PDA

View Full Version : Help me I'm dumb

beau
04-11-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm having some problems with my gun. It is chopin like crazy. I have the bolt wore in and every thing. Would the reg or how far the spring is pushed in effect anything.:confused:

thechubbss12
04-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Humm seeing as you said you have broken in the bolt...... So im gunna say you need to check the face of your bolt for any impurities.....

Then you will probibly need to lessen the spring tension..... if you are using C02 then you need to get a Anti Siphon just becasue you gun will run alot smoother.....

After all that it should stop the chopping =)

druid
04-11-2006, 02:47 PM
search button working?

nbishop66
04-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Druid you are tough. LOL

vikingshadow
04-13-2006, 03:28 PM
First of all, and this may or may not be a stupid question, but are you sure it's chopping? Could they be barrel breaks instead?

beau
04-13-2006, 04:38 PM
I dunno I have a brand new smart parts barrel so you wouldnt think so anyways and the balls I use are elites so they arnt to bad but not the best. Now if I put a normal hopper on will it chop the paint on full auto or just drie fire

vikingshadow
04-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Ok, a chop is when the ball doesn't fall all the way into the breech and the bolt chops the ball in half. A barrel break is when the ball doesn't fit the barrel very well and is "squeezed" and breaks, or if there is an imperfection in the barrel like a burr. You can usually tell because of the spray pattern out of the barrel, or I can, anyways!

Just because the barrel is a Smart Parts barrel doesn't mean the balls will fit. You need to do a ball to barrel fit. Put a ball in the end of the barrel. If it rolls right through with no problems, probably not barrel problems. If it fits in and you blow it out with very little or just a little effort, that's a decent ball to barrel fit. An odd ball or two MIGHT break. If you put it in and can't blow it out, the match is bad and you'll be guaranteed to have barrel breaks.

Another way to determine chops is if there is paint on the bolt - like it's covered in it. Or if your bolt locks forward when you shoot because the ball jams it. It could be caused because you're shooting faster than your loader can feed, or a bad bolt like was mentioned before.

beau
04-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Yea thanks. The reason this is so hard is cause there are so many variables and I dont no which one is causeing it. I guess I will just have to eliminate them one by one but thanks again.:)

ooglieboogliebob
04-14-2006, 03:07 PM
umm... try to get an electro hopper ... most likely an eggy ... that'll eliminate one problem ..

Then take your paint and try to see if your paint'll go through your barrel easily by just pushing it through, rolling through ... or not at all .. if it's not at all .. get different paint ...

Lastly .. look for imperfections .. in your bolt and barrel ... and remember to clean your gun .. one chop usually leads to the next ...

beau
04-17-2006, 08:27 PM
I went out today and rocked um. It was kingman against tippmann and we were tied and it was 1 on 1 and we both got out at the same time"what are the odds" but we went one on one again and he posted up and thought that he would out shoot me lol WRONG I walked faster than he can think and I made him tast failure or scorch paintballs.

This is completely off subject but who prays for satin? who, in eighteen centures, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it the most. I have been praying for him to stop sinning and I dunno if this is just cawincadence but alot of bad things have happend to me sence I have started but things are really getting better like today excuse the spelling like it says I'm dumb lol:) :)

rzimmer17
04-18-2006, 02:20 PM
what about blowback, does the paint end up in the hopper

beau
04-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Yea mine does somtimes and it makes me really mad.:mad:

druid
04-18-2006, 05:08 PM
bolt Orings will help stop blowback

rzimmer17
04-20-2006, 06:03 PM
when i first got my fenix it worked fine, but I upgraded my bolt to a delrin acs and i was chopping bad even after breaking the bolt in. Of course the chat room was my next stop because breaking paint is bad enough but when it ends up in the hopper thats just a waste. Any who I was advised to drill 2 very small holes in my feed neck and whala it works

ooglieboogliebob
04-21-2006, 12:40 PM
yeah, it does work .. the derlin bolts usually tend to be a blowback problem because there's no o-rings on the bolt ... i love the sunbear bolts ... as well as the aka lighting

Paintballranger
04-21-2006, 11:11 PM
So your gun is working now?

beau
04-23-2006, 01:59 PM
My gun works great but we will see if it the same deal this week end:)

Hob Hayward
04-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Well if the inside of your body is too large- kingman has bad tolerances
It can cause turbulence and then breakage because of that. My brother has a mongoose 2 (stock w/ a delrin bolt) and he was getting weird chop problems. I read about how the older ACS's were messed up in size and caused turbulence, and realized that that might be the prob, put in my stock spyder bolt, and magically the chops were gone.

A little side theory is that if too much liquid or super cold c02 enters your gun and then skrinks the bolt a bit alowing for that turbulence and blowback. This is my little theory, because when I played in the winter, this happened to all my friends with delrin bolts, and NOT to my friends without them... (in winter more liquid co2 enters your gun cause its colder out and thus tank doean't warm up yada yada)

Paintballranger
04-24-2006, 02:15 AM
My problem with my fenix was the piston in the electronic trigger was too long causing the chopping and it still chopping after it was fix And I was told to use nitro and Im waiting on my arrival of nitro tank to see if it corrects it

Hob Hayward
04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Wait a sec, how could the solenoid cause a chop? The length of the solenoid shoulf have nothing to do with how the gun fires all, all it des is release the striker, it can't be released too hard or anything...

FenixAggrevation
12-22-2006, 02:49 PM
This is completely off subject but who prays for satin? who, in eighteen centures, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it the most. I have been praying for him to stop sinning and I dunno if this is just cawincadence but alot of bad things have happend to me sence I have started but things are really getting better like today excuse the spelling like it says I'm dumb lol:) :)
I know this is an old post but i had to comment.

God sees the end, before the beginning. God will not show Satan mercy. Either due to His devine providence or because Satan will never repent. If redemption was possible for Satan, then God would provide a way. But He has said what will become of Satan, and it ain't pretty. He has however provided a way for mankind, and does not want us to choose Satan's eternity for ourselves.

druid
12-22-2006, 03:51 PM
I know this is an old post but i had to comment.

God sees the end, before the beginning. God will not show Satan mercy. Either due to His devine providence or because Satan will never repent. If redemption was possible for Satan, then God would provide a way. But He has said what will become of Satan, and it ain't pretty. He has however provided a way for mankind, and does not want us to choose Satan's eternity for ourselves.

um.....eeyeah......ok...this thread died like....8 months ago...and...let's leave theology out of paintball. No matter how much praying anyone does, I'll still bunker them.

Leave the dead threads buried please
kthanksmmmmmbyebye

DRAGON
12-22-2006, 04:23 PM
On that note.....closed.......