PDA

View Full Version : spyder advnacement

Elfmaze
04-07-2006, 11:42 PM
i've been outa the game for about five years and i'm getting my tl plus back into shape to keep up with the new machinesbut i was lookign at teh schematics of these new spyder electros.... Has spyder made ANY technology advancements as far as basic gun mechanics. or does my tl plus. with its new electro trigger fire just as well as a new flash? or insert high end spyder here. Are they all about the same besides accessories and looks?

druid
04-08-2006, 12:55 AM
get a TBoard from scenario dreams and run HPA...

Elfmaze
04-08-2006, 03:55 PM
yeah i like the t board if only for the eyes. i can't see running an electro without a breech sensor. but back to the original question, the guns mechanics are still the same right? a TL plusses hardware are pretty much exchangable with XXX marker? besides cocking preference of course. never went hpa because of cost and availability of high pressure air. Oh and because the regulator i bought and spent 70 bux on was a weak excuse for quality control and metals used and broke after the first day in the field. metal on the adjuster was so soft the alen wrench stripped it just trying to adjust the pressure. THats also kinda why i left paintball behind was i was pissed at all the cheap parts on the market demanding top dollar.

colonel_moo
04-08-2006, 08:02 PM
yeah, they are all the same for the most part.

Elfmaze
04-08-2006, 08:46 PM
good to know in one sence. My tl+ is still not outa date! on the other hand it would have been nice to see some cool new stuff inside.

some things i'm thinking.

qloaders are really cool. i figure i'd be spending at least 50 on a hopper and i try not to paint the world when i play so i don't see 100 rounds to be too much a problem. i think i might try it

my bob long cyclone 3 looks like a very big and heavy bolt.... does a lighter bolt affect the cycle rate?

and how the he11 do you get a pin valve to unscrew from a co2 tank? i want to put an on off valve i have on it..........

ad0131065
04-08-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm not sure you can find a q-loader for $50

Yes, a lighter bolt will make the cycle rate a bit faster.

And I have no Idea how you would get the valve off of a CO2 tank.

druid
04-09-2006, 02:23 AM
qloaders are really cool. i figure i'd be spending at least 50 on a hopper and i try not to paint the world when i play so i don't see 100 rounds to be too much a problem. i think i might try it

A used QLoader may run you about $75 on PbNation, and you'll want at least 5 Qpods...trust me

my bob long cyclone 3 looks like a very big and heavy bolt.... does a lighter bolt affect the cycle rate?
Lighter and polished internals will always operate more smoothely
and how the he11 do you get a pin valve to unscrew from a co2 tank? i want to put an on off valve i have on it..

1st...make sure it's empty by pressing in the valve pin with your thumbnail.
2nd...heat the bottleneck with a heat gun, propane torch or long burning candle. It has to heat up to 225* for about 5 mins to make the locktite brittle enough to crack.
3rd...mount the tank in a padded vice but don't crush it
4th...take a large crescent wrench and turn out the valve.

To remount the valve, you will need RED LOCKTITE...THERE ARE NO OTHER SUITABLE ALTERNATIVES PERIOD.

Elfmaze
04-09-2006, 07:13 AM
ah the red locktight gota love it. even my local shop wouldn't touch it after breeifely trying. i'll give the propain torch a shot. do i have to worry about getting the tank too hot? i don't want to weaken it

ooglieboogliebob
04-09-2006, 10:56 AM
the tank's integrity will shrinken down if it's too long .. but usually you can smell the redloctite giving in ...

Elfmaze
04-09-2006, 11:54 AM
what about an oven at 250*? i could even regulate the rate that it cools off that way too.

bigred76
04-09-2006, 12:09 PM
No. Do you have a propane stove top? Turn on one of the burners and use the flame from that until you smell the loctite burning.

Elfmaze
04-09-2006, 10:04 PM
well i have the torch i just fear the thermal destruction point of aluminum with it. stove might be a bit less harsh

druid
04-09-2006, 11:19 PM
just don't concentrate the heat in one spot...put the crescent wrench on the valve and apply pressure...then add the heat. Once the valve cracks open, remove the heat. Fairly simple but if you don't want to do it yourself...take it tothe proshop and they will do exactly what I said...

*EM1-Master*
04-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Oven would be fine... Would just take longer... You wouldn't have to worry about damaging the tank though... ;) They're just haters who like to play with fire :p