PDA

View Full Version : possible upgrades???

tooooslow
04-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Im fairly new to paintball so bare with me. Is there any aftermarket parts that will work on the mr2 that will make it more efficient besides a barrel? like maybe a bolt, low pressure chamber or something in that nature?

thanks

Eric182
04-11-2006, 03:18 PM
I run my MR-2 off of compressed air with a remote line. I like the remote cause it takes weight off the already heavy gun. Aaaannnddd...yeah, I also have a EvoII and a Apex barrel. Its a pretty good set up I think.

pman15
04-11-2006, 04:00 PM
there are hundreds of upgrades 4 the spyder{but here are the good ones}
barrels{doesn't hurt 2 get a new one}- j&j cemaric 14" inch
electric hoppers-viewloader evolution with z board
feedneck-don't know much about them so i can't really say an upgrade 4 that{but www.actionvillage.com sells them}
compressed air- heard that it would be best 2 run it at 800psi{correct me if i'm wrong]
grips{just 2 make it look cool}-dye spyder sticky 3
sight rails- i believe it comes with a sight rail{correct me if i'm wrong

and those are the only upgrades i can really think of

Mach1
04-11-2006, 05:15 PM
yeah, I also have a EvoII and a Apex barrel. Its a pretty good set up I think.

How have you liked it so far?

I just ordered one, and I would like to know how accurate it is for you.

Thanks

Eric182
04-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Jeez
Seriously, I have no idea why people rag on it so much. It's extremely accurate. It's also extremely consistant and makes tight groupings. I also love the range you can get from it. I used it on the weekend and was shooting across the field at the other team (not really hitting them, but making them take cover). I've used other barrels (Teardrops, Tillers) and they don't compare to this.

I think it also looks cool on my MR-2 and makes for a good conversational piece.

Mach1
04-11-2006, 06:17 PM
thanks

NextoN
04-12-2006, 01:43 PM
the mr2 is the same as all the other spyders just that it's build more solid. That means that you can upgrade the bolt if you want. The spring, the hammer and so on I think it's possible to get a expansion chamber for it as well. But the main upgrades are:

DETENT
Hopper that feeds 13bps+(electronic hopper for no misfires)
Barrel(j&j ceramic 14)
Remote( I use the kingman remote and it saves my air in a strange way)
Red dot dight and other decorative junk.

But after these upgrades your gonna manage just fine but if you etc get a new striker like this http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/item/1583576/1976254.htm
you will get rid of that major recoil and then you could get a 50 Gram Micro Switch that lightens the trigger pull so you can walk the trigger easyer and fire more bps.

Hob Hayward
04-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Really the only thing worth geting ff the bat would be a new barrel, the new Smart Parts progressive barrel is very good, along wit hthe J&J ceramic.

Apart from a barrel, unless you intend on laying down masses of paint, don't bother with anything yet.

Read up at www.ottersccustoms.com The mr2 isn't on his site, but it is in essence the same as almost every other spyder internally.

Voodoo27909
04-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Once again folks....the '06 progressive barrel WILL NOT FIT THE MR2 due to the shroud on the marker

NextoN
04-13-2006, 04:25 AM
You could take of the shroud but it will look DAMN ugly heh :p

Chapman88
04-13-2006, 03:18 PM
I just got my mr2. is the 16", j&j to long?, does the 14" do the job for long shots?, ands wut is this myth of break in stage?

tex
04-13-2006, 06:08 PM
14" will do the job. 16" will just get in the way and slow your ball down. If your talking about the acs break in myth, it's no myth make sure you do it.

Eric182
04-14-2006, 10:33 AM
You could take of the shroud but it will look DAMN ugly heh :p

....You can't do that.....unless you like take your gun to like a chop saw and cut the first inch and a half off the gun....but i hardly think doing that for a barrel is worth it.

NextoN
04-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Nooo you don't need to saw off the gun!! You just screw of the grip at then you screw of the shround! And then you have taken the shroud off so that means you can do it without cutting you marker in two peaces !:cool:

raphael
04-26-2006, 06:31 PM
I use CO2, and I know i need to switch. Does anyone know of a good Expansion Chamber that fits inside the stock forward hand grip? I assume thats where is needs to go.

tex
04-26-2006, 06:55 PM
I use co2 as well and I have no intention on switching. Try using a remote. It sure is alot cheaper than hpa. As far as the expansion chamber I'm not real sure if they make on small enough to fit. I have a remote and when I fire I get next to no co2 smoke at all.

Victory
04-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Try buying a CO2 tank cover and sticking hand warmers in it. I have heard it helps, although I haven't tried it myself.

new_Faction64
04-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Victory I've thought about it, and my guess is that can be dangerous because when the tank is warm, it might have the potential to warm up the C02 too much and cause the pressure inside to rise...I'm not sure if this is a realistic problem, but just what I was guessing

new_Faction64
04-27-2006, 01:31 PM
I use CO2, and I know i need to switch. Does anyone know of a good Expansion Chamber that fits inside the stock forward hand grip? I assume thats where is needs to go.

What's the dimensions of the foregrip, inside?

Victory
04-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Victory I've thought about it, and my guess is that can be dangerous because when the tank is warm, it might have the potential to warm up the C02 too much and cause the pressure inside to rise...I'm not sure if this is a realistic problem, but just what I was guessing

Hmmm...very true. Has anyone here tried this?

Hob Hayward
04-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Well shouldn't be any different than playing in summer, but, the tanks are rated for up to 1200 psi I think, so the tank won't kapow on you, but it would give uncontrolably high FPS if it was way to warm.

new_Faction64
04-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Well shouldn't be any different than playing in summer, but, the tanks are rated for up to 1200 psi I think, so the tank won't kapow on you, but it would give uncontrolably high FPS if it was way to warm.

Hmm, forgot about summer (I jsut got into paintball this fall lol) :p

tex
05-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Hand warmers will work if you get the right ones, but if its above 45 of 50 you will be fine.