PDA

View Full Version : Techno

xNinja-Dolphinx
04-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm looking for some cool techno music, I figue katt will be the one to know them all, I have the postal service and Jahcoozi, and I like thier music but I want some more.

Also what is the difference between techno, house, dance, etc.?

*EM1-Master*
04-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Bahaha just wait for Katt... ;)

marvin-martian
04-10-2006, 03:06 PM
these threads are all too common

xNinja-Dolphinx
04-10-2006, 04:33 PM
these threads are all too common
sorry???

colonel_moo
04-10-2006, 06:15 PM
yeah, they are really common, but whatever.

ziggy X is my favorite by far. look up "bassdusche", "x-rulez", "thiz rox", "energizer", "high speed flash" etc.
DJ tiesto is also good

i also like prodigy, but im not sure if that really counts as techno.

DJ Katt RMX
04-11-2006, 12:36 AM
trance, techno, house, trip hop, happy hardcore, electronica, even industrial, all is in the electronica family, but each has it's own distinct sound and feeling. drum and bass is the most hardcore style (crystal method), while industrial has stuck to itself from where electronica originated: Kraftwerk. that right kiddies, goth is the original techno. stuff like alot of marylin manson, nine inch nails, especially skinny puppy, prodigy and the likes are all more similar to the orignal stuff than the others. although Trance is my favorite. trance is stuff that you'll likely hear a lot of on the radio, at least more so than anything else. Cascada and Armin Van Burrin, trance is the beautiful, emotional techno, haunting feelings that are expressed through the beats and rythm. happy hardcore is ghey. never listen to it unless you're on crack.
even then, go kill yourself afterwords because you listened to happy hardcore while you were on crack, and your braincells have already packed their bags up and left. the generic techno isn't that great either, just some repetitive beats that can really suck. trip hop is a jazzy style of techno, kinda nifty, not my thing. house can be badass, though. house is upbeat, dancable... can't explain. i could say daft punk is house, but perhaps not. fatboy slim is house. most of his stuff is, anyway.. there others, not worth typing about, i guess.

Trance picks:
Oakenfold
Cascada
Van Burrin (SP)
Ian Van dahl
Darude
Miss Jane
Lasgo
Plummet
and so much more.
i guess one day i should attempt a playlist. maybe not... that would take somany hours to type...

DJ Katt RMX
04-11-2006, 12:39 AM
http://www.myspace.com/djkattrmx

there some music there and then some. click for a bunch on me, and you'll hear some of my remixes too