PDA

View Full Version : random facts

claustrophobia9
04-08-2006, 11:43 AM
ok basically just say something that is interesting, and also true that most people wouldnt think of.

example:

The voice of the "gravemind" (creepy blob thing) in halo 2 is the same person who does voices in over a hundred other small parts in various cartoons including:

American Dad
The Boondocks
Tean Titans
Grim and Evil
Danny Phantom
Fairly OddParents.

03TiburonGT
04-08-2006, 12:11 PM
A baboon called Jackie became a private in the South African army in World War I.

WhatThaSmurf
04-08-2006, 03:16 PM
The little plastic things on the ends of your shoelaces are called aglets.

The phase "cold shoulder" comes from the Middle Ages. If a guest had overstayed their welcome, they were served a cold shoulder of beef or pork as a sign to leave.

The Mortal Kombat character Ermac came from a problem with the original arcade releases. Occasionally, when fighting as Subzero or Scorpion or against Reptile, a red ninja would pop out, and the name would read ERMAC, meaning Error Machine.

Napoleon lost at Waterloo because he was too short to see the battle field, needing to ride his horse in order to be able to command his troops. Near the end of his reign, he developed hemorrhoids and could not sit on his horse.

The real G.I.Joe was a British carrier pidgeon.

I know more, just can't think of anything.

03TiburonGT
04-08-2006, 03:20 PM
When the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers play football at home, the stadium becomes the state's third largest city, hahah

NB_Hacker_NB
04-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Insestivity did not originate in the South United States. It began in Europe, where they thought to be a ruler, you'd have to have a pure bloodline, meaning you had to marry your kin.