PDA

View Full Version : drilling a tl+ for eyes

Elfmaze
04-10-2006, 05:20 AM
were these forums reset a few months back there is not much in the archives? but anyway i have a tl+ and i would like to add eyes if it still chops after i get my q loader. Is there anyway to run breakbeam eyes with that huge powerfeed tube on the side of the marker?

druid
04-10-2006, 02:49 PM
It's possible...you would be drilling under the anglefeed at (near) the bottom of the breech. I'd say drill straight through from the opposide side of the feed but be creative when it comes to a cover...perhaps by attaching something to the frame just below it and extend up to cover the eye...something reminiscant of angel eye covers that connect to the frame and reach up to cover the wires/LED

Elfmaze
04-24-2006, 07:58 PM
as described in my othe rmian post in general forums. you can drill this beast adn i think its possible to make it work with the power feed but straight across was too low, so i'm thinking about raising the detent side a bit to catch more of the ball.

shunut
04-25-2006, 04:48 AM
Did you ask me about this in a pm before? I couldn't remember who did because I accidentally erased the pm. If it was you let me know.

edited:

If it was you, ok, if not here is my opinion anyway. I just got done looking over my Shutter body and I think it can be done. Like druid said you will need to modify the eye covers to fit but I think thats the easy part. I'm more concern on whether or not the actual eye is going to get in the way of the paintballs when they are feeding into the breech. From my experience with drilling eyes they would sit right about exactly where the bottom of the power feed is. A bouncebeam eye, although not as good as the breakbeam, I think might be a better choice. Not saying that the breakbeams can't be done, I just think for a Spyder it would be too much work.

Elfmaze
04-25-2006, 10:06 AM
yeah that was me. after not hearing bakc from anyone i said f it and had into it witht the drill press. now i'm just trying to make it work.

shunut
04-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Man I'm sorry. I accidentally deleted your pm so I got home that day, looked at my shutter then came in to pm you back and your pm was gone and I forgot your sn. Sorry again bud.

Elfmaze
04-25-2006, 04:28 PM
tell ya what look at my other thread and give some good advice on my situation and i'll forgive ya, lol