PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! CO2 Is messing up + bolt problem

ToXiC
04-09-2006, 08:59 PM
hey,
Like this past weekend i was playing some pb at my friend place and i had turned my gun on full auto and the got jammed after like 6 shots, like it was well wedged in there. also after i got my bolt fixed and re oiled, there was like liquid Co2 comming out of my barrel and my paintballs had no more accuracy and would drop after like 5 feet.

Im using the following parts on my gun:
- 14" PMI razzor
- VL Revolution 12v
- 9 ounce Steel Co2
- Stock Bolt
- Zap paintballs

Help would be great because i don't know what to do.......
like was it my hooper that was the cause of the jam and like was my velocity the cause of the liquid Co2???? I thought the expansion chamber was supost to stop that from happening. Do I need a anti-siphon tube or a regulator on my gun to fix that problem??? Because my gun was shooting fine for like the first 30 shots on just semi (its was ssssoooo accurate)...
Please Help Please!!!

Toxic

druid
04-09-2006, 10:23 PM
hey,
Like this past weekend i was playing some pb at my friend place and i had turned my gun on full auto and the got jammed after like 6 shots, like it was well wedged in there.

and

Because my gun was shooting fine for like the first 30 shots on just semi (its was ssssoooo accurate)...
Please Help Please!!!

Toxic

hrm...what do you think?

I'd say use the search button because this issue is addressed/answered in like 400 posted questions already

pman15
04-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Well i once had Zap paintballs too. They didn't work out 2 good 4 me. They went a few feet and started dropping.They did go straight 4 me but they would drop almost immediatly. That could be one reason why your paintballs aren't going far.

P.S. I'd suggest scorch paintballs. They fly straight and do not drop. Wen't through a whole bag and not one broke. That is my opinion of why u should get scorch paintballs.

NB_Hacker_NB
04-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Get HPA.

ToXiC
04-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Ok, i could see that the paintballs could be a problem of the accuracy. but why would Co2 be comming out of my barrel in a liquid state???
How much would it cost around to convert the imagine to HPA, like do i need to replace almost everything just to make it work (like the valve, bolt, expansion chamber, springs low pressure chamber)????

And i do apoligize if this is a common problem and there are many other posts just like this, i just like to be answered directly to me......

alk1979
04-10-2006, 01:48 PM
An anti siphon tube will fix that I never had a problem with freezing like my friends did. Now almost all of us went hpa and its awesome.

As for the cost to switch over all you need is the tank and a place to get it filled. If you play at a field that fills hpa there should be no reason to pay mega bucks for an exspensive tank but remember that a 3000psi 48ci tank is about the same size as a 20oz co2 tank but it will only get you half as many shots per tank.

I personally use a scuba tank to refill from but if cost is an issue I wouldn't go that route.

*EM1-Master*
04-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Don't worry about druid... He's just grumpy! We're happy to help you out personally... Haha

Antisyphon is going to help a LOT with the snow issue...

The oil is likely an issue with the accuracy... A lot of times if you oil stuff then just go shoot with the barrel on, the barrel will get oil in it, and you get wingers, divers, etc... Rinse your barrel, and for good measure, wash it out with some dish-soap... That'll get rid of any oil in there... When you oil your gun, try not to drown it, and after you do oil, fire about 10 shots without the barrel or paint, then wipe out the breech with a paper towel or something... Repeat ~3 times... Will help a bit...

Jamming was probably caused by the hopper... Revvys are better than shake and shoots, but by no means consistent... But yeah...

druid
04-10-2006, 02:42 PM
EM1...not grumpy, just stating a fact. This question is researchable and answers are faster-retrieved by using the search feature than posting the (same) question and waiting for answers...and take up more and more space on the board.

this is what cam e up when I typed in the term "problems chopping" to the search bar...

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/search.php?searchid=10914

ToXiC
04-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Well,
I listened to the Master and did as he said, I cleaned out the barrel completely and made sure that it was spot free. I cleaned and oiled my bolt ( trying not to “drown” my marker in oil). And once I did that I took it out side and fired like 15 shots without paint or the barrel on. I wiped out the breech and had let it sit for a min. Got my barrel out and screwed it on, fired 30 shots on semi (not shooting fast or anything, just a steady stream of balls) and the accuracy was back up to what it was. I had hit my target like 27 out of the 30 shots. I’m going to get an anti-siphon tube sometime in the next few days. Thanks Master. Now I do have another question though…… Do I have to do anything special to hook up the anti-siphon tube?? Or is it like something simple to put on???

Thanks again,
ToXiC

ooglieboogliebob
04-10-2006, 07:18 PM
ACtually ... it's really not that simple ... and if your not very skilled ... i wouldn't do it

Red loctite
Anti-siphon tube
Fitting
Vice
Leather
Wrench

.. those are what you need.. but druid does have these pic'sfor the steps of the anti-siphon process .. ask him if you really want it ...

ToXiC
04-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Well... Im sure that I could do it if I was very carefull and went slowly step by step. But After that post I had called up a near by proshop and they'll do it for $20 no problem. Since $20 isn't that much and it will give me and my fellow players some peice of mind, I think that i'll do that.

Thanks for all the help that you guys have been giving me, I know my questions are asked on a daily basis and must annoy you's to the full extent. :( But you know, you further my growing knowledge of these markers and in paintball markers in general so I won't do the wrong thing in the end and ruin a perfectly good marker.

Thanks again everyone, :waytogo: :up: :yay: :up:
ToXiC

Hob Hayward
04-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Hey, glad you asked, no one really minds as much as druid, especially if you bother to spell right, and can explain what the problem is.

ooglieboogliebob
04-13-2006, 01:03 PM
yeah .. druid minds a lot ... :dodgy:

Actually he's right ... it does get fustrating time after time typing the same thing for the same answer so many times when you could use this special place ...
AHH !! I'M MAGIC !!! (http://spyder.tv/forums/search.php)