PDA

View Full Version : Blowback topic

Sandman_Bravo
04-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Gotta say thanx to Druid for info about blowback. I was breaking balls into the hopper and losing the cocking bolt (bounced right off my V-force profiler:) ). So I changed the striker bolt O ring. Even though the old one looked fine it solved the problem and now I'm shooting way hot. I'll chrono it and slow it down next trip to the shop. No more broken balls. Any one try the X shape O rings?

ad0131065
04-08-2006, 12:18 PM
x-shape o-rings? i have no idea what your talking about.

Sandman_Bravo
04-08-2006, 12:27 PM
This company makes bolts and accessories:
http://www.acp-products.com/product_xrings.php

ad0131065
04-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Oh...those...

Hob Hayward
04-08-2006, 12:36 PM
I saw those aswell, I kinda want to try em, but no one seems to have used them yet...

vikingshadow
04-08-2006, 01:49 PM
These came out a while back. Way I understand it, they don't work any better than regular orings, and you get to pay more for them as well! Save your money, stick with the round ones!

Hob Hayward
04-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, the theory is there is less contact between the o-ring and the body of the marker, so there is less recoil, as the action should be smoother...

vikingshadow
04-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Yeah, that's the theory, but theories don't always work - at least not in this case. Just a suggestion.

Hey! You could buy them and give us a first hand review on them....I think someone else on the old forums did, but I can't remember who. You can refresh our memories!

druid
04-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Gotta say thanx to Druid for info about blowback. Yer welcome dude. In my profile is a link to AIM me if you need help again...

Any one try the X shape O rings?

What I heard about the ACP rings is that if you aren't careful when installing them on a valve, they can "roll", creating the very thing you are trying to avoid...a leak. Yes, round O-rings can roll but because it's round, it's less of an issue than with an "X".
And speaking on those terms...I seriously doubt that using the ACP rings on a striker could be very good...seeing as that it's always under motion. The tendency to roll is greater...IMO...

NitroBall
04-08-2006, 07:34 PM
X'rings are ok for use on none moving parts,
ie..valve , VA

not so good for bolts and striker, as i have experienced.

If you want my opinion , forget them, stick with the O'rings.