:54 PM
The All American Barrel! Can't wait until it gets here. I just went with all black since my ACS near the barrel is black anyways. Next is the Halo B with Rip Drive!!! :)

pman15
04-11-2006, 04:15 PM
haha lucky i have 2 order my things 2morrow
im gettin the viewloader evolution II smoke with the z board upgrade kit

Slammed0
04-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Now onto the Halo B! I am wondering if I should get the Victory board with it. Although I think that up to 22/bps is plenty of feeding for my Pilot.

emf7301
04-13-2006, 03:14 PM
unless you upgrade the board for your pilot, there is no need to get something that can feed faster than 20 bps so the victory board would just be extra that isn't really needed. you can always get it later if you decide you need it.

Hob Hayward
04-13-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm gonna bet you can't pull more than 15 (you never need more than that really), unless your a serious speedballer... Besides you never need to shoot that much, plus it wastes your money to shoot that fast, I prefer the accuracy over quantity,

vikingshadow
04-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Well, physically, it's impossible for the human fingers to sustain speeds over 17 bps or somewhere around there without some kind of electronic help. Having a loader that feeds faster than 22 bps is pretty much nothing but bragging rights...unless you plan on getting that upgrade board with full auto or ramping capabilities above those numbers.

Remember the "walking" wars that went on about a year or two ago? Everyone was just dying to go faster than 14 bps, then all of a sudden everyone was hitting speeds in excess of 20 bps or more....it was pretty bad! I'm proud to say that I can hit probably 14-15 bps in 1-3 second bursts, but that's about it.

Now, before anyone goes on about how it's a waste of paint to shoot fast, it's not. If you need to hold a player in their bunker during a speedball game or in the woods, it's a lot easier to keep them from snapping out at you with 15 bps coming at them rather than 10. It also gives your teammate a chance to get a better angle on that player if they can't seem them move when you're unloading on them. Balls are closer together, they don't have the time to react correctly. One shot one kill? Yeah, but the setup takes work!

Slammed0
04-13-2006, 04:49 PM
All I know is that the Halo has gotten great reviews and the lame Quantum I have now (8 bps) just cannot keep up with my full auto. Or if I am shooting fast for that matter.

Hob Hayward
04-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Ah, you use auto. I keep my imagine in semi, I pick my shots, because all I play is woodsball, generally with ~6 people, so Its solid strategy there, sneak attacks are what give me victory, not putting down a wall of paint.

Slammed0
04-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Well I don't always use auto. Sometimes its just fun to use.

vikingshadow
04-13-2006, 05:03 PM
All I know is that the Halo has gotten great reviews and the lame Quantum I have now (8 bps) just cannot keep up with my full auto. Or if I am shooting fast for that matter.

The Quantum is the anti-loader of the loader world. I actually think it feeds BACKWARDS and slows you down. Honestly, I can't believe Viewloader still makes them....

The Halo is a good loader. You'll like it a lot, especially after that Quantum! LOL!

emf7301
04-13-2006, 05:51 PM
i bought a reloader 2 used, cleaned it up and it runs well. I can't confirm it's max speed or 12-13 bps as i can't walk faster than it but i can let you know after sat when i go with some friends who can do about 16 bps in a burst. Can't beat a good loader for $30 in my opinion but it's whatever you like so have at it :smash:

Slammed0
04-13-2006, 08:40 PM
The Quantum is the anti-loader of the loader world. I actually think it feeds BACKWARDS and slows you down. Honestly, I can't believe Viewloader still makes them....

The Halo is a good loader. You'll like it a lot, especially after that Quantum! LOL!

LOL! Yep! The thing SUCKS!! I didn't know any better going into it. Man did I learn a lesson. :D

ooglieboogliebob
04-14-2006, 12:34 AM
well .. if you buy an eggy used you can get it for pretty cheap ... good condition and all ... i'd probably go for that for a first loader than a quantum ...>.<

druid
04-14-2006, 06:26 AM
if you stay with a stock board... a "y" boarded egg will do fine...if you upgrade to a tboard, the "z" board or Halo/Reloader B will do nicely too

Angel69
04-14-2006, 08:36 AM
i used a reloader b with mine

Slammed0
04-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey, anybody have a Halo B? I was curious to see if the thing fit into our guns fine. I would hate to have to do any modifications to it. I just heard that some loaders don't fit into the neck adapters. :shrug:

ooglieboogliebob
04-14-2006, 03:47 PM
yeah it should fit fine .. as long as you have a clamping feedneck .. if it's an elbow .. it'll still work too ...

Slammed0
04-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Saweeeeet!!! My barrel came today. Looks small in the packages for some reason lol. Can't wait to try it out.

ooglieboogliebob
04-19-2006, 01:50 AM
measure it :) .. should come out to your length your looking for ...